What's new

H3ad goes Coco

air pots are a waste of money, better of just putting heaps of perlite in your mix, unless your growing massive trees u wont see any beneift with air pots , just less money in your wallet.

if people are getting 30 gram autos in dirt in one gallon containers, whats the big deal about 2.5 ounce plants in 2 gallons of coco? i saw a 2 ounce white rhino plant grown in a half gallon of coco once here already, drill a few holes in your containers or poke some holes in your grow bags and save the hundred+bucks it cost for air pots imo.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
You are funny Castelvetro here's what my buddy had to say about them who had been running 3gal regular pots for a few years..

So I decided to try to add a little life to this "air pot" thread for my first post. This was my first experience with these pots. The pots were def worth every penny. I vegd for the same amount of time as always before, 10-14 days and my girls were out of control. these things seriously cut veg time by 40-50% for me. not to mention within week one I had stalks fatter than ever before. about a 50% increse. My roots were obviously happier than they have ever been before, and I have done this same strain (purple kush) and same nutrient run multiple multiple times. Things got so big this round I had to get rid of a good amount of the plants. along with the bigger happeir plants came a healtheir yield, so now I am now cutting way back on my actual plant number because my yield was bigger with way less plants this time. I am going to try to put a few pics on here dont know if it will work because i never have but theres more in my album. hope this helps let me know if you have any questions... oh yeah and the medium is a soiless (coco) mix. the same as i used before the air pots... OH YEAH these are 2 gal and i used 3 before..

picture.php
picture.php

ottoman- thanks man that really helps me out. I run the same tent, same light with trays an a table with resivors under them on a recirculating top feed irrigation system. This round I used those air pots and had monsters. way to big. after 2 or 3 weeks I had to drop the number by 12 and actually pulled a little more than usual. same range as yours. so this time im losin the tables puttin them on the ground and puttin a res outside the tent. I think they will get way more light low like that, because my last ones were so close to the lights i had to zip tie the lights to the cross bars!! I dont know if you saw them but i only veged for 10-14 days and they were huge in air pots. I pulled over 100 grams on some of em!!! thats in two and 2.5 gal air pots, imagine 5 gal!!! this helpd inspired me thanks!!!

And these results he's speaking of were with the SR71 Purple Kush let me see you grow PK's that size in a 2gal regular pot of dirt hahahaha WTF!!! Poking holes don't do the same thing it's been tried..

sounds like he works for the company, ive seen countless reports on the ic of growers running them side by side with stand pots and seeing no differeance so im not sold, and lets not forget it s h3ads thread,your just like doc budd or him with a diff sig , dont get carried away with proving your point and click and pasteing away the next 6 pages on here, i know growing is your life thundurkel and u think about it 24 hours a day.

theres no root pruning even going on with theese plants witht the short cycle u guys run them for is what u dont even understnad, they just allow the wet mush coco is to dry out faster thats all, many cheaper ways to do this. so uping to 5 gallons even further inhibits the air pruning effect not strengthens it, but the increase in medium would allow for more roots, just not ''air prunned ones''.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
sounds like he works for the company, ive seen countless reports on the ic of growers running them side by side with stand pots and seeing no differeance so im not sold, and lets not forget it s h3ads thread,your just like doc budd or him with a diff sig , dont get carried away with proving your point and click and pasteing away the next 6 pages on here, i know growing is your life thundurkel and u think about it 24 hours a day.

theres no root pruning even going on with theese plants witht the short cycle u guys run them for is what u dont even understnad, they just allow the wet mush coco is to dry out faster thats all, many cheaper ways to do this. so uping to 5 gallons even further inhibits the air pruning effect not strengthens it, but the increase in medium would allow for more roots, just not ''air prunned ones''.

WTF!!!

Yup folks you caught me I'm DrBudGreengenes HAHAHAHAHA that's so funny dude you sir are ignorant that you don't believe it when the damn near the whole tree industry has switched to Air Pots and Smart Pots that had to be some of the dumbest shit I've seen.. Time and time again growers here have watched there plants take off and dude my buddy DOES NOT WORK FOR SUPERROOTS!! I know it's Head's thread I was just showing him what can be done in Air Pots... Please let me see you veg SR71 PK cuts from 8" for 10-14 days and get them that big in regular 2gal pots it CAN'T BE DONE!

Sorry Head but that bugged me.. You know DrBud I believe since he was a Casey Jones tester please vouch that I am not him. LOL :tiphat:

Fresh Start

dont get carried away with proving your point ...... i know growing is your life thundurkel and u think about it 24 hours a day.''.

Welcome to International Cannagraphic. If you haven't noticed, you are frequenting a website where professionals exchange information. :moon:

Advice?

Advice?

Hey guys,

I finally have some girls in coco/perlite and am looking for any advice, comments or suggestions. Here are the details:

This one is a MVTF clone. Started in Rapid Rooter, transplanted to beer cup and then to 1 gallon. I am thinking of transplanting to 4 gallon pot soon as the roots are visible near drain holes (I havent pulled plant out to see roots yet). She is being fed 1/2 strength 6/9 GH Flora formula. I think she looks great and I think I am ready to up the nutes to full strength. I feed once daily with a little runoff. My water is a mix of RO/tap (tds 140ppm) and I adjust pH to 5.8 with a total ppm of around 530. Last few feedings I add appx 1ml super thrive.

Any advice on this grow (supplements, pruning, etc) would be great. :thank you:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's a lot of Superthrive I never use no more than 4 drops per gallon unless I'm stopping stress from transplant I do 10drops..

greenatik

I witnessed a side by side grow with airpots and regular pots. The air pots lost by quite a bit... smart pots on the other hand seem to be a great solution for flood and drain coco

mydnytetoker..
that plant is begging for full-strength. and mag. you need to supplement mag with r/o!

That's a lot of Superthrive I never use no more than 4 drops per gallon unless I'm stopping stress from transplant I do 10drops..

Ya, I was thinking that too, but I added it after the Micro and Bloom and my TDS meter didn't move, however it reads in 10ppm increments. I usually do .5ml tops for 2.5 gallons of nutes.

What do you think about upping it to the full 6/9 regimen now? Think they are ready?

mydnytetoker..
that plant is begging for full-strength. and mag. you need to supplement mag with r/o!

I use a mix of RO and tap to around 140ppm before nutes. Think I need to add some mag? Don't take this the wrong way...I'm not trying to be a dick or argumentative, what makes the plant look like it needs mag? Just so I can recognize it easier.

joeking

I've been watching checkin out some kick ass grows with coco. I read in a thread that it has to be soaked before it can be used, any input on if this is true, if so is this a big pain in the ass. Thanks.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well what do you mean? Cuz I use mine straight outta the bag and then just water like I would with soil no pain in the ass there right?

I witnessed a side by side grow with airpots and regular pots. The air pots lost by quite a bit... smart pots on the other hand seem to be a great solution for flood and drain coco

mydnytetoker..

they are supposed to be good with flood n drain, but without growing trees they dont do anything whats so ever for plant growth via root prunin. yes thun your correct nurseries are into them, they grow trees thats why.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Dude you are truly ignorant that's one person I got a thread full of people using them right now talking about how much better they've yielded and how much faster the plants grow go over there and post that stuff that's why I made it so we do clog of Heads wonderful coco thread... sorry Head didn't mean to sidetrack your stuff just wanted to tell you how great Air Pots are but this dude isn't cool with that I guess.

mjactivist

Ur fine mydnytetoker.
U dont need any mag.
1/2 ro and 1/2 tap.
With this mix my starting PPM's is 100, and I never have a mag issue.
And by the way GH FloraBloom has 1.5% mag.
L8
MJ

greenatik

joeking.. depends on the type of coco you get. if you invest in a good pre-washed quality coco (bcuzz, botanicare, roots organics to name a few) then it is not necessary. If you go with a compressed brick of coco then yes it would be suicide not to pre-wash/rinse.

mydnytetoker.. sorry misread thought you were using strictly r/o. no need for extra mag with the mix, although i recommend molasses/sweet/ some kind of carbs for flower.

full strength is in order though :wave:

wouldn't airpots benefit soil growers more then coco? I mean I'm already watering my plants a shitload and they get a ton of fresh oxygen in the medium every day. seems like they are really meant for bigger plants because 4 weeks of veg and 75 days of flower and my 2gal pots still aren't filled with roots. maybe watering frequency/method has more to do with root growth then pot design? :chin:

MJ - Thanks for the input.

Greenatik - No worries...we all have our days! Thanks for the correction.

My biggest issue is recognizing deficiencies and such. I fed 1 cut last night with the full strength 6/9 formula just to see that the strain could take it without burning and this morning it looks fine.

I guess my next question would be...when to cut off micro. Several cuts are ready to go into the flower room. I know this was covered earlier but I don't have time to go back through all the pages.

Thanks guys!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
joeking.. depends on the type of coco you get. if you invest in a good pre-washed quality coco (bcuzz, botanicare, roots organics to name a few) then it is not necessary. If you go with a compressed brick of coco then yes it would be suicide not to pre-wash/rinse.

mydnytetoker.. sorry misread thought you were using strictly r/o. no need for extra mag with the mix, although i recommend molasses/sweet/ some kind of carbs for flower.

full strength is in order though :wave:

wouldn't airpots benefit soil growers more then coco? I mean I'm already watering my plants a shitload and they get a ton of fresh oxygen in the medium every day. seems like they are really meant for bigger plants because 4 weeks of veg and 75 days of flower and my 2gal pots still aren't filled with roots. maybe watering frequency/method has more to do with root growth then pot design? :chin:

Well run them in Air Pots that long and they WILL be full of roots giving more nutrient availability to your plants giving you bigger healthier plants :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts