What's new

have you ever gotten any phony money?

supermanlives

Veteran
here in cali there was a bunch of it. some out of the way stores wouldnt take hunderd dollar bills. i bought a kit years ago and still have it. i have yet to see a phony bill. i do have some friends that have found some. i once heard a tale of a grower who got paid with some phony bills and it supposedly didnt end well for him. phony money could come in change you get from your local store

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Not me personally,but my Brother owns a jewelry store and hes seen a fair amount of monopoly money over the years.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Back when I was a heroin addict, I seen a fake 20 on the wall at a gas station...I gave the guy $5 for it...and went and bought dope with it-- lol--

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Back when I was a heroin addict, I seen a fake 20 on the wall at a gas station...I gave the guy $5 for it...and went and bought dope with it-- lol--

that reminded me of an old freind who was a printer by trade,he would print the same twenty dollar bill,face only and fold them so they could not be seen till he drove away..he wasnt the smartest tool in the shed.(I dont condone this in any way)

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
500 bucks will get ya a money counter that is better and more up to date than what 90 percent of the banks have out there. Infrared, anti counterfitting detection, Peace of mind.
I used a Cassida for an old buisness i had. It was excellent and i got my money back out of it when i sold it.

U

Ultra Current

I got a fake quarter the other day. The sound was different when shaken with other change. The quarter had a heads on both sides. The weight was exactly what it was supposed to be. At first i thought i was rich and this was a mistake but then i did some research and found out it was fake. I took a 30x scope and it looked real good but somehow it was cut from 2 quarters. For about an hour i thought i won the lottery.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All our money is phony money. It is based off of nothing. It might as well be south park space cash.

sp_1306_11.jpg

greenpinky

Hell ya I just got a fake twenty. And it was a bad fake.
Now the game starts to unload it on some business. Maybe wall mart

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
got a fake 20 and 50 in the last few months, big problem in some areas,few years ago i use to pass through a town in which every shop had a notice saying they wouldnt except 100 + notes.

and the old favorite...
attachment.php

SpayceRayce

A few yrs back, I worked retail computers, and a kid came in w/ his Dad. Just came from bank, a stack of 100's withdrawn from his account to pay for new latop. The BANK passed this kid a bad 100 - the fucking BANK. The kid was bawling, the Dad was incredulous. I had no trouble believing it. Hand the bank a bad note - they call cops. Bank accidentally gets a bad note, think they are gonna eat it? No a fucking chance, they hand it to you, if you get burned, fuck you. There are 2 laws, one for big biz, and one for us - and neither work to OUR advantage.

schwilly

got handed a fake twenty slangin herb at a festival.

used it to buy balloons from the nitrous goons, which is what everybody does.

E

el dub

SpaceR: The bank doesn't want to see those fake bills they get passed. They are required to report and the feds DO come to investigate, as I understand it.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some friends of mine from California got some fake money some years back.They told me of how they spent it on the whores in Costa Rica during a surf trip.Story was quite funny,and they said they had a fuckin blast...

Ortiz_NE

I've seen plenty of fake $$. Dudes near me just got busted last year for printing hundreds of dollars of fake 20's, they were going down to lawrence and lowell and buying coke+dope. Heard they found some way with spray paint to replicate the holographic shit on the new bills. Needless to say they're goin away for a nice little bid...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
A few yrs back, I worked retail computers, and a kid came in w/ his Dad. Just came from bank, a stack of 100's withdrawn from his account to pay for new latop. The BANK passed this kid a bad 100 - the fucking BANK. The kid was bawling, the Dad was incredulous. I had no trouble believing it. Hand the bank a bad note - they call cops. Bank accidentally gets a bad note, think they are gonna eat it? No a fucking chance, they hand it to you, if you get burned, fuck you. There are 2 laws, one for big biz, and one for us - and neither work to OUR advantage.

Only bad bill I've ever seen came from a bank as well.
Took it back and they wanted me to hand it over to them so they could turn it in, or whatever.

Bah! Cashed it in at some other store... let them get it back later.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Grass Lands

Veteran
SpaceR: The bank doesn't want to see those fake bills they get passed. They are required to report and the feds DO come to investigate, as I understand it.

What they do and what they are supposed to do is two different paths they take...