What's new

Have BAD ANXIETY -Need Help With Strain Choices PLEASE LOOK

M

mugenbao

Sadhu should be nice too
I've heard that before, and I hope it works for me. I just germinated some Sadhu and some Blue Satellite, hopefully between the two I'll find a good pheno or two that I can use to supplement my daily smoke.

I

icon

i was just about to suggest mandala but everyone beat me to it lol
sadhu has a fairly strong body stone to it but still heady too be careful not to over indulge it creeps & can become overwhelming.

mandala#1 is also great more head to it but not as intense imo more relaxing mood enhancing i would suggest harvest around 65-70 days 12/12 if you harvest earlier you may get an intense buzzing head high that can be a bit overwhelming but for the most part their both calming anti anxiety strains i personally have used both for anti anxiety & panick attacks.

hopleaf

i have suffered from horrid anxiety for years now...to the point where i can't even bare to drive my car. i lost jobs, friends, and plenty of possible relationships. i've tried several indica varieties that are supposed to be good for anxiety, and without a question white rhino was the best. all my anxiety would just melt away...unfortunatly so did any motivation to do anything. so the next best strain i would suggest is cheap, easy to find, and without question some of the best anti-anxiety meds i could find(including xanax). Cannacopia's bubba kush x deep chunk helped with my anxiety more than anyother strain exluding the rhino. the only difference between the bk x dc and the WR is tha BK x DC didn't leave me completely comatose. i am still able to function and live a normal life and best of all i can do it anxiety free. this strain may have saved my life because things got really dark for me before, and suicide was on my mind constantly. after discovering this cheap and oh so effective plant i have found a better quality of life. i hope i helped, and more so i really hope everything gets better for you buddy. i know how anxiety can lead to a very shitty life. just remember things may seem bleek and hopeless sometimes, but tomarrow is always worth holding on to. you never know the joy it may bring. stay strong and please please don't let the anxiety win. it's a war and you need to never back down to it no matter how hard it gets. try that rhino or that bk x dc and keep fighting brother.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that are supposed to be good for anxiety, and without a question white rhino was the best. all my anxiety would just melt away...unfortunatly so did any motivation to do anything. so the next best strain i would suggest is cheap, easy to find, and without question some of the best anti-anxiety meds i could find(including xanax). Cannacopia's bubba kush x deep chunk helped with my anxiety more than anyother strain exluding the rhino. the only difference between the bk x dc and the WR is tha BK x DC didn't leave me completely comatose.

Yea, I can't and won't do xanax anymore because of the irrefutable and ridiculous mood swings it give me/people, there is no way what it does to your brain is more beneficial. I am going to try your dc x bubba recommendation. CD is the best for me yet but it can leave you completely lacking motivation as well. My favorite so far still for when I need to calm down.

I

icon

i forgot to mention cannacopia aswell the deepchunk is very calming so anything crossed with it will be a good choice also any type of hindu kush is a good choice.

Blueberry and it's relatives I've found work failry well. I have a pretty bad anxiety disorder and get panic attacks and I'm usually dependant on the Xanax to help me through but when I've had blueberry in the past and a blueberry crossed with power plant the anxiety was noticably lessened. Stay the f&#k away from C99 when you have anxiety issues unless you're at home and/or feel safe in your surroundings. I love cindy but I have to have the right surroundings/environment or I get anxious. Hope you find something that suits your needs.

Harinama

you need a plant a bit lower in thc and more cbd. Indicas are good for this, but i can't stand the lethargic couchlock. Sounds like you need a indica-leaning hybrid taken to maturity.

Biggest reason for anxiety, imho, is that many growers pull their plants too early before the cannibinoids are fully balanced. Of course there are some crazy sats out there, but that is what i find generally.

I like ak47 for my anxiety.

bodymind

Veteran
i recommend plants on the indica side of the blue family... you don't need something to knock out your brain function to help with anxiety either. a clear head with a positive outlook and an anti-inflammatory body response is about as much as you could ask for to battle anxiety :)

Could suggest something that makes you smile and happy, uplifting, but not too devasting and not too racy. Skunk #1. Good all arounder, that also does not keep you wake. If too indy, you sunk into your thoughts with no energy to do anything, that could provoke anxiety more.

wayfarer

Some good relaxing stuff I've been enjoying:

Chemdog X Trueblueberry-----The blueberry adds some flavor and a positive vibe, while chemdog can take the edge off a mountain, and do it repeatedly. It's not a commerical cross, but something similar might be Mob Boss from GrindHouse.

Aroma~~CH9-----I was really surprised by this strain. Deep body stone, but with a floaty head and one of the most unique smells/flavor profiles I've tried: a kind of kaleidoscopic floral fruity menthol musk, coating the mouth and invading the nasal passages. Very Pleasing. Surprisingly potent.

Bubblegummer~~I'm enjoying one now that smells and tastes like Fruit Punch Kool-Aid mix, with that artificial, almost astringent sweetness. This one gets the giddy going in the brain. Upbeat, bubbly, physically relaxing, pastered smile weed.

Another Blueberry cross I liked a lot was Fastblast by Afropips. (Iranian Indica X Blueberry) relaxing, level, functional stone.

SSCDH--almost forgot---I almost forgot I had a body when I was high on it. One of the only times I can remember reaching over to take a hit and saying, I'd better not. Wickedly, wickedly potent.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
pre 98 bubba.... Had my body fealin good and no signs of anxiety, really seems like all weed gives folks a little anxiety, its cuz its makin you think about your life and you may get to judge'n yourself too hard, makes you see shit from a different perspective, which is a good medicinal thing for your soul.

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
Hard to recommend DP but strawberry cough has some phenos with definate anti anxiety properties. It also has quite a happy up buzz.

The best i have personally come across for this is Hashberry, also from mandala ...... now here's where my point of view may differ from others. I've tried her seeded and unseeded, and found the seeded bud to be much much MUCH more enjoyable. Same clone, same space, same lights, nutes, medium etc. I wouldnt recommend this for every strain, but that seeded hashberry was some of the happiest buzz weed i have ever smoked. Dont get me wrong, there are much more potent strains out there, but any1 who smoked this commented on just how happy the buzz was.

The same plant unseeded was a major disappointment in comparison, so take from this mini rant what you will :)

as a side note, i have found Strawberry Cough from DP to be absolutely shite on all levels right across the board, never will i ever pop a bean of that again

EDIT: Also LSD from barneys is a nice powerful stone and doesnt cause too much paranoia unless u really over indulge, cheese aint bad, medicine man, greenhouses trainwreck, crimea blue (but its shite so dont go near imo), there are others, but ur gonna have to do a pheno hunt anyways from my experience. Best of luck mate, i'll also be keeping an eye on this thread for idea's :)

puffin fresh

ICMag Donor
as a side note, i have found Strawberry Cough from DP to be absolutely shite on all levels right across the board, never will i ever pop a bean of that again

Cool, I have heard this from a lot of people, and most phenos I saw were crap but this doesn't change the fact that my mates cough smokes like an elite and has the properties I speak about. I am getting a cut back soon I miss it so much. Thanks for the comment though. :)

phan

For me a good solid indica like LA Confidential always did it, or purple grape ape, afgooey, blackberry etc. I would rate the strawberry cough as ok, nothing spectacular for me, positive not racey but not too stoney.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using a vaporizer makes a big difference too the buzz is different and much more clear without the burnout later from heavy smoke. This along with not smoking too much can really improve the anti-anxiety effects of just about any herb. Alot of people overdo it and then don't understand why they freak out and feel even more weird. In this case we seem to be talking about already having anxiety so make sure not to compound the issue with smoking too much, 2 or 3 hits is usually plenty with any strain worth it's salt. I will be the first to admit that there is a point no matter what the strain where it just makes you feel too fucking high and plain uncomfortable. Just a few points to consider, and more is not always better when it comes to mental medicine. Sweet Tooth is a miracle for anxiety.:canabis:

OldPork

When I wanna chase away the dirty blues, I go for the SNOW....Hawaiian Snow that is. Will give you happy monkey-face

Cool, I have heard this from a lot of people, and most phenos I saw were crap but this doesn't change the fact that my mates cough smokes like an elite and has the properties I speak about. I am getting a cut back soon I miss it so much. Thanks for the comment though. :)

Delighted to hear u got a favourable pheno m8 :tiphat:. I didnt mean my comment above as a "this is fact" sort of post, just my own dealings with the strain. Great to hear those pheno's are out there :dance013:

Sweet Tooth is a miracle for anxiety.:canabis:
Is there anything that sweet tooth doesnt do in your opinion lol, no matter what th question, sweet tooth appears to be your answer, i look forward to finding a strain as suitable to me, as sweet tooth appears to be for you