What's new

has anyone ever been busted for a sudden electricity increase?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Theres a reason they call a PC power supply variable, because the wattage it uses 'varies' between loads. If you havent doubled the amount of peripherals inside the computer and arent burning a CD and a DVD at the same time its unlikely your using all the power supplies rated watts.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo mac, where'd you get the #30 for in the formula? oh btw, i was JUST wondering how much it was gonna cost, not too worried about getting caught for power consumption. it's good to know a ballpark of how much it will cost to run my equipment.

G

i think im going to put the equation in my sig...watts x how many hours using watts x how many cents per kilowatt hour you pay...divide by 1000 = how much you pay for the hours in the equation...peace the reason you divide by 1000 is because 1000 = one kwh

lc00p4 said:
yo mac, where'd you get the #30 for in the formula? oh btw, i was JUST wondering how much it was gonna cost, not too worried about getting caught for power consumption. it's good to know a ballpark of how much it will cost to run my equipment.

Last edited:

macster

Sorry IC00P4
Didn't mean to imply you were but others have taken this thread in that direction and as far as I'm concerned it's a none issue

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
it's all good macster! i live in a house with roommates, so i need to know how much i need to fork over for the "extra" costs...

house

Does anyone know if power companies have lower rates on off peak hours? I've heard from 10pm -10am is several times cheaper.

G

how would they do such a thing without digital meters...they only read the meeter one time a month

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
house ~ i've heard the same thing about lower rates during off peak hours, but brainthor is right, only check the meters once...