What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Hash Addict's Grow Cab] [CFL]

Hello everyone! This is my first run in this cab, only my 2nd real run at growing, any advice is always welcome and Ill try to give as much info as possible... For now here are a few pictures catching everyone up...

Starting to build the cab...

box.jpg

The CFL board

FrontWired.jpg

The exhaust
fan.jpg

The back of the box
back.jpg

Started out with 2 chronic seeds (oldest plants put in dirt on 7-11 and 7-16), then added 7 mid-grade seeds (planted 7-25), that number dropd from 7 to 4, so there are 2 chronic seed plants, 4 mid grade seed plants, and just recently I got 2 Afghan clones from a buddy... pics!

Was a little anxious to TOP to keep them short, took off a big leaf!

shes.jpg

A young shot of the cab in action, the other peat puck never took off...
done.jpg

Then came the 7 mid seeds
g1-1.jpg

lil1s.jpg

both1.jpg

The oldest plant had some problems in the start, better now

help.jpg

Few days later

group1.jpg

realbr1.jpg

bl1.jpg

bm1.jpg

bckr2.jpg

bckl1.jpg

Ok now that I have the pics up, here's the stats...

The Cab: Inside the cab theres about 17x17" on the floor, with about 30" height, 4 passive intake holes with pvc T's for light leaks, covered in panty hose. Not sure on the power of the exhaust fan, its a 4in computer fan but it has another fan on top of the light board pushing air towards it so it makes it a lot stronger. Thinking about just getting another 4in fan and having a dual exhaust system. The carbon scrubber will be home made and sit on top of the box where the exhaust is...

Lights: CFL's all the way, room for 12 on the board, only running 7 now in veg (4-5600k and 3-2300k) 6 holes in the board for heat issues, and theres about an inch gap between the board and the cab walls also for heat and vent... Would it be better to get 6 more 2300k for flower or should I got 6 and 6? (6-2300 and 6-5600) ??

Grow Medium: Just using Peat and Perlite (60-40 ratio) Now that im this deep in the grow, I wish I wouldve added some kind of meal or lime or something in with it, and also some large stones at the bottom of each pot, live and learn.

Nutes: Usaing Botanicare line, no Cal-Mag yet, figured id get that in flower... using Pure Blend Pro right now with Liquid Karma... plan on getting "Sweet" or something like it for flowering also. I also picked up some Superthrive which Ive been using when giving Nutes or just water.

I have either TOP'd or FIM'd all of these, all are getting LST right now (except the clones which just rooted a few days ago) And I think that will do it for now! Questions? Comments? Thanks

looking good, how old was the youngest from seed when you topped or fimmed? I have a two OG Kush and one blue hash, here are some pics...was wondering if I could top and clone these now, they are my first good genetics so I was affraid I would kill them if I did it to soon, thanks for any help... oh and what are the temps in there and what size pots?(first pic is oh the other is blue hash)

Attachments

• OG1.jpg
    OG1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 11
  • OG2.jpg
    OG2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 11
  • BH1.jpg
    BH1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • BH2.jpg
    BH2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
looking good, how old was the youngest from seed when you topped or fimmed? I have a two OG Kush and one blue hash, here are some pics...was wondering if I could top and clone these now, they are my first good genetics so I was affraid I would kill them if I did it to soon, thanks for any help... oh and what are the temps in there and what size pots?(first pic is oh the other is blue hash)

I think I cut the first one when it had its 3rd node... all other ones were on their 5th. Im kinda new to cloning, but you could def. top or try to FIM those now. My current temps are 82-85F for a high and 70F as a low, RH goes from 40%-65% - and the black pots are 1 gallon, the others are just under that... Good luck with your grow and thanks for stopping by :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think peat and perlite is a solid base, and the PBP line is gold from what i hear. Good job...

Lots of shit to get done today, no time for a full update, maybe thursday

Heres a group pic for now, everythings coming along nicely

group8.jpg

Just finished up my SCRoG and put it in the cab! Untied all the LST hooks and letting it do its own thing for a few days! Pics to update asap

UPDATES!

Group shot in the box w/o Scrog screen... still need to get a big tray or base for all of the plants so there will be room when the clones get transplanted... Should be done today or this weekend sometime....

groupy-1.jpg

And instead of taking random pictures of all the plants, I figured Id snap some of the tops this time around...

Chronic Seed 1
KB1top.jpg

Chronic Seed 2
KB2top.jpg

Mid Seed 1
Mtop1.jpg

Mid Seed 2
M2top.jpg

Mid Seed 3
Mtop3.jpg

Mid Seed 4
M4top.jpg

Group Top
groupytop.jpg

And Here is a little sneak peak at the Scrog!

ScrogN.jpg

SCrogside.jpg

ScrogTop.jpg

Asil

Just a reply about your exshuast. If you have a 4" exhuast you need to have 25sqinches of intake. Your 4 1 1/2" holes only equal 14.13square inches. Once you increase your intake your air flow and temps should get inline.

Also I would watch that sativa pheno. It my strech and take over that whole screen.

Thanks for stopping by Asil! Will work on the intake/exhaust today!

Also, I hear ya about the sativa pheno, If it ends up being female, Ill more than likely use it as a mom to give the other plants more space

Heres a little update for everyone! (still fucking with the air exchange)

First pic... was taken this morning, the left 3 looked sad but after some water and a few hours, they sprung back up nicely so I decided to do some more LST (not pictured)

fwgg5.jpg

But onto the main part of this update...

So... Ive been thinking about taking clones for a while now... just to practice ya know? See if I can get some to root or not, if they do then ill put them into veg and if they dont, I know to not do what I did again.. Heres what I did...

-Put some peat pucks into water w/ superthrive
-Found spot on plants with 4 nodes
-Cut branch at angle and put them straight into pH'd water w/ superthrive
-Removed lower leaves, and shaved bottom 1/2 inch of the stem with razor blade
-Dipped in Dutch Master Replicator gel
-Planted in peat pucks.

Then I am using 2 small containers as a dome, which I sprayed the inside with water, and the whole thing is sitting on top of my light board in the grow cab (the dome/clones are SUPER light, no problems with that, theyre there for heat)

Ended up taking 1 clone from 4 plants, so 4 clones! We will see what my success rate is...

Let me know what you guys think!

DSCF1680.jpg

DSCF1681.jpg

C

cork144

that fan isnt exhausting i dont beleave, that is acting as a inlet.

sneakinman13

Veteran
clones look good.
i use rockwool so cant compare to the peetpellots you use.
but you look like your following ic mag properlly..
aslong as ive had ic mag ive never had a problem with my grow...
good luck!