What's new

Hash from fresh undried trim , can it be done ?

I have made alot of hash from dried trim over the years . I never had access to fresh trim. I would like to know if ice hash can be made using fresh undried trim that has been frozen ? if it can will it work as well as dried and how does it come out . it is worth doing it this way .. Sorry if this question has been posted before , I did do a search but could not find my answer.

Thanks

Faint

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I"m just the opposite ... i've never used dried trim ... its always been frozen :)

imo the hash yield is less when using fresh trim and the result comes out darker
I have heard that yield are less but the hash is way more melty. I am wondering being it is more melty and the yields are less ,could the yields be less becaus eit might be more pure and less plant material since dry trim is not being used and thats why yields is less..FWIW just a thought

FAINT

I have heard that yield are less but the hash is way more melty. I am wondering being it is more melty and the yields are less ,could the yields be less becaus eit might be more pure and less plant material since dry trim is not being used and thats why yields is less..FWIW just a thought

FAINT
thats exactly right

if i use dry, i rehydrate by soaking for 12 hours prior to the extraction. by all means use fresh! and if you must use dry....do rehydrate to improve quality.

thats exactly right
On a differnt note That would explain why when dry ice hash yields are larger , there must be extra plant material in product. using dry ice just makes the plant material crumble more( flash negative degree freezing) thus letting more plant material in. I never got the dry ice method maybe im wrong but i hear of people getting 1 oz of hash from 3-4 oz of plant material . Just seems impossible that you can get 1oz of tricomes from 3-4 oz of trim and that dry ice method is better than water ice method ...

I wil try the the fresh way next time .. I know i wil be happy with quality, teh dry way works just fine ,but i want a more refined end result without having to use solvents.. BHO is not the way i want to go to get more pure product

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
imo the hash yield is less when using fresh trim and the result comes out darker

Fresh frozen trim. 15 minute mix max with large wooden spoon for 5 gallon or a boat oar for 20 gallon, makes the best water hash for sure

On a differnt note That would explain why when dry ice hash yields are larger , there must be extra plant material in product. using dry ice just makes the plant material crumble more( flash negative degree freezing) thus letting more plant material in. I never got the dry ice method maybe im wrong but i hear of people getting 1 oz of hash from 3-4 oz of plant material . Just seems impossible that you can get 1oz of tricomes from 3-4 oz of trim and that dry ice method is better than water ice method ...

I wil try the the fresh way next time .. I know i wil be happy with quality, teh dry way works just fine ,but i want a more refined end result without having to use solvents.. BHO is not the way i want to go to get more pure product
that is also true. I personally have never made dry ice hash, i would like to give it a shot next harvest for sure though. I have seen a lot of people that do different grades of the dry ice hash. They either use different micron bags, or just pay attention to color. As soon as whats coming out starts to look more green then gold, switch to another spot and shake there. That way you have a nice, melty batch for personals, and a second grade batch for donations, parties, medibles, whatever you see fit!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ yes, if you mix it only 7 minutes and make your own ice from distilled water, dont use store bought ice. Also pre freeze trim.

Newd

I agree completely, but I also think this could work to your advantage if you have a strain that is frosty as hell.

Newd

Fresh frozen trim. 15 minute mix max with large wooden spoon for 5 gallon or a boat oar for 20 gallon, makes the best water hash for sure

i agree wooden spoon is the best, but modern woman uses a dough hook ar minimally a paddle, which like a wooden spoon does not break the material, thus minimizing unwanted green contamination.

if you really want to kick it up a notch, use snow instead of ice! talk about nice hash!!!

i agree wooden spoon is the best, but modern woman uses a dough hook ar minimally a paddle, which like a wooden spoon does not break the material, thus minimizing unwanted green contamination.

if you really want to kick it up a notch, use snow instead of ice! talk about nice hash!!!

Snow whats that ? we have not seen much snow here this year. the last fw year we seen many inches but this year we got just about Nil... maybe 5 inches all winter,well over a month ago... i wil be forced to use ice...now if i only had a snow cone machine !

now im guessing the hash made from fresh frozen trim will be way more sticky . I always use a pressing screen for taking water out from hash and i always dry hash on cardboard. can i stil do these techniques or do i can to change because i might be working with a more sticky hash because it will be fresh hash ...if i do have to change please advise on the best way to handle fresh hash made from fresh frozen plant trim...

Faint

jd4083

Veteran
Most people will tell you that the best hash comes from fresh frozen trim. Make sure you freeze the shit out of it and use plenty of ice.

Latest posts

Latest posts