What's new

harvesting and drying mass amounts

pothead6

i have a field that i know of that has wild mj in it way to many plants to count and no chance of getting all the males so all of it has went to seed but i plan to harvest anyway can anyone give me any recomendations of how to do this a better way ive already went there with a friend and bagged 2 garbage bags full/trimmed and hung it in an abanded barn and thats not even 1\10th of the supply so im asking is there a better way to do this if not how long do i hang dry for and how do i go about curing in a practicle way

thanks

ddrew

Veteran
Give me the address where it's located and your phone #
I'll swing by and take care of it for you, give ya a call when it's ready.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better than, "went there with a friend and bagged 2 garbage bags full/trimmed and hung it in an abanded barn"? No way. That's the best method I've ever heard, just do it to the tenth power and you'll get the crop in.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
well speaking of being a dink.....was there a sign saying" this feild is wild marijuana, please help yourself...."? i doubt it. you know what that makes you? crop stealer crop stealer crop stealer. the ganja gods of karma have just put you on notice.........

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
If it is someone elses and they come back to harvest, some of the work will already be done for them, assuming they check out the abandoned barn.

HeD333

probably not a good idea to dry your stolen crop in somebody elses property.

Wrong. If I were going to steal something (which I wouldn't), This is exactly how I would do it. with lots of recon. That way if something goes down, you're relatively clean of everything.

MMAJAY

Sounds like hemp to me. There are a couple wild hemp patches in my area that i know of and it gets you as high as smokeing straw, and tastes similar. That would be a mo fo gettin busted with a garbage bag of hemp. If it aint hemp and good weed than you might catch a bullet.

BongRipkenJR.

Almost all wild MJ is rope not dope. The fact that there are a lot of males means that it is garbage hemp, especially if you are in the midwest or even california. Now if it is something special you are fucked and will probably be shot towards harvest. You still have a month or two to go before they are ready.

MMAJAY, nice to see another fighter on these boards. Marijuana is a godsend for us fighters. Nothing like getting out of training, smoking some bong loads, and then loading up on fruits and veggies.

jackel

ur harvesting hemp lol. if u smoke that shit ur gonna kill ur lungs. its garbage, thats y its "wild" waste of time.

MrMcBean

Definately need to try some of this weed before you start working your butt off the harvest it.. simply dry it in a microwave or cook some butter from the fresh stuff.

When you realize its only straw you can bag it and sell it to school children.. seeds included :) (you can tell them they are a bonus)

But in the end its either wild and worthless or someones and your stealing it and hanging it in the place where it is probly most likely to be found by the landowner..

Oh and.. a few pictures would probably clear all this up very fast..

on a side note.. if its wild hemp, maybe you could polinate some next year with a potent outdoor strain.. who knows what youll be smoking the next fall

pothead6

the shits loaded with crystals it deff is not hemp and theres no way its just any one persons crop theres way to much ive already had a friend try it and say its good im just waiting to test on a few other people