What's new

Hawaii Kills Compassion Centers Measure

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
There is no shortage of people willing to GROW DOPE for someone else in Hawaii legally !!!

I find it really hard to believe that ANYONE is sticking to 7 plants and whatever lame weight restriction they have, if so I don't think that there are hundreds of people lining up to grow weed for others at no cost. Just like my car isn't fixed by the guys at the shop for no cost ;)

<~Hades~>

I find it really hard to believe that ANYONE is sticking to 7 plants and whatever lame weight restriction they have, if so I don't think that there are hundreds of people lining up to grow weed for others at no cost. Just like my car isn't fixed by the guys at the shop for no cost ;)
of course not Most who caregive in all states Take half ......THAT LIKE THE UNSPOKEN RULE~

mOST dont mind picking up there 1/2-1lb every 8 weeks for having 3 blooming trees ,Just get dropped on there door step........

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
of course not Most who caregive in all states Take half ......THAT LIKE THE UNSPOKEN RULE~

mOST dont mind picking up there 1/2-1lb every 8 weeks for having 3 blooming trees ,Just get dropped on the door step........

There is no way on god green earth that someone is getting an OZ of top shelf for free A WEEK, just because they have a card. Sure you'll grow for a sick family member or friend, but I hear HI is $7K a lb wholesale no way in hell an oz or two 50% of the harvest you say is handed over to a sick stranger. For what just cause they have a rec? Who is paying for the lights, property taxes, mortgage, nutes?

Fucking pipe dream if you think it only takes a card and someone will hand you an oz of top shelf each week as you sit on your ass.

What possible motivation is there for a service provider in that scenario?

The real world is the real world not make believe. Shit I'll move to HI get a card and sign up for the free oz a week program. You growing? I'll provide the top shelf genetics.

peace, :joint:

<~Hades~>

There is no way on god green earth that someone is getting an OZ of top shelf for free A WEEK, just because they have a card. Sure you'll grow for a sick family member or friend, but I hear HI is $7K a lb wholesale no way in hell an oz or two 50% of the harvest you say is handed over to a sick stranger. For what just cause they have a rec? Who is paying for the lights, property taxes, mortgage, nutes?

Fucking pipe dream if you think it only takes a card and someone will hand you an oz of top shelf each week as you sit on your ass.

What possible motivation is there for a service provider in that scenario?

The real world is the real world not make believe. Shit I'll move to HI get a card and sign up for the free oz a week program. You growing? I'll provide the top shelf genetics.

peace, :joint:
The most you will ever get for a Lb weather chem -d to Ak47 to OG kush is 5000-5500 ~normal rate of anywhere else~ 350-400 a OZ 100-120 a Q

<~Hades~>

:wave:Most caregivers Siphone off half for blackmarket sale and half goes to the medcard holder, Most in all states and most lie they dont !!! There are plenty of sites and places for MEd patients to Find caregivers !!! in most states !!

if they passed the law and bumped it up to being able to caregive for 5 people that about 12K room , Getting 1.5 -2 lb per light every 8 weeks and giving half away and biulds a wall for law inforcment to have to catch you selling it !!!

I know plenty On this site and other that make a killing being caregivers and keeping there patents Supplied

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Shit I'd pay that for a Q on the beach in HI, but I normally just ship my stuff in advance so I can smoke.

Peace, :joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
:wave:Most caregivers Siphone off half for blackmarket sale and half goes to the medcard holder, Most in all states and most lie they dont !!! There are plenty of sites and places for MEd patients to Find caregivers !!! in most states !!

if they passed the law and bumped it up to being able to caregive for 5 people that about 12K room , Getting 1.5 -2 lb per light every 8 weeks and giving half away and biulds a wall for law inforcment to have to catch you selling it !!!

I know plenty On this site and other that make a killing being caregivers and keeping there patents Supplied

And they are lying through their teeth if they say they turn over 1/2 THEIR finished product for $0. You 50% is a dream ;)

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's part of an article by Trisha Smith in the current Maui Weekly-

On Wednesday, March 17, the Maui Police Department (MPD) invited two Los Angeles police officers to appear on behalf of California Narcotics Officers' Association for the Hawaii Medical Marijuana Summit in Wailuku.

Although reporters were shut out of the meeting, some were able to talk with the law enforcement officials about their objectives.

Sgt. Eric Bixler and Det. Glenn Walsh were there to discuss the challenges and frustrations that have emerged from California Compassion Use Act (Proposition 215), a voter-enacted legislation passed in 1996 regarding medical marijuana.

Bixler said there are approximately 966 "dispensaries" in L.A. County alone, and not a lot of leadership to implement a workable system. He said his squads have seen a sustainable increase in crime rates- nearly 200 percent- and worsening economic problems since the "dispenseries" started popping up.

"Theoretically, these places are just storefront marijuana dealers," he said.

The officers also claimed that there are more dispensaries now than schools- even more than Starbucks locations.

Walsh suggested "better legal and tested meds" such as Merinol- a derivative of THC- that patients can use instead of smoking marijuana. He also suggested a natural THC extract known as Sativex, which has worked in Europe and Canada.

The offers stated consistant problems with people "smoking out while driving" and an increased number of kids coming out of dispensaries with marijuana and selling it.

In general, the officers said California is in "quite the prediciment" right now. They don't want to see the same thing happen to Hawaii.

The session on Maui also presented statements from "Why Marijuana Legalization Would Compromise Public Health and Public Safety" from Office of National Drug Control Policy Director R. Gil Kerlikowske.

President Obama's handpicked drug czar has been touring the nation to address drug abuse issues. In the recent report, Kerlikowske stated that "science, though still evolving, is clear: marijuana use is harmful."

Kerilowske also stated that although there is a need to find innovative ways to alleviate financial woes, "it is clear that the social costs of legalizing marijuana would outweigh any possible tax that could be levied."

In a recent letter to local newspapers, DPFH President Pamela Lichty, MPH, stated her aggrevation with the L.A. officers' visit that provided a "one-sided 'update'" and mounted "a propoganda campaign".

She asserted that Hawaii had the opportunity "to design a program from scratch using the best models available."

Since the Hawaii Legislature's new biennium begins July 1, all the bills that did not pass the legislature will die this year, and must be reintroduced anew to be considered.

"Cannabis is not politically popular, and remains extremely controversial during election years," Lichty said recently in a phone interview. "We made some progress, so I'm happy about that."

"We are still going to have to address the legitimate concern when it comes to access for these patients," said Sen. Baker.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The rationale the prohibitionists are using here is sickening. but karma has a funny way about sorting things out. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these folks (or their loved ones) develop their own need for medicinal cannabis. Maybe that's what it takes for them to change their tune, although I wouldn't wish suffering on anyone.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a Commentary by Pamela Lichty of the Medical Cannabis Working Group. She is also the President of the Drug Policy Forum of Hawaii. It ran in the Maui Weekly-

It is no coincidence that law enforcement is mounting a propoganda campaign to convince Hawaii legislators and the public that opening medical marijuana dispensaries is a bad idea. This is the first year amendments to Hawaii's 10-year old medical marijuana law have progressed to the legislature.

Opening dispensaries to provide registered patients with safe and legal access to marijuana was the No. 1 recommendation of the Medical Cannabis Working Group. Our law permits qualifying patients to use this medical herb without providing a legal supply- thus forcing patients to go to the black market to obtain their medicine.

No one is proposing using Southern California as a model for dispensaries. Rather, Hawaii has the opportunity to design a program from scratch using the best models available to serve patients' needs and potentially provide revenue to the state and counties from tightly regulated sales.

We are disappointed that California, at a time of severe budget shortfalls, flew in three officers from Los Angeles to Maui and Oahu for a one-sided "update" which excluded all proponents. Instead of listening to scare stories about the problems in L.A. stemming from lack of regulation, Hawaii law enforcement officials should be working with us on drafting fair and workable rules for the proposed compassion centers.