What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii Green harvest 2016

Green

Veteran
Tropical Storm DARBY is dumping buckets, with 20k sustained winds..Had some big girls shredded even with stakes and support.
The heavy rains and 20-30k wind gusts are too much and are snapping colas and upper branches.
It's a jungle out here...

Yep, went to go check on the ladies. Had some guava tree snapped over right on my girls. Gives them character I suppose.

militia420

You guys got it worse than me. It was really windy up here in the fern forest. I was expecting heavier rain than what we've had before up here but it really didn't come down as hard or as long as some rains last year. Sorry to hear about you all having your girls torn up. Mine are small enough that I could move them to the car port area.

A tip on any snapped branches, if you get some neosporene and put it in the splits then wrap some tape around it you can keep the moisture in the branches and they won't die. Been there done that.

JOJO420

Veteran
I used electrical tape and sticks. It works like a charm unless completely snapped or broken.

If the branch is separated from the stalk, just plug it back in, tape the hell out of it at the break and use sticks in the pots to prop them up.
Been doing this for years this way.

JOJO420

Veteran
Old 07-25-2016, 02:09 AM #62
militia420

militia420 will become famous soon enough
You guys got it worse than me. It was really windy up here in the fern forest. I was expecting heavier rain than what we've had before up here but it really didn't come down as hard or as long as some rains last year. Sorry to hear about you all having your girls torn up. Mine are small enough that I could move them to the car port area.

A tip on any snapped branches, if you get some neosporene and put it in the splits then wrap some tape around it you can keep the moisture in the branches and they won't die. Been there done that.
Aloha bro, glad you made it ok.
Love the Neosporin idea. Have you tried it in our climate? I'm all ears

Downhill on the top of the slope in Mountain View area get lots of rain and nasty wind shears , up to 40k I read on news site.
My girls are all 4-5ft tall and just as wide.
Trainwrecks.. Buggas get big, and stretch all over wide, all trainwrecky stylee. Fingers crossed they do not mold and can finish. These look like gonna be mold city. Big, long get fat sativa kind buds, but looks mold city... Hope I'm wrong :)

militia420

I used electrical tape and sticks. It works like a charm unless completely snapped or broken.

If the branch is separated from the stalk, just plug it back in, tape the hell out of it at the break and use sticks in the pots to prop them up.
Been doing this for years this way.

That electrical tape is better than what I used in the past I bet. That would lock in moisture. I used a basic tan paper tape which I had on hand years ago with a few snaps. Vaseline will work well like the neosporene too if you ever decide to try that approach. I'm paranoid and I just like knowing that I'm locking in as much moisture as possible while the branch heals over.

The funny thing is, I have one male up here that had a branch snap months ago when I was moving it and I was like, "eh screw it, it's a male I can lose a branch", but because the humidity is so high up here the branch lived and healed over. It didn't need tape or gel to lock in moisture.

militia420

Old 07-25-2016, 02:09 AM #62
militia420

militia420 will become famous soon enough

Aloha! Yeh I didn't post much last year. I have a lot of health issues and happened to get severe lead poisoning last May. That completely knocked out my ability to really think well, do things, and especially post on here.

Aloha bro, glad you made it ok.
Love the Neosporin idea. Have you tried it in our climate? I'm all ears

Downhill on the top of the slope in Mountain View area get lots of rain and nasty wind shears , up to 40k I read on news site.
My girls are all 4-5ft tall and just as wide.
Trainwrecks.. Buggas get big, and stretch all over wide, all trainwrecky stylee. Fingers crossed they do not mold and can finish. These look like gonna be mold city. Big, long get fat sativa kind buds, but looks mold city... Hope I'm wrong :)

I haven't tried neosporene over here but I'm positive it's a good idea because it has anti-bacterial properties, and maybe anti-fungal properties. This environment is perfect for bacteria and fungi to flourish, so when you get a branch splitting, they could get in there at any point up to the branch healing over solidly. That could kill some or all of the plant. So putting that on ASAP blocks any opening for those things to get in and the anti-septic properties are there the whole time it's healing.

We did have serious winds here in Mountain View but I had walls on 3 sides of my plants where I moved them for the storm and none of them are over 3.5 feet.

I grew a trainwreck x blue hen cross out over 10 years ago. I think it was the tallest plant I ever grew. It might have hit 7 feet tall. It didn't finish well because I was guerilla growing in old farm land with tall grasses and every fall morning had cold, wet dew on the plants and grass. It was my worst grow actually. I lost a lot of plants to straight up bud rot. Live and learn. I hope for your sake your bud isn't all rotted or or lost to mold. But if it is, better that than getting ripped off. Rippers are the worst next to LEO.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Yeah, thought I saw them here but now I pretty sure they were just checking the power linrs after the storm.

SurfdOut

Veteran
I got a call this am saying they were flying South Kona today, havent had a chance to confirm.

Have a good weekend.

WonderfilldLife

Lead Me

Lead Me

:woohoo:

Vacation time and i am way past excited... and stressed?

Visiting beautiful Hawaii and I cant take my meds. Who cares about price. I just need to know where should i stay to get close to it.. Special places to go where its always at?

Any recommendations? Should I ask the Taxi driver? :tiphat:

Green

Veteran
:woohoo:

Vacation time and i am way past excited... and stressed?

Visiting beautiful Hawaii and I cant take my meds. Who cares about price. I just need to know where should i stay to get close to it.. Special places to go where its always at?

Any recommendations? Should I ask the Taxi driver? :tiphat:

Dude, seriously pretty much anywhere. Easiest place to score. Welcome by the way.

Beach
Hippies
Hitch hikers
Natty dreads
Uncle Roberts
Follow your nose
It's everywhere just show some aloha

SurfdOut

Veteran
Talked to Kona, they for sure flew there on Friday. We still waiting for the big cleanse. Lol