What's new

Have you found your life's purpose?

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Well I'll turn 64 this year, and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
As for Feyd, join the army it can be a lot of fun even when your getting shot at, what an adrenalin rush. I spent 13 years in the army, was a door gunner/crew chief on hueys and OH-6 and some fixed wings also and then in the field arty I also have been an archaeologist NW prehistoric, and spent 15 years in the plant business teaching people how to plant gardens and trees flowers etc. and ended up a certified Master Gardner.
Next life expansion I m thinking about restoring a Citroen 2cv for the hell of it Mans gotta have a hobby,besides growing weed, it sorta like watching haircut for action.
Any way all you youngster out there keep looking your all too young to be so cynical my 2 cents
So I roll another one, just like the other one, and kick back some more.
You all are not gonna believe how fast the next 40 years is gonna go,Whew sped by like a motherfucker!!!!!!!

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I wonder how often the average guy contemplates his own end. heavy stuff. I think the worst part about death other than not ever having a thought or feeling again is that nobody has ever been able to say with 100% certainty what happens when we die. although personally I am sure that death is nothingness... and that's scary to me while I'm still here...

I just want to live to be old enough to feel like I've had enough life...
I don't think I would ever kill myself though. not unless I had no friends or family or I am diagnosed with a terminal illness.

I never used to worry about it but with my lifestyle and habits I feel like the end could be any day now. oh well. one comforting thought is that you don't have to experience death, only dying.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
As far as never having thoughts or feeling again ... well thats cause your dead, you won't know that your not having thoughts or feelings again.
Ever thought about talking to a shrink?

DarthFader1

Veteran
Whilst it's not a bad idea to recommend shrinks seeing as that's kind of their job.. Just be careful those motherfuckers don't stick you on xyz pills for the next decade.. Then you'll be really messed up. My brief foray into the mental health sector uncovered more gross professional incompetence than i care to remember.

Talking to someone enlightened, wise and highly intelligent is always a better way imo.. The trouble is finding people of these rare qualities..

Just my 2 cents

Darth

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
gdiddy and pearlemae... good posts.

as far as the dope goes its not something that I plan to make a habit of. the city I live in has a lot of dope and a lot of the kids I knew from my teenage years are junkies. best friends have both had issues with the law and have completed detox/rehab programs, one is currently doing an IOP atm... I've only IV'd subutex dilaudid methadrone and heroin. none of them are habits and when i shot dope it was seriously only 0.1g.
anyways enough about that.

the only reason I have considered the military is I seriously am at risk for becoming a basement dweller.I haven't found a job and haven't worked for z year. my experience is ductwork installation, making coffee and retail. I need to start working on my future, and it frustrates me to have to say that. I know that if I want to live in societies system I have to work and contribute, but I never fucking asked to be born ever.I was just created by two people who wanted another baby because THEY wanted a family.
I wonder if this makes me ungrateful? maybe. I enjoy a lot of my life and have a feeling the future will somehow be okay and everything will work itself out. but each daygoes by just like the rest, and I'm no closer to everything "working itself out".
but I don't think my petty shit matters. brave men fought for peace and freedom in world war 2. that
was so long ago that men and women have been born and died of natural causes in that timeframe. obviously ww2 is still relevant to people alive today, but when i go, 50 years down the line nobody will remember anything funny I said or that time I saved some dude choking to death in a restaraunt...
i t sucks when you know you're a shitty person destined for mediocrity. but on the same coin, even if you do cure multiple diseases or discover antiviral medications that destroys HIV and herpes... when the earth becomes uninhabitable, nobody will have a legacy.

baittis

Purpose of life?
Simple to me. To evolve.

As for my personal meaning of life:
Learn, live and love. Kinda like evolving too.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feyd -

Not to chastise you in any way, but if you've got an irrational fear of dying than you'd better stay the fuck away from heroin! Death sentence in a convenient, injectable form. Well, I do know one person who made it out alive from being an h-junky...still, the odds aren't good!

That is exactly what I was thinking. to add to that, maybe go get a blood test for h.i.v. now too.

rocket high

Veteran
Ive found my purpose and it's growing weed but with the backward laws in the UK that make's me a criminal.
Looks like my purpose is to be a criminal ...well so be it.
moon.gif

I know that if I want to live in societies system I have to work and contribute, but I never fucking asked to be born ever.

Thats the way i feel as well .... i work for the min wage to help a horrible rich man get richer, theres nothing right about that in my eye's .
We should work for each other,to look after each other but that's not the way the human race thinks now. It's everyman for their selfs nowadays im afraid.(get money ,make money at all costs)

It might sound like sour grapes but if you stand back and look at the big picture this is how it is folks.

Purpose of life?
Simple to me. To evolve.

As for my personal meaning of life:
Learn, live and love. Kinda like evolving too.

I was going to say the same! For a lifes purpose for me is to gain knowledge, be useful and be nice to people. But mostly raise my daughter to be a good human being. :wave:

Protea

My purpouse is to see as much of this planet as possible before my eyes gives up,
to grow the best weed i can, it doesnt need to be the best in the world, but good enought that my friends goes wow.
To love and be loved.
and to get a few near death exsperienses before the one that pushes me into nonexsistens, if it goes to long between thees exsperienses i feel a bit depressed, and goes a bit stir cracy. and tend to get fined for driving my scooter like some fucking kamikaze pilot.

NotaProfessor

I've chosen happiness as my life's purpose.

At every opportunity, I strive to maximize happiness for me and those around me. I get a good feeling when I am able to make others happy...a kind of self-reinforcing loop.

It's not about being a pollyanna. We choose our emotions as responses to input. If we choose our emotions then why is it we end up choosing emotions that negatively affect us? Habit? If the choice is mine then why in the world would I choose something other than happiness?

Another thing that allows me to be happy is the realization that I have no control over some things so worrying about them is a path to unhappiness. I worry very little nowadays.

Life's too short to spend it with a cloud over one's head. Happiness works for me. YMMV.

Last edited:

castout

Veteran
My purpose in life is to be a responsible, and loving mother/friend/partner, and to have a positive impact on those I come into contact with, and to help those that I can, simply because it is the right thing to do!!!!!

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My sole purpose is to have stories, to tell when im older.I don't want to die ,or relish thought of dying.But if it happened tommorrow,i can honestly say i woulnd't feel as if i had been cheated.Live life everyday like an adventure when possible ,balls to the wall with no regrets .And remember ...Its better to regret something you have done..then something you haven't......

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I hate when people say they want to "help other people" or something along those lines as the meaning of life. I agree that making others happy is the way to make yourself happy, but living a good life free of ill intent is all the karma others need to straighten themselves out. Change must come from within(your pocket), not without.

Danksta

Well like I said were all lost to a certain point. Being positive and spreading happiness is definitely a purpose :) Remember what goes around comes around.

I didn't know there are so many people afraid of dieing. I have a whole shelf of books with fascinating evidence showing that our consciousness doesn't just disappear after death. If anyone is interested, look for books about hypnotic regression or NDE (PM me for recommendations).

I would like to share an experience I had with those who are afraid. :comfort:

As I exhaled, my consciousness was ripped out of my body. My ego reacted violently as it thought it was going insane. Time ceased to exist and I might have seen snippets of my future life in between each frame of the space-time fabric. I felt the presence of entities during certain times. This was all in a cyclic motion, a tape repeating itself endlessly. It was like a quick moving slideshow in a 3rd person perspective of my body. In each frame what I believed was me would dissolve into nothing and my ego would then try to re-materialize itself and ask if it was going crazy. It felt like time had stopped and through this endless madness I was traveling somewhere. This all felt like death, but I my consciousness was still there observing it all. At the peak of this insanity I opened my eyes to see my fiance was experiencing the same state. We did not know what to do of it all. She asked me what was happening and if everything was ok. As she grabbed my hand, I responded by telling her that everything was fine and I felt the same as she did. The room was glowing in vibrant colours at this point even though it was dark moments before. The outlines of shapes in the room did not have clear borders, the dazzling coloured outlines of each shape would sway back and forth making it all surreal. It was a dream state that my mind was trying to grasp. I let myself relax in this state and just enjoy it. As I was still dwelling in my newly found state my fiance had already come out. A smile was pasted on my face and peace pervaded every cell of my body. My mind or ego did not inhabit this same space. As my mind began to grasp this state, wanting to keep it, I slowly slipped out into normal being. I was very calm and all of it felt normal like it was meant to be.

DMT broke my fear of death :tiphat:

K

Kitsym

as strange as it sounds i know my purpose was to grow plants! It's changed my life on many levels, never really liked anything in this world except for drugs before i grew a plant for the first time....