What's new

H3ad goes Coco

I use 20% tap with my RO and it sets the ph and I have no problems. I think fucking with ph up was messing causing problems before I just started adding a little alkaline tap water.

Rollout

Im not busting balls...ohhh wait yes I am. Pics or It didnt happen yo lol :moon:

I'm in week 4 of flower now. Been running 6/9 the entire time without runoff and the plants are totally flawless. I might take some pictures today if I feel up to it, but there's not much point. There are already so many great examples on this forum, there's really no need for me to add mine.

Rollout

Ok here's one of my plants. This is week 4 of flower, strain is pre-98 Bubba. I've been using 6/9 (20ppm of Epsom added), feeding daily with no runoff and weekly flushes.

mowood3479

Veteran
Been using 6/9 in coco for a few months now. My plants have never looked better. Super healthy n growing like mad.
Thx head. Much obliged

lol I just realized for the past 4 weeks I reversed 6/9 (9 micro / 6 bloom). My girls look really happy and haven't been bothered by this. Any one else make this mistake?

Tyga

Veteran
When do you guys usually drop the micro? You cut it to 3/9 or go straight 0/9 (micro/bloom)

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
When do you guys usually drop the micro? You cut it to 3/9 or go straight 0/9 (micro/bloom)

Goodluck with that one:biggrin: I've ran 6/9 all the way till flush started. Also did about 3/9, it gave more of a fade to the fan leaves. I also ran 6/9 at 1.2ec all the way to flush, for me that was about 5/7.5. Now I have some being feed 1.2ec till 10 days left then I drop to 1/8 for 5 days and flush for 5 days. I have other plants that in week 5 I switch to the GH feeding schedule 4/8/2.5, the 2.5 being liquid koolbloom. 10 days out I drop to the 1/8 and then 5 day flush. Can't say 1 method stomps another. I would say don't lower the micro too soon and don't drop it completely. If you are 3 or 4 weeks from finish don't go below 3 or 4 micro IMO.:tiphat:

Ive been running 6/9 for years now.
I seem to find out that the more sativa dominant plants tend to yellow up about a month into harvest the fan leaves that is. Should I stay at 6/9 with these strains to avoid the early yellowing of fan leaves. Seems when I lower the Micro my sativa dominant plants yellow up way to soon.

MrNeomega

Since this thread seems to have a small bit more recent activity compared to the REZDOG thread, I'll post my updates here. I'm a new(ish) grower using the REZDOG variation of H3ad's/Lucas's formula.

The room:

20150221-20150221-growroom2015-2-Edit-2.jpg

This is my fourth attempt at a grow, and I'm hoping I've taken my licks and learned some hard lessons. The first grow was a single White Widow from Nirvana, in a hydro bucket. Had no idea what I was doing, it ended up growing past the lights in a small 2X3 tent. I ended up with some pretty fuzzy nugs, smokable, but I wouldn't dare try to sell it or share it with people who liked quality nugs. I used fox farm nutes for that grow, really didn't have any idea what I was doing.

My second grow was way worse. Again, a single WW female in a small tent. It grew past the lights as well, even more so. As a new grower, I came head to head with the phenomenon of extreme stretching. This grow was literally unsmokable, larfy fluffy nugs. I scraped everything into a pile and made some bubble. It wasn't terrible, but the yield was extremely low. Goddamn, was I going to have to BUY some nugs? It was not looking good.

The bubble:
20141120-20141120-8V3A0686.jpg

So my third grow. Finally got on the H3ad formula. Knew what I was doing this time! No way I was going to let this plant stretch, let's flower early, keep the temps low, and I was sure I would end up with some awesome, huge nugs from my mainlining technique.

Again, I was trying to grow a single WW female.

Of course, as soon as I flipped it to flower, I found out it was a male. Another lesson learned: Just because you buy from people who say it's feminized, there is no guarantee that all the seeds will be girls. Live and learn.

So I popped up a 7X7 tent, got serious about heat and light control, fan controllers, and I decided to grow many plants, keep mothers, and take clones to make sure that when I find the genetics I like I'll be able to keep on truckin.

Wish me luck. I'll post my results here, currently flowering a GHS Bubba Kush, an ACE Congolese, and the dreaded Nirvana White Widow. I'm going to get a good result from those seeds if it kills me.

From the terrible last harvest, did I mention I'm a photographer? If you get close enough, it's hard to guess that the plant was completely worthless at harvest!

20141103-20141103-8V3A0266.jpg

Mr.bob

Hey I live in Europe and want to try out the 6/9 formula. My tap here is ec 0,85 (595ppm) so I thought that is to high for any grow?? So I have bought ro unit and now I comes out at 100ec (70ppm). And I want to buy the micro for soft water. Would my calcium magnesium level get to high? Any ideas to what I should do?