What's new

Have BAD ANXIETY -Need Help With Strain Choices PLEASE LOOK

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
lvpk most of the tyme and 98bubba for a tko or if u find the right pheno of a hybrid like icecream for example if ya want sumthin with a more well rounded stone for during the day lots of strains outthere but in ur situtation i think it is more about pheno selection.

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
Some good relaxing stuff I've been enjoying:

Chemdog X Trueblueberry-----The blueberry adds some flavor and a positive vibe, while chemdog can take the edge off a mountain, and do it repeatedly. It's not a commerical cross, but something similar might be Mob Boss from GrindHouse.

Some MB's might have antiangst properties if you get a Chem dom pheno, but the Blockhead derived TangTang males which were used, is serious stuff, and not for anxiety patients. Just to let you know :dance013: Steve described Blockhead this way:

It should probably not even be on the market as it encourages psychosis. Not good for unstable folks! It has been known to magnify neurotic behavior.
Sounds a little like hype, but it's potent alright.

If haven issues and smokin this you really need to be in safe surroundings. But I could imagine Grindhouse' Ancient Afghan would do the trick, as Steele writes:
Tha head of this one is not hammer like, but brings a tranquil mind-set.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Grim Reefer said:
Is there anything that sweet tooth doesnt do in your opinion lol, no matter what th question, sweet tooth appears to be your answer, i look forward to finding a strain as suitable to me, as sweet tooth appears to be for you

It's really because people keep asking the same shit over and over and I chose my favorite plant because it has so many great qualities overall, so glad you noticed. ;)

Painfull

I best way is to eat it. Believe me it's a lot different then smoking, and last a long time. Get the purest afghani you can get with amber trics. Make some cannabutter with it. You can search the board and make plenty of food with it. A little goes a long way and is much more potent then smokiing.

:tiphat:Good luck,
Painfull

Chiskei! Its a landrace sativa from Africa. 55 days to finish. I know incredible right.. Thats nto even the best part. Its all about the buzz. Its really clear headed, not the heart pounding sativas im used to. It allows u to really sit back and look at the picture and see things much more clear, not overpowering at all.. I get those "AHA" moments everytime I smoke this stuff. Its a fav of mine. The ultimate day time smoke. Hit me up if you want the joint that carries these.

Asterix

Using a vaporizer makes a big difference too the buzz is different and much more clear without the burnout later from heavy smoke. This along with not smoking too much can really improve the anti-anxiety effects of just about any herb. Alot of people overdo it and then don't understand why they freak out and feel even more weird. In this case we seem to be talking about already having anxiety so make sure not to compound the issue with smoking too much, 2 or 3 hits is usually plenty with any strain worth it's salt. I will be the first to admit that there is a point no matter what the strain where it just makes you feel too fucking high and plain uncomfortable. Just a few points to consider, and more is not always better when it comes to mental medicine. Sweet Tooth is a miracle for anxiety.:canabis:

good point :yes:

many people just smoking to much... We can find in encyclopedia - anxiety is one of the side effects of overdosing cannabis.

Just take one puff less and wait ... i know is a easy to say it- "sometimes" i did overdosing to ;)

btw, where i can buy sweet tooth seeds? Ive smoked it few years back, i agree its a good for any head problems.

m4c

whats realy important is( i had the same anxiety problem) that you dont harvest your plants to early...make sure the trichs are cloudy...or those strong indicas will turn racy and can give you paranoia.....

Could any1 confirm this?

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Could any1 confirm this?

i can... had to take a sweet outdoor girl down early in 09' for security reasons... she was a clone and heavy when grown indoors... that early outdoor girl was straight paranoia weed... :whee:
picture.php

...thats her starting to do her thing.

the most important thing i think when anxiety is involved is to remember to breath... as simple and involuntary as it is... i used to find myself forgeting to do it when i was really thinking about something super baked... of course heavy anxiety sets in... i'm not breathing..

a friend of mine taught me to just chill out a moment and focus on breathing... a couple heavy slow breaths... 9 out of 10 times... that anxiety shit will go away...

I've always found that hash is best for my anxiety.

I've experienced intense "racing" sensations from smoking too much budder (very easy to do) though, and once when I was younger from hitting a gravity bong full of hash a couple times (that was dumb). Unlike most people it seems, I generally find that sativas only give me trouble if I smoke them at night. During the day I usually have good, happy buzzes.

Indicas can sometimes take me to a dark place though. I find that the really incapacitating ones can instill a sense of hopelessness. Also the general increase in "trippiness" I get from an indica isn't something I look for in a medical strain.

With hash you have a good, motivated high that doesn't incapacitate you. Hash is also great because it's easier to smoke with stealth, which is sometimes important for the anxiety-prone. However, since I get a similar effect from a sativa, it's possible that all you people that find sativas to racy wouldn't like the effects of hash for your anxiety.

thirdeye

pre 98 bubba.... Had my body fealin good and no signs of anxiety, really seems like all weed gives folks a little anxiety, its cuz its makin you think about your life and you may get to judge'n yourself too hard, makes you see shit from a different perspective, which is a good medicinal thing for your soul.
that explains it spot on

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Bubblegum is zero anxiety for me. Obviously avoid trippy sativas.
If your anxiety is really bad you'd better quit smoking at all. This may sounds shocking but thats the easier way to find some serious relief IMHO.

GL

=K

california orange is good for depression and negative thoughts which could cause anxiety-just my opinio,-nver tried it just read from big book of buds

Grandaddy Purple always helped me. Grandaddy HASH is super great for anxiety.
And I can second the breathing. One of the best things I did was/is meditation. Your body and mind are probably not used to relaxing. Go "there" more and it will be easier to BE "there". Empty your mind-I know that can seem really hard with all of the thoughts racing at like a million miles an hour but practice. Practice. Practice. You have to think something to feal something. Whether it be a conscious or unconscious thought. You can change the unconscious thoughts by changing the conscious thoughts. With repitition.

SkunkMasterFlx

i have pretty bad anxiety as well. some sativas make it super bad so i always tent to smoke indica meds or sativas that have indica traits and arnt racey at all. iv found a few good strains that helped me out and kept me chill. here is a lil list of some to help you out.
~Ghost OG Kush
~Larry Og Kush
~Blowfish
~Pre 98 Bubba Kush
~White Urkle

...theres 5 off the top of my head i have in my gardens i know help or are good to use if anxiety is a issue. ~SMF~

teddynugent

I definitely dont like Super Silver Haze (as some recommend that to me for anxiety - it dont work....)

-Teddy

Oh damn!! You actually tried SSH for anxiety?! :pointlaug[/QUOTE]

LOL.... Nah man I ain't that stupid. I was just doing a lot of reading and these strain review sites kept saying that Super Silver Haze worked well for Anxiety lol.
And since its such a popular strain, I just used it as an example of a strain type that I CANT smoke. Too much anxiety for me.
Same with Lavender - Its a pretty damn popular strain - so I used it as an example of a strain that DOES work well for me/helps my anxiety.

Anyway....

TO EVERYONE - THANK YOU! I can't believe all the help I got on this question. I feel like I am back on good old OverGrow....

Lots of good suggestions. Please Keep any more recommendations coming.

Thanks again everyone,

-Teddy