What's new

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After following a thread on O2 saturation I bought these today at Bass Outdoor World. 3 cups with 2 tabs per cup $10.50. Said to last up to 9 hours, but does not say in how many gallons.

I placed one each under the 2 plants. The seedling has decent root development, whereas the reveg is sorely lacking in new root development, though it keeps growing buds, albeit very slowly

http://www.frabill.com/1043.html

View attachment 355794

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A couple more seeds grew over night, now transferred to their own coco cups/net pots

Also, moved the reveg to its own tent. Now under Amare Technologies SE 220 (
220w) now I can cut light back to ~ 13 hours, plus increase ppms

View attachment 356012 View attachment 356013

[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OTab Follow Up

OTab Follow Up

Follow up I don't recommend it for a couple reasons

1. It raised my pH and I couldn't get it down without dumping the nutes,

2. It left a mess. Had to clean the buckets, air stones and tubing

Those issues aside, my ~ 6" tall seedling definitely perked up :)

View attachment 356249 View attachment 356250

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally, I'm up and running.

Now that I have lots of seedlings the 6 hole bubbler wasn't gonna cut it, so I pulled out my DIY Bubble Bath, which is a 24 can cooler. I cut a overhead office light grate to fit. Under that is disc type air stones. It uses minimal water, but being open, it is prone to algae development. No biggie to dump , clean and replace once a week until they get transferred anyway

Seeds are started in Starter Cubes (more are waiting to pop). Once taproot exits the bottom I insert the cubes into 3" net pots and side fill with small ornamental stones from Dollar Store.

~ 200ppm nutes barely covering the grate. The resultant bubbles keep the tap roots happy and the seedlings growing. Look between the net pots to see the bubbling

The container on the left is a re-purposed one pound HR V+B container, filled with special re-freezable goop. It keeps the bubble bath cool all day. I have 2, so I can rotate. Babies will stay here until ready for their F & D totes

I probably lost the reveg due to stupidity. When I transferred it to the bucket I did not add enough nutrient, nor did I add sufficient air stones. I doubt it will recover, but what the H

View attachment 356715 View attachment 356716

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will be updating once the babies in my DIY Bubble Bath get big enough to transfer to my DIY Mini-Me F & D, but they are still in hydro. Light supplied by Transcend Lighting HOT5 LED tubes @ 30w

The larger plant has been under my Amare SE 220 CoB hybrid LED for about a week

View attachment 357714 View attachment 357715

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, the plant under the SE 220 is already showing pistils

Also, I pinched the top to help with side branching

Gonna give it an extra hour of light to see whether I can slow flowering down for a few weeks

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pinched the top to force side branching, which is already working.

Changed nutes today

Pics tomorrow

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's getting exciting for me now. Babies are growing super fast, and the lone plant under the SE 220 is rapidly developing side branches. Plant is not as yellow as it appears in the picture, but...

I raised the net pot to put a frozen bottle of water to cool the nutes only to find the air stones were not on. Turns out the power box it was plugged in to (same one with humidifier and fans) which I turn off at night. How much has that slowed down the growth... and what affect on the color? Dumb Ass! Now plugged into a different box so it will be on 24/7

Amare thinks they will be ready to get me the SE 250 panel within 10 days. I'm gonna need it

View attachment 359229

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are pics of both the plants that will go under the 2 Amares, and the lone plant under the SE 220.

I will move that one under the hot5 led and have 2 plants under each Amare light fed by my Mini Me F & D

The babies were droopy last night. This morning I cleaned the igloo and replaced with fresh nutes. They have perked up quite a bit since this morning, but not yet 100%

View attachment 360321 View attachment 360322

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Young plants have totally recovered

Got some bad news from Amare, my SE 250 still not shipped. Moved to the back due to a EU Distributor's order

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mini Me

These babies are doing exceptionally well by comparison to the TL plants, although those aren't that far behind. I think the biggest reason is the F & D (with lid) rocks

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] View attachment 361659 [/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yesterday was a busy day in the grow room.

I connected another Dual Mini-Me F & D, and took the 2 next best plants from my Bubble Bath. At the moment they are under the 8 TLs, with the intention of moving them under the SE 250, which has not yet shipped.:wallbash:

In the mean time, I will be able to see whether the fantastic growth under the SE 220 is due to the SE 220, OR, whether my DIY Mini-Me (which allows the roots to grow in the dark) plays an important role.

First 3 pics are from under the TL, the fourth under the SE 220

Well, well, well. In one day transferred plants (2nd pic from left) are reaching up to the light :woohoo:

View attachment 361888 View attachment 361889 View attachment 361890 View attachment 361891

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The remaining plants and clones are in the far back bubbler. One is likely a female. I have neglected to address water temp, and of course it was warm.

I decided to try out my double bucket idea. First I cooled the nutes down, lifted it out of the way, then put the empty tote, but adding several blue ice packs then placing the tote with nutes and plants on top.

Be interesting to see how long it keeps the nutes cool

Latest posts

Latest posts