What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have You Been Vaccinated?

Have You Been Vaccinated?

• Yes!

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • No!

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • Soon!

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • No Way!

Votes: 59 31.1%
  • I Just Wanna Watch!

Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thanks, getting better by the hour. (smoking a joint really helped with muscular pain) supervisor at work going into the hospital, fever still up over 100 f. moron at work that brought it in to her & others (his MIL died from it) still does not think it is real...

weed is powerful medicine, just the fact that it relieves discomfort and relaxes your mood makes you better, mind over matter. if you are all depressed craving a joint you won't heal as well as if you are happy and stoned and not worrying about being sick all day and night, it also helps with sleep and apatite as we know, so yeah, thank God we have weed during this time.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This is what a document says of the NHS in the UK.

uk.png
View attachment S1182_SPI-M-O_Summary_of_modelling_of_easing_roadmap_step_2_restrictions.pdf

'Boogieman'

Not getting a shot. Im to young to worry about Covid and besides, if everyone else gets the rushed vaccine I don't need too. I will not participate.

igrowone

Veteran
I'm seeing what others here have also reported
I know a hard core Trumper family out there in the real world
they've taken a hit with 1 of them in the hospital with covid for almost 2 weeks
was in a risk group, could have gotten the vaccine but declined
the longer it goes the worse your chances, this person will be hard pressed to ever leave a professional medical facility
family isn't talking to others, suspect they have been exposed
in short, it appears to be a disaster for them

Cuddles

my mum´s due for her second shot at the end of may. And ever she´s had her first one her and my dad have been pressuring me to go and get one. It´s really annoying.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
how are you doing AOH, everything back to normal?

finer than frog fur, lol. well, other than my usual litany of complaints, diabetes, arthritis etc, aches, pains, whimperwhine etc. my supervisor is back at work finally. she damn near died from her exposure (aged mid 40s) double pneumonia etc. has no sense of taste, smell etc. she's been drinking odd shit/eating garbage trying to find something, ANYTHING she can taste. pickle juice, eating salt, you know. she has decided to get vaccinated when her DR says it is okay after this exposure...

igrowone

Veteran
do we have a born again vaccinator? i.e. your supervisor
amazing how they get smart after a baseball bat to the head
some people just don't seem to learn any other way

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
do we have a born again vaccinator? i.e. your supervisor
amazing how they get smart after a baseball bat to the head
some people just don't seem to learn any other way

Birds of a feather...

I forget there are those who let politics determine their health. That is so very sad.
Everyone I associate with, each and every one, got vaccinated same day they were eligible. Even Uncle Gene with the brain damage knows vaccinations are his best choice.

So when I see theses "not gonna do it" post I scratch my head and remain puzzled.
This is not rocket science, just simple biology. Put a sock over the spike and stay safe. Works on pregnancies too.
This vaccine is a giant step up from oiled linen, but the idea is what works.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Where I live, if you are over 50 )which I am) you can only get the Astrazeneca vax. Under 50 and you get offered Pfizer. I am a great believer in vaxination but the Astrazeneca has me a little spooked due to the rare likelihood of developing thrombosis. I will likely still get it but we have no virus here at present, so I will wait to see how things pan out.

igrowone

Veteran
Where I live, if you are over 50 )which I am) you can only get the Astrazeneca vax. Under 50 and you get offered Pfizer. I am a great believer in vaxination but the Astrazeneca has me a little spooked due to the rare likelihood of developing thrombosis. I will likely still get it but we have no virus here at present, so I will wait to see how things pan out.

that does seem ass backwards
other places(I think) seem to offer Pfizer to the older people
less side effects, don't blame you a bit
watchful waiting seems prudent

Chi13

ICMag Donor
that does seem ass backwards
other places(I think) seem to offer Pfizer to the older people
less side effects, don't blame you a bit
watchful waiting seems prudent

It's basically because our government (Australia) bought heaps of Astrazeneca a;ong with some Pfizer from my understanding. Once there were issues with Astrazeneca, they deemed it safe enough for over 50s, as there are fewer in that age group that develop issues. Still a 48 year old died from it the other day.
If I am logical about it the chances of getting compications are about 1 in 100 000 apparently, and the dangers of Covid far higher. Still I am spooked about taking it, as are a lot of others.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The numbers of clots are actually lower in the AZ vac than with other vacs. The issue is the EU cant get hold of enough quickly enough. They are using a dual approach of scaring its own citizens into not wanting it, and spooking other countries into not buying it so they can get more of it. For women though, the odds are better with non chimpanzee viruses, for men we are better off going chimp.