What's new

hanuman's AK47 monoculture 2008

K

kallenavndk

Nice hanuman again you give great inspiration love the tent bro thnks for the idea :)

hanuman

Thanks Kalle, coming from an outdoor master grower like you, the positive comments are always appreciated!

Well this is just to say that I went to check the plants after one first night under plastic and although all the vegetation around is drenched, the AKs are DRY!!! So I might eventually pull out a harvest with minimal damage in another month or so

:woohoo:

h :ying:

blackone

Veteran
An inspirational grow you have there;) Looks like you're gonna yield a great deal from that bed.

K

kallenavndk

hanuman said:
Hi friends

I am located @44.5° North, in a beautiful area of Europe. No guerilla for me, my spot is set in a rather discreet corner of my garden... ok, big garden let's say. OK, a field really. :wink: Anyway, I'm located on a hillside, south facing, with an fantastic landscape of rolling hills for miles and miles visible almost 360 degrees around (minus a small quarter perhaps). Not that the plants really care, :confused: but it's a great place for ganja gardening all the same.

M8 Plants do care :)

zielonylasss

guerilla grower
Veteran
Hey Hanuman :wave:
It was great idea with your little greenhouse bro! You will not loss any trichome because of hard outumn rains and storms. Your AKs are looking realy very heavy yielders. I hope for you for great harvest of stonehard nice smelling mega colas :D
Cheers

mme_oscar

Yet another ass licking :)...

Yet another ass licking :)...

...well deserved!!!
I didn't notice it at first but they are budding fine!
Regarding bamboos what a crafty idea!
Did you take them whereever they grew? Where they "green" or mostly dry? Well I guess they were green in order to bend them, weren't they?
Last one: how deep did you burried (what seems to be simple) PVC tubbing? They must facing quite important forces...

First under the smokey tent+++

hanuman

Thanks for your comments guys (guys, guys... ok, but can someone tell me where the girls are ?) :smile:

zielonylasss: actually, I am not too concerned with losing trichomes, as I've always had plants outside with no detrimental effect on the smoke. What worries me (well, used to) most of all is the dreaded botrytis, aka Bud Rot.

mme oscar: thanks. The bamboos are actually growing just outside my front door. Yeah sure they were green. Actually they were in the ground until I cut them to build the tunnel. And yes, when bamboo dries, it loses its elastic properties. Actually I'm hoping that the tunnel will keep its shape if I want to just lift it out of its PVC "feet".

The tubes were cut with a bias (?) ... a wedge shape on one end and a flat side on the other end, I then hammered them in the ground say 30-35 cm. As for the important forces, we haven't had any wind lately so I don't know what's going to happen, but the plastic tarp has been weighted down with heavy blocs of wood, cut off from old oak beams. Should do the trick. Fortunately, my area isn't usually very windy.

As for the smokey tent we were talking about in another thread... well I've found it haven't I ? I'm sure the plastic would react nicely to a huge bonfire inside. Oh well, at least we'd die in horrible pain, but happy. :bashhead:
:laughing:
(explanation : we were talking about smoking "scythian style", i.e thow big bunches of weed over an open fire under a closed-up tent and inhaaaale)

Cheers

Last edited:
hanuman said:
As for the smokey tent we were talking about in another thread... well I've found it haven't I ? I'm sure the plastic would react nicely to a huge bonfire inside. Oh well, at least we'd die in horrible pain, but happy. :bashhead:
:laughing:

just wait for me , im comming , and ill bring the hot stones with me :laughing:

hanuman

High... again :laughing:

Ok for the hot stones, groovy, I'll bring the ganja... and the tent :muahaha:

Well... the tunnel is an absolute success!! :jump: I recommend this sort of setup to any outdoor grower that has problem with rain/mold/humidity/budrot (where stealth allows if of course). As strange as it seems, I was actually glad to see that it rained yesterday and during the night to check the effectiveness of it all. This morning, at 7.30 am, everything was dry and healthy under the plastic tarp. This is totally exciting! Now I just have to find a system that'll allow me to take off and put back the tarp easily for the sunny days... I'm thinking of maybe finding a way to fasten another bamboo length to the long part of the tarp and rolling it up and down. Also, it would protect it more against the wind too.

Here's a few more pics of the tunnel, with the plastic on.

Grow on... It's going to be a joy to be able to harvest fully finished an ready plants this year, instead of doing an emergency early harvest as I've done many a time :joint:

Peace out

Last edited:

hanuman

high

A little update. I guess I should post this in the green houses forum now, but well, I started here so I might as well stay here.

Not much to say other than that.

Things are going well, buds are starting to swell :jump: (huh that's almost poetry... :bashhead: )

I guess I have another month or so. I was told by different growers of the area that stealing in private gardens is becoming a national sports over here... Fortunately I don't have the profile and not many people know I grow. Keeping my fingers crossed now.

Another worry is mold, or should I say bud rot. In spite of the poly tunnel, I have found botrytis in two different places now. Got rid of the buds, but I hope the weather turns dry (which it is supposed to these next days).

Anyway, here's the pics:

That's all for today. I'll post another update in two weeks or so :smile:

cheers

hanuman

Thanks guys, it's always a pleasure to get positive comments :cool:

Here's todays update. I stalked (?) a few branches up this morning. Still a few weeks to go. The buds are swelling and gettin nicely cristallized :jump:

Heres' the pics:

:rasta:

peace

hanuman

Hey ingalls :wave: long time no see!!

I also did some of the guerilla gold that you know :smile:
I cut them today today, but between planting them too late and various problems, I only got two to finish and I should get... somewhere between 2 and 3 grams dry out of them. I'll do better next year :smile: