What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hammers perpetual Grow journal.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're looking is good right! Makes me smile!

Thanks, Buddy...

The recent oddball.. Has some funky leaves and 1 side has 3 nodes.
DSCN1708.JPG
DSCN1709.JPG
DSCN1710.JPG

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Glad to hear the timer issues didn't bite you. I left four out all day- during a "night" period once, but gave them the next 24 hours of dark. No repercussions, they were around week 4. I'd like to think that they produced more flowering hormones during the prolonged dark period, to offset my blunder. Probably just luck, lol! Nice THH too, man!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear the timer issues didn't bite you. I left four out all day- during a "night" period once, but gave them the next 24 hours of dark. No repercussions, they were around week 4. I'd like to think that they produced more flowering hormones during the prolonged dark period, to offset my blunder. Probably just luck, lol! Nice THH too, man!

I had some problems but no plants died. Lots of leaf burns. Some tops had to be pruned off. If I hadn't fought it I'm sure I would have lost some plants.

Vinaigrette#8. My last keeper.
DSCN1754.JPG

HK X THH seeds cooking.
DSCN1747.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you never let folks down hammerhead
your plants are superb :tiphat:

I def struggle keeping PH probes reading accurately. Even though they still calibrate fine, they don't read properly. I've been dealing with this for years. By the time I catch it some plants suffer getting the wrong PH feed. As soon as a new probe is in everything calibrates and reads fine. Then I need to fix plants that had low PH feed. Here is 1 I'm struggling with now. This is White Truffle x (A5haze bx x Mac). She looks mad at me lol. Her runoff has a low 6.0 ph. I'm sure that's why she isn't happy. I feed all my soil plants Ph 6.5. I gave her 2 gallons of RO pH7 with a top off liter of epsom @800ppm @ph6.7. Now I wait. I do have cuts rooted so those should do better.

THIS PLANT SMELLS SO GOOD IN VEG. She started off with 3 node meristems. I topped them all, let those grow out so none have 3 nodes lefts. She still carries an odd leaf growth trait. I'm still letting her veg hoping she will green up a bit. I'm not sure how much the haze genetics influences the color

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1762.JPG Views:	0 Size:	211.5 KB ID:	17999472

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What they look like with the right PH. Lots of wide leaf phenos from this cross. The 2 outer meristems got the last toppings.. No sex on this 1 yet.
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1763.JPG Views:	0 Size:	253.5 KB ID:	17999693
Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1763.JPG Views:	0 Size:	253.5 KB ID:	17999693

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I do not understand how you get bad readings after a successful calibration. The point of the calibration is to adjust the readings of the probe to match the solution as the probe ages and weakens. Once the limit of adjustment has been reached and can no longer be calibrated to the solution it’s time for a new probe.
I still recommend the reasonably priced Extech probe, a solid instrument.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do not understand how you get bad readings after a successful calibration. The point of the calibration is to adjust the readings of the probe to match the solution as the probe ages and weakens. Once the limit of adjustment has been reached and can no longer be calibrated to the solution it’s time for a new probe.
I still recommend the reasonably priced Extech probe, a solid instrument.

I would think so as well. My plants always have issues with old PH probes. As soon as a new prob is in there is a 1.0 difference between the old prob and the new prob. Both cal before testing ant differences.. My plants recover every time a new prob is installed. It's been an issue for years. I use Extech and Bluelab probes. They both do the same after 8 months of use. They all Cal fine but read way off vs new. The best solution is to install new probes every 8 months

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:biggrin: have i ever mentioned that pH indicator drops don't require calibration and never run out of batteries? seems like it would be a good backup

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, Yes.. I have some but my eyes are not the best telling the differences between 6.0 and 6.5.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, Yes.. I have some but my eyes are not the best telling the differences between 6.0 and 6.5.

the general hydroponics drops are the rainbow ones so easier to tell the colors apart....i know what you mean though,i've tried strips where the color difference was minute and super hard to tell what the reading was. with the gen hydro drops it's quick so i was thinking as an easy cross check rather than your main way to measure

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With pH probes I've noticed they don't stabilize when they need to be replaced. Calibrate just fine but won't hold steady.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C.banana s1 reveg is complete. I have 1 cut rooted, as soon as I get a few more I will cull the reveg plant.
DSCN1781.JPG
HK
DSCN1782.JPG