What's new

Has anyone used this fan Valueline 6 Inch Centrifugal Inline Fan?

gtbuds2332

Yes, these fans work with the Speedster. This Chinese fan is sold by a few gardening companies, I believe EcoPlus sells one. It's pretty shitty compared to a Vortex, louder, uses more power at less airflow.

you say its louder than the vortex...have you heard both? if you have any more info/details on the sound comparison i would like to hear it because im trying to decide which 4 in fan to get

I bought one when it was 435 CFM.. it works great. However, I noticed the new CFM ratings have been lowered a lot. I contacted plant lighting and they said CAP, the maker of valueline fans lowered their CFM ratings. I proceeded to contact CAP manufacture and they haven't lowered their CFM ratings. If you look on the CAP website, the CFM's are much higher than the ones listed on plant lightning.

I like plant lighhting but perhaps they are trying to get people to buy their 12 inch fans instead. It's still a great deal for the 12 inch.. 1000 CFM for $170

here's the CAP website showing their CFM ratings: http://www.randmsupply.com/productdisp.php?pid=549&navid=33

Doesn't it seem fishy? Regardless, the fans work great.
good find on that info whodi....ive been lookin at theses fans for a minute now..nice to see there real CFM output!!!:joint:

RewTheJew

i had the 8" and it ran for 9 months straight, no problems. Had great airflow, but was a bit on the loud side. Tho i have a vortex now, and that sucker is no where near silent. I would recommend it. Good price, good product.

del...

I was thinking of picking up this fan value line 6inch 435 CFM here is a link to it http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/valueline-inch-centrifugal-inline-fan-p-2260.html
I was wondering if anyone has owned one? Is it a cheap piece of junk are is it a hella good deal?

i bought two 6" "ecoplus" inline fans and found one is more than enough to keep my room cool when set up between two 1kw inside of cool-tube glass hoods (sucks heat on one side and blows out of the other)...iow i have a spare 2nd one (nib) sitting in my storage closet.

1.1A
340 CFM

i vent into the attic and if a carbon filter is needed it's an easy add-on onto the end of the 6" duct-work...luckily filters aren't needed here.

Tony Danza

Yes, these fans work with the Speedster. This Chinese fan is sold by a few gardening companies, I believe EcoPlus sells one. It's pretty shitty compared to a Vortex, louder, uses more power at less airflow.

This is not the eco-plus, it's supposed to be quieter than the eco and the eco was not speed controllable, and it's much cheaper than the eco.

del...

i can't imagine any fans being quieter than this one...i have those little daytons that make twice the noise of these at less than half the cfm's!

they're cheap, extremely quiet and virtually no vibration. but don't believe me, ask joesey about em...he turned me onto them!

btw, the two dayton's are available...

Sorry if i'm digging up an old thread, but i figured since this was the only thread on this product that i would post here.

But, anyways i just ordered one of the Valueline 6 Inch Inline Fans online, and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. After reading the reviews on the fan in this thread, i decided to buy one. The price is a steal, with shipping it was about $92 which i think was even a few dollars cheaper than my Dayton 265CFM Blower was. The dayton just wasn't quite strong enough to keep my light completely cool. I could still touch the glass with my hand without it burning, but with this fan i should be able to keep my light/hood completely cool.

I was originally set on the vortex, but for $80 i couldn't pass this up. The cheapest i have found the vortex for was about $150, and money is tight for me these days so anything i can save will help me out in the long run.

So there is virtually no difference between these and the Vortexes from what most of you are saying?

One other question: I am going to be using a carbon scrubber as well. The air will be sucked through the open flange on the hood, through the light, sucked through the scrubber and exhausted out a window. I have personally never used a scrubber before since i haven't need one, but this time i want to be on the safe side. Will the 435CFM Valueline 6" Inline and this scrubber: http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52570 work fine with my 1000W HPS and keep it completely cool? I'm assuming it will since it says you can use their 6" inline fan with it and it has a similar CFM rating as the Valueline 6".

Y

YoungBud

I have a 6".. Works great.. For the last 2 years..
And i use a speed controller..

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
it's made by CAP same as the Ebb&Grow. same company makes light/CO2 contollers.
plantlightinghydroponics is part of alladin lighting a long time lighting vendor

I

icon

I got my 6" last week its built strong & runs strong im very happy with it so far also bought a speed controller its working great.
picture.php

picture.php

whodi

Veteran
fans work fine.. but the damn speed controller makes an annoying humming sound on the 6 inch

stonedar- Yea, i got mine from Aladdin Lights. They had the cheapest price i could find, and shipping was only $12.80 which wasn't too bad considering the shipping weight is 16 Pounds according to UPS.

CAP products seem to be high quality, but very affordable. The 5 year warranty is nice as well, considering most inlines come with a short warranty or none at all.

I'm sure Vortexes are nice, but as long as the Valueline is close in performance then i'll be happy.

I just want to make sure the way i will be setting up my ventilation will work fine, so i figured some of you could give me input on this. Basically i'm going to have the air sucked through the open flange on my 6" ac hood, over the light, through a few feet of tubing, then through the scrubber and finally exhausted out the window by the fan. I did a quick MS paint job to give a better idea of what i mean:

VentilationDiagram.jpg

I received the fan a few days ago, it seems to be high quality and even just holding the fan and turning it on it has no vibration and is alot quieter compared to the Dayton 265CFM blower i used to use.

But anyways, i have one minor problem and i'm sure one of you could help me. The Fan has 4 holes in it, 2 on each side which are obviously there for mounting the bracket to the fan with screws. However, the 4 screws that came with the bracket don't fit the holes. Infact the holes don't even look like they are threaded so i am kind of confused. The 4 screws are pointed, so i'm assuming they are wood screws used to mount the fan to a stud in the wall or whatever. Well, then where are the screws to attach the brackets to the fan lol?

Bunz

Thanks for the link. Gonna buy a couple 8" for the price of 4"...........

Run them on a speed controller!!!

Bunz :D

G

good drown

stonedar- Yea, i got mine from Aladdin Lights. They had the cheapest price i could find, and shipping was only $12.80 which wasn't too bad considering the shipping weight is 16 Pounds according to UPS.

CAP products seem to be high quality, but very affordable. The 5 year warranty is nice as well, considering most inlines come with a short warranty or none at all.

I'm sure Vortexes are nice, but as long as the Valueline is close in performance then i'll be happy.

I just want to make sure the way i will be setting up my ventilation will work fine, so i figured some of you could give me input on this. Basically i'm going to have the air sucked through the open flange on my 6" ac hood, over the light, through a few feet of tubing, then through the scrubber and finally exhausted out the window by the fan. I did a quick MS paint job to give a better idea of what i mean:

VentilationDiagram.jpg

i am not sure that will work. you would have to find a crazy filter. the best way is to put the carbon filter in the room with the air cool reflector. that way the air pulls through the filter, through reflector, then out to fan. i have a 6" vortex cooling 2 600w lights, but i put my carbon filter after the fan, so the air from the fan pushes through the filter. it does make my fan quiet and it runs full speed when lights are on. I also used bungie cords to hang the fan so no vibration

Longhair

I received the fan a few days ago, it seems to be high quality and even just holding the fan and turning it on it has no vibration and is alot quieter compared to the Dayton 265CFM blower i used to use.

But anyways, i have one minor problem and i'm sure one of you could help me. The Fan has 4 holes in it, 2 on each side which are obviously there for mounting the bracket to the fan with screws. However, the 4 screws that came with the bracket don't fit the holes. Infact the holes don't even look like they are threaded so i am kind of confused. The 4 screws are pointed, so i'm assuming they are wood screws used to mount the fan to a stud in the wall or whatever. Well, then where are the screws to attach the brackets to the fan lol?

Hello,
Allot Of Sheet Metal Screws Are Self Threading & Some Look Like Wood Screws. Where Do The Threads Start? Right At The Head (More For Metal) Or About 1/4+- From The Head (More For Wood)? Also Hold The Screw Horizontal & See If It's More Straight (Metal & Wood) Rather Then A Fatter Middle (Metal Usually Self Threading).
Don't Quote Me On This!

:thanks:
Longhair

Bunz

Hello,
Allot Of Sheet Metal Screws Are Self Threading & Some Look Like Wood Screws. Where Do The Threads Start? Right At The Head (Metal & Wood) Or About 1/4+- From The Head (More For Wood)? Don't Quote Me On This!

:thanks:
Longhair

Just get some self tapping sheet metal screws. They will have a cutting edge on the end which allows them to punch thru the sheet metal.

Thanks, i did find out that these ARE the right screws by looking at the box. The box shows the two exact same screws sticking out where the mounting holes are. And yea, the holes don't seem to be threaded so when i go to put them in they tighten up after a half a turn or so. I'm assuming i'm supposed to use the screws themselves to make the threads in the metal like you were explaining?

Thanks

Well, i just tried using the screws to tap the holes and it worked fine. They were a little hard to get in, but a Ratcheted screw driver did the trick. Thanks for the help.