What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

arsekick

I can see it right now, the lakes in my area would have been frozen solid when I was a kid by this time
now? they're not even started
and it's become a 50/50 shot in any given year if they will freeze completely
you're not seeing much change in the tropics? you may not for quite a while
the change is happening at the northerly latitudes, that's the start, not the end
and this has been discussed ad nauseum, if you don't want to listen that's on you
Were you a kid when we were having the ice age scare in the 70's ?

1705109919668.png

arsekick

and the NOAA 2023 temperature report is available
as most have already heard, it is a record
big record

The year 2023 was the warmest year since global records began in 1850 at 1.18°C (2.12°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F). This value is 0.15°C (0.27°F) more than the previous record set in 2016. The 10 warmest years in the 174-year record have all occurred during the last decade (2014–2023). Of note, the year 2005, which was the first year to set a new global temperature record in the 21st century, is now the 12th-warmest year on record. The year 2010, which had surpassed 2005 at the time, now ranks as the 11th-warmest year on record.

View attachment 18945284

Apparently Glaciers melt when its cold
1705110507890.png
1705110534486.png
1705110608147.png
1705110704672.png

arsekick

oh I go farther back than that
interesting how it's warmed up over these years, what do you think might have caused that?
and your weather has just taken a sharp left turn? maybe, just maybe these changes are somehow related to the topic at hand
The 70's was a lot cooler than the 30s, why did it cool down ?

Its certainly warmed up since the mid 80s to about 2016/18 ? we have had the coldest winters the last 4 years since the early 80s here, don't have a air con but have put another bigger combustion heater in.

In Feb 2009 we could of used an air con it got bloody hot, summers have been cooling down ever since, except for the El Nino year of 2016 that was a ripper, was 9 months of beautiful warm weather, winter was still a bit chilly tho

This world is not what you think it is. We are being lied to. The earth has undergone many biosphere changes and pole shifts. The Vapor canopy period explains how Antarctica is there in the first place.
In 2239BC when the Phoenix appeared, and the great flood happened, the vapor canopy in the mesosphere collapsed and all that water froze instantly in the pole regions.

All the data and unescapable truth can be found here:

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Archaix138

Playlists:

Break Free or Die Trying!

Rgd

Veteran
some will never see anything more than weather
and some will only fly on the we dun it ,the sky is falling, fear train

its beautiful planet
love our weather..
the sea level is fine
intense weather happens and will happen
sunny warm days too.
work at cleaning up pollution

and let the planet /sun interactions do what they always do.

interact

my litmus test

if movie stars are for it..and support it

its wrong

Old Piney

I believe that there's no doubt that globally we are in a warming trend but to what extent or if we are responsible is open for discussion. Even if we are we have to be realistic and responsible about what we do about it. Similar to limiting domestic fuel production , Germany has excessively taxed diesel. Is it better that they import their food from foreign farmers who also use diesel in their tractors? It just seems this nonsense is more about crying and complaining and control rather than a real fix. Sometimes you gotta think a little out of the box. In the US they make us add ethanol to our gasoline to be “green” but is it? The ethanol is produced from corn which is a big nitrogen feeder. Nitrogen is produced from natural gas or coal and during it production and use there's a significant amount of greenhouse gas emitted https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/...es-greenhouse-gases-throughout-its-life-cycle

Last edited:
I believe that there's no doubt that globally we are in a warming trend but to what extent or if we are responsible is open for discussion. Even if we are we have to be realistic and responsible about what we do about it. Similar to limiting domestic fuel production , Germany has excessively taxed diesel. Is it better that they import their food from foreign farmers who also use diesel in their tractors? It just seems this nonsense is more about crying and complaining and control rather than a real fix. Sometimes you gotta think a little out of the box. In the US they make us add ethanol to our gasoline to be “green” but is it? The ethanol is produced from corn which is a big nitrogen feeder. Nitrogen is produced from natural gas or coal and during it production and use there's a significant amount of greenhouse gas emitted https://pulitzercenter.org/stories/...es-greenhouse-gases-throughout-its-life-cycle
So true, plus the waste could be turned into diesel that is instead being buried in landfills and tossed in the ocean...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
1705166534477.png

more realistic yet way too much red.
no way the north was this much over "normal".
and as far as "average global temperatures" there is an awful lot of white that doesn't look like it was 'averaged in'.
coldest winter here on the left coast right now 15*, ice inside the windows this AM, but it is weather, not climate.
current values globally...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The 70's was a lot cooler than the 30s
late seventies were much warmer (here, anyway) in the winter than we had ever experienced. 77 through 79 frequently had day-time highs in 60s and 70s in January & February. spent a lot of time fishing out on Boone lake with my parents then...mom would have her shirt sleeves rolled up starting to work on her tan.

Rgd

Veteran
it has been hotter up here general here since the early 90’s..I thank thee Lord for it

50’s to late 80’s had the hottest and coldest though

its a gift not to lose ones hard worked on vegetable garden on an end of august full moon..

in the 50’s the ground would crack in the summer,.,were also had locusts and grass hopper plagues..

life is better up here..

I believe we are in a warming trend as part of an ice age

embrace warming..its so much better than becoming an icicle with a flower in your mouth

the sea level is doing fine too..

we need to start removing micro plastics instead of bowing

and submitting to the false god of climate change

the climate ain’t gonna ruin our lives...

its the rich and powerful humans behind it yah gotta watch out for..

and the sheep that follow

Last edited:

Rgd

Veteran
late seventies were much warmer (here, anyway) in the winter than we had ever experienced. 77 through 79 frequently had day-time highs in 60s and 70s in January & February. spent a lot of time fishing out on Boone lake with my parents then...mom would have her shirt sleeves rolled up starting to work on her tan.
its amazing how a few hundred miles can produce opposite effects

ain’t weather grand

igrowone

Veteran
for the record, I don't believe you'll find me advocating for the economically impossible or impractical(yet)
this thread was about the receding northern ice cap
14 years and the average ice mass has shrunk dramatically, it's recorded in the thread
if you want to insist the global temperature records are a scam, then keep living in your own world
just tell me, what is the color of the sky in your world?

igrowone

Veteran
Thought it would of all melted by now

View attachment 18945737
at the moment, the northern ice cap has ice coverage that is near normal(low normal)
this is in the context of much below normal ice over long periods of time
quite simply you are cherry picking
but you are using the NOAA ice coverage records
therefore you now accept NOAA records as trusted?
if not why are you posting this bogus data?

arsekick

at the moment, the northern ice cap has ice coverage that is near normal(low normal)
this is in the context of much below normal ice over long periods of time
quite simply you are cherry picking
but you are using the NOAA ice coverage records
therefore you now accept NOAA records as trusted?
if not why are you posting this bogus data?

Thought it was from NSIDC the National Snow and Ice Data center, pretty sure NOAA is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

How about this one below, highest sea ice extent for 20 years for Jan the 6th anyway, but it was the hottest year ever last year, you wouldn't think the sea ice would be at 20 year highs if that was the case.

1705195114198.png