What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you found your life's purpose?

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I want to work in an iron ore mine here in Australia...driving a 200 ton Haul Pack truck. do it for 10 years...make a shit load of money.

That's my purpose.

G

gloryoskie

My way is to serve others, and I gladly accept it.
You may find a path that suits you so live by that.

The lucky ones find their paths quickly.

Motorboat!

Herbophile

I want to work in an iron ore mine here in Australia...driving a 200 ton Haul Pack truck. do it for 10 years...make a shit load of money.

That's my purpose.

If it's anything like the mines where I live they require a hair sample for the pre-employment drug test and randoms afterwards. I'm not sure it's something I can do. :D The money is nice though.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aaa09c45-0ccc-4f9d-8e69-959d1678985c.jpg

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I need to start working on my future, and it frustrates me to have to say that. I know that if I want to live in societies system I have to work and contribute, but I never fucking asked to be born ever.I was just created by two people who wanted another baby because THEY wanted a family.
I wonder if this makes me ungrateful? maybe. I enjoy a lot of my life and have a feeling the future will somehow be okay and everything will work itself out. but each daygoes by just like the rest, and I'm no closer to everything "working itself out".
but I don't think my petty shit matters. brave men fought for peace and freedom in world war 2. that
was so long ago that men and women have been born and died of natural causes in that timeframe. obviously ww2 is still relevant to people alive today, but when i go, 50 years down the line nobody will remember anything funny I said or that time I saved some dude choking to death in a restaraunt...
i t sucks when you know you're a shitty person destined for mediocrity. but on the same coin, even if you do cure multiple diseases or discover antiviral medications that destroys HIV and herpes... when the earth becomes uninhabitable, nobody will have a legacy.

First off...take it from me, I was addicted to heroin for 18 years, been off it for 16 now...out of dozens of friends from back then, 3 of us are still alive-- Heroin is not a road you want to "Peek" down...much less drive down!!
But as far as your frustration and confusion with Life...we all have that man...just a matter of dealing with it, not fearing it--
Your life is yours, so might as well enjoy all the twists and turns, highs and lows-- Don't harden yourself AGAINST life...harden yourself FOR life--
Here is a poem I wrote years ago...it just seemed kinda pertinent--

The paths in life we take
Is a truly forked up road
With forks going everywhere
Your destination is untold

You take the ones that seem the best
Always wondering, 'what about the rest?'
'Did I take more, when it should have been less?'
Each road has a hill, hiding the other side of the crest

If we do what we feel, will it be the right thing
If we do what we should, what rewards will it bring
If we do what we're told, then sometimes it will sting
But if we do what we want, we don't do anything

This poem has no ending, as the paths go on forever
Intertwining mine with yours, sometimes floating like a feather
So don't let life harden you, don't shroud your soul in leather
Let yourself enjoy the journey... for your lifetime, is..."Forever"
:tiphat:

mrcreosote

Veteran
If there's some kind of design or grand plan in the universe...
I'm pretty sure I'm screwing it up somehow.

Don't much matter to me though, I'll muddle through it all and have a bit of fun too.
I'm not a big fan of the whole Central Planning Committee thing anyway.

I'm more of a Cosmic Flotsam Theorist.
Don't bother. I haven't Wiki-ed it yet.