What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

C

Cozy Amnesia

I have noticed something I've never noticed in my soil plants when i water the main stem becomes very bendy. Is this normal in coco? has anyone else experienced this? I don't water everyday. I water usually every other day I like to water while the coco is still moist but not wet. what is causing my stem to be so flimsy after watering?

I have noticed that too! My first run with coco, my plants where very tall and lanky after the stretch, and whenever I watered them they would stoop down a little bit, like the stem would loose strength. My solution was to move them around as little as possible when I watered as to not cause them to bend in any one direction. I still don't know why they did that...

greenatik

great, really informative thread!!

was wondering if anyone could eyeball my feeding plan and see if everything looks ok?

I'm using rez's 'recipe' with R/O

Recipe as follows:

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
7ml Kool-Bloom Liquid (0-10-10)

Day 22-28
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
7ml Kool-Bloom Liquid (0-10-10)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 50-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <100 ppm

The days that i'm doing 6ml micro / 9ml bloom + 7ml huvega magnesium

N 91
K 107
Ca 97
Fe 1.94
Mn .97
P 60
Mg 60
S 27

The days that I'm doing 6ml micro / 9ml bloom / 7ml koolbloom / 7ml huvega magnesium

N 91
K 283
Ca 97
Fe 1.94
Mn .97
P 152
Mg 60
S 27

Any help/feedback much appreciated!

greenatik

Well after reading more carefully through I answered my own question

6 ml micro / 9 ml bloom / 5 ml sweet

N 91

P 60

K 107

Mg 62

6 ml micro / 9 ml bloom / 5 ml sweet / 2 ml koolbloom

N 91

P 86

K 157

Mg 62

Replaced the mg with sweet, which also raised the sulfur up. And lowered the concentration of koolbloom to keep the K under 200 and P under 100

I'm excited to see how my plants finish budding out they are already loving the first few feedings

lav619.jpg

greenatik

I was having ph problems about a week ago and no real feeding schedule. From what i've read, the brown spots & downcurled leaves never return to normal. The improvement in just the last feedings have been day and night. its also trained like that to wrap around a cooltube. some of the leaves have gotten a lil close:kos:

day 12 / 90

B

bob00

i was going to try heads lucas formula bur read that gh nutes are different to ghe nuts so i had a look at the nute calculator on the ghe website.
using the 6/9 per gallon gives
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

i tried 2ml per l of micro/bloom and came up with
n 104
p 60
k 102
mg 40
s 45
ca 110

do these numbers look ok?
any idea how much sensical mg mix bloom to add or should i stick to epsom salts?

thx bob

greenatik

thought i'd throw up a pic of my casey jones running head's formula in atami bcuzz coco. using sweet instead of epsom as well as koolbloom and snowstorm ultra

caseyjones.jpg

the cab
night_time712.jpg

much thanks, plants love it :joint:

hey guys io mixed soem nutes on monday gro micro bloom daimond nectar cal mag....my question is i had about ten gallons left....now tis frieday can i use these nutes still..and or can i add to them?

chemsteady

yup.

yup.

just check your ph first, sometimes the ph can rise after the solution has been allowed to sit.
-c
ps. with h3ads formula, you dont need all that other stuff, just micro and bloom. you should give it a try the way he designed it first, then make adjustments during the next go. hth.
-c

sizzurp

would you use the 6/9 ratio even when using cfl's?

also what do you guys use as a dose during small seedling stage? 1ml micro 2ml bloom? or .5ml micro 1ml bloom

chemsteady

half strength.

half strength.

feed seedlings and clones at half strength, or even less. hmm, cfls...give the 6/9 a try, or better yet, check out head or rezs thread on their respective formulas. i kinda gloss over cfl stuff cause i dont grow with them.
-c

sizzurp

yeah i read half strength before but i was looking for something maybe more clear? you dont think 2ml micro 3ml bloom would b overkill?

chemsteady

agreed...

agreed...

totally agree with you bobby s, but (i go about two weeks or when i start to see seedlings asking for nutrients before i feed) im pretty sure sirz was talking about seedling that are readily excepting nutrients, and that have developed an adequate root system.

if this is the case, he should feed at half strength or less, or around 400-500 ppm using h3ads formula. we all agree.

i like to take a pitcher (i use a pitcher that holds 6 cups of h2o) of my nutrient solution, and fill it halfway. ~ i have two five gallon buckets, that i premix and have ready when i need to water, btw~ then i just take some ro water and fill the pitcher the rest of the way up. mix a bit and test ppms. you usually end up right around where you need to be. make sure to ph and dont over-water those seedings!
-c

sizzurp

do you guys need to add ph up after you add 6ml micro 9ml bloom to a gallon of r/o water? my ph was hella low after using the 6/9 in r/o water.

chemsteady

yup.

yup.

yeah, my res is a five gallon bucket (i handwater) and after my 6/9 mix in ro i usually need to put in about 5ml of ph down. if youre only doing a gallon at a time, something i liked to do instead of using the ph up or down, was to use superthrive to lower ph and rhizotonic to raise it a bit. i would do this to young plants and seedlings mostly since i was planning on giving them a little does of each anyway. hth
~c

i.cant.read.man

casey Jones

casey Jones

From our spot.... We Love her! The October HT has some great pics of CJ from our garden...... Better pics than I can take, at least.....

She is one hella yielder, almost 2#per light first run, getting her dialed in now, looks more like 2.5 is possible.:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts