What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If it weren't for the few among the many, we could not have this conversation. Don't be so quick to belittle those who invented everything you need to live your comfy life, or those who will create the way we power our planet in the future. I suspect much more will be done with wave power. Solar fields across arrid regions to reduce the suns intensity hitting the ground, and allowing vegetation to start to develop. The future is so full of potential, don't be so afraid or mistrusting of those who speak of things you can't comprehend, some of them will save the future, and a lot of them will get rich. Don't let that jealousy or prejudice lead you to hamper their efforts to educate the less elite.

shithawk420

Veteran
Good post GMT. But unfortunately we will never have efficient alternative energy in our life time.money and greed will always win. Look at Henry ford. He had that guy killed cause he invented a car that didn't run on gas. And now it seems there's an agenda to stop mills cause a couple thousand birds die a year. We just can't win. Im done here. Humans are fucked. Im gonna chill with my bees and llamas

Genghis Kush

Good post GMT. But unfortunately we will never have efficient alternative energy in our life time.money and greed will always win. Look at Henry ford. He had that guy killed cause he invented a car that didn't run on gas. And now it seems there's an agenda to stop mills cause a couple thousand birds die a year. We just can't win. Im done here. Humans are fucked. Im gonna chill with my bees and llamas

do you keep bees and llamas at your house?

sounds cool. i like llamas

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Good post GMT. But unfortunately we will never have efficient alternative energy in our life time....

Hmmm, perhaps not as "efficient" as fossil fuel, but I agree, not in my lifetime (I am just north of 60 and have a little less than 40 years left--it seems that everyone in my family that died of natural causes lived 90-100+ years; longevity is in my genes).

shithawk420

Veteran
I live in a 500 population rural town with mills everywhere. 3 miles out of town is our farm. I grow and raise the horses and animals there. Llamas are cool. They remind me of huge rabbits. Rarely spit.

Wasn't trying to be a dick. Just gets frustrating sometimes when your watching the world turn to shithell. Actually like this thread.I hear you on having good genes. My buddies dad just died a few weeks ago. He was 95. My buddy is 61 and in better shape than me

shithawk420

Veteran
lol great song!i rode a llama once.they dont like it.they are alot stronger than you might think.very docile but you dont wanna piss them off.when they fight they sound like dinosaures from jurassic park!not kidding!

shithawk420

Veteran
no they arent as aggresive as goats.see,they are more aggresive towards other male llamas cause of the alpha male thing.we have female llamas at one farm and the males at another.they will kill each other over females.its actually pretty interesting.they slam their chest together instead of head butting.they dont have horns.in 20 years not one has harmed me.but i sure was scared a couple times.even though goats are less than twice the size,id be more scared of goats.they are fucking mean

Floridian

Veteran
shithawk why do you believe this thread has turned in to a 'shitshell' because not all of us share your point of view?I imagine this thread would just be a boring gaggle of shit if everyone in it just 'fell into line' like you wish.What would be the point of it?

Floridian

Veteran
O shit hawk,are you cerial??You got to be kidding man everyone has their own perspective on everything under the sun and especially here nobody's perspective should be unannounced or silenced.A website of creative reefer smokers never having an issue with another's reality?Man that sounds like fun!I swear man I not only respect your point of view although I don't share it,if I didn't hear it there would be no point to any of this.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
CICE_combine_thick_SM_EN_20170102TWO.png

[/FONT]https://realclimatescience.com/2017/01/arctic-sea-ice-the-same-thickness-as-1940/
tiphat.gif

[/FONT]

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
yes it does, however, if you re-read what you quoted...

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our analyses indicate that anomalous dry periods of the Indian monsoon are mostly coincident with negative TSI derivative."

...which indicates that DRY PERIODS are mostly COINCIDENT with negative TSI.

let's put it into perspective.
reduced total solar irradiance (which is responsible for cloud formation) causes the anomalous dry periods.
it cannot be the four tenths of one percent carbon dioxide of atmospheric gases.
[/FONT]

I couldn't find any mention in the paper of claims that atmospheric CO2 was a factor in dry spells of the Indian Monsoon. Couldn't find any in a web search either. So I'm not sure what you're disproving here.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
as for your second question, you're quite an assumption that there is record heat, especially after the last 19 years of not getting hotter.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
NASA, NOAA data show 2016 warmest year on record globally
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-noaa-data-show-2016-warmest-year-on-record-globally

Global warming 'pause' never happened, scientists say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-global-warming-pause/?utm_term=.41479abdcc4a

Genghis Kush

"... (CO2). This benign trace gas.."

not so benign, actually.

http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/2008/01/co2-emissions-kill-people

"The new study details how each increase of 1 degree Celsius caused by CO2 would lead annually to upward of 20,000 air-pollution-related deaths. "This is a cause and effect relationship, not just a correlation," said Jacobson, whose study has been accepted for publication in Geophysical Research Letters. "The study is the first specifically to isolate carbon dioxide's effect from that of other global-warming agents." It's also the first to find that rising CO2 increases mortality due to rising levels of ozone, particles, and carcinogens in the air."

Latest posts

Latest posts