What's new

H3ad goes Coco

Miraculous Meds

Hey I live in Europe and want to try out the 6/9 formula. My tap here is ec 0,85 (595ppm) so I thought that is to high for any grow?? So I have bought ro unit and now I comes out at 100ec (70ppm). And I want to buy the micro for soft water. Would my calcium magnesium level get to high? Any ideas to what I should do?

70ppm is good to go. Use regular micro.

Any of you getting low PH readings from your Coco? Like 4.8ph when I slurry. I come through and hit them with 6.5ph a couple times and it all goes back to 6.

Miraculous Meds

Any of you getting low PH readings from your Coco? Like 4.8ph when I slurry. I come through and hit them with 6.5ph a couple times and it all goes back to 6.

Usually low ph is a accompanied with high nutrient salt content. To remedy it I would recommend giving no higher than 6 or maybe 6.2ph. As long as ur keeping the coir moist its intaking the fresh nutrient strength and ph that ur giving it. So to give it 6.5 would be causing nutrient availability problems before long.

gmanwho

Veteran
does using cannazym or rhizotonic through the formula off much ?

id use the calculator only i dont have a clue how to use it ?

no. infact they are both great amendments to add!! i got away with runnning 5mil per gal of both. But i have changed the product. i now brew my own beneficial bacterias an feed every 5 or 7 days. i get the same action without the price tag.

that rhizo is amazing. the lateral root development is amazing. an while in coco you wont see the direct action of the cannazyme or zyme product it does breakdown dead material for sure. i see it in hydro happen all the time.

the start up cost is about the same if you buy medium size containers compared to the brewing the bb tea. but, the bb tea will last you months an months , well depend-it on how much you water/feed.

the bb recipe is over in the organic hydro thread, richy rich tea. i use distilled water to brew, an a larger air pump is necessary. more foam the better!!! check it out , by far one of the best things ive discovered in the past year or so... roots have never been happier. best part is if your in coco you dont have to strain it before use.

b-safe

BillFarthing

Veteran
So... when I was using a modified lucas formula... my nutrient profile when growing in promix was:
N 130
P 93
K 163
Mg 64
S 43
Ca 130

By mixing 8ml/gal micro and 14ml/gal bloom and watering with plain water every other watering...

In the coco, I am now using 6ml/gal micro and 9ml/gal bloom which gives the nute profile:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

adding 1 g/gal epsom salts to the solution changes the numbers for mg and s to:
Mg 67
S 61

Adjusting for the extra available potassium in the coco, the new formula puts me very close to the 'target ratio'... Phosphorous is a tad low, but I think there should be no worries there...

J Benton Jones Jr. Hydroponics Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower doesn't mention coco specific nutrients. So traditional hydro ferts Head was using are roughly 4:3:5. 6:9 Coco ferts are 3:2:3.5 with higher Mg and S.

I used the search function, but could someone point me in the direction as to WHY the ratios are different than traditional nutrients? I can reverse engineer a bottle, but I would like to know why you need these numbers in coco.

Miraculous Meds

J Benton Jones Jr. Hydroponics Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower doesn't mention coco specific nutrients. So traditional hydro ferts Head was using are roughly 4:3:5. 6:9 Coco ferts are 3:2:3.5 with higher Mg and S.

I used the search function, but could someone point me in the direction as to WHY the ratios are different than traditional nutrients? I can reverse engineer a bottle, but I would like to know why you need these numbers in coco.

It has to do with the cec of coir. the nature of coir is that it draws in ca and mg and releases K. Once these requirements are met though, it seems that the regular hydro nutes work fine. Check out the cooks thread he just started for the scientific explanation of how the cec works if ur interested.

oti$

I run 6/9 with my blumats which is pretty much constant drip as is, no dilution with great results.

marmarb

I run 6/9 with my blumats which is pretty much constant drip as is, no dilution with great results.

this is what im looking at doing are you going to be using once i run down the rest of my aqua flakes my question is are there any additives during flower to help increase yield? This is basically my break down this will run on a flip flop so will be two identical 10x10x7 grow tents rooms will be lit by 4 1ks with 6 inch reflectors

32 plants per tent in either 1 or 2 gal root pouch pots

double rez will have a 25 rez feeding a 5 gal elevated bucket with a overflow to keep everything fresh timer will turn on once every 3 hrs

hopefully i can pull 4 out of each tent 6 weeks veg

Drewtokez

Can someone please clarify on all the confusion is it 6 / 9 all the way through or is it 6 / 9 until stretch stops than once stretch stops 6 / 12 for one week then 9 bloom until flush is this correct?