What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

H3ad goes Coco

mister c

Krushonkush, It all makes sense to me I think.....will wait for H3ad to chime in though...thanks for the positive vibes, and good luck with your coco grow as well. You will love it!

THoC, Most people here feed from the top. From the bottom allows the water to get stagnant and all that funky shit.

Peace

THoC

Thanks Mister C. Since Im between my own grow at the moment I ve been researching different mediums for the next time around. Since my lifestyle requires me to be away from the grow for a week at a time I need an automated watering approach and I was wondering if a flood a drain approach, resevoir wicking approach ( flood no drain ) or drip system would work with CoCo. It seems the wicking approach might not be advisable.

good growing everyone

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
If you wick then a bubble stone or circ pump in the nute solution is advised to keep it fresh.

Drip seems to be the best auto system for coco.

So H3ad, do you see yourself sticking with the GH nutes or are you interested in trying an organic nute program like BioBizz? Can't use EC to dial in organics, unfortunately.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless it's puravida nutes.
OMRI certified...
it's a trip how the bugs digest the organic source material

K

krushonkush

H3ad take a look....

H3ad take a look....

I have used 6/9 form 12 days after seed till now, nothing else!
growth has been get. yesterday i noticed some spots on the leaves.
after some research I think it is Calcium deficiency? please take a look
I do NOT use ro water...should i? tap is .2 ec 7.1ph leave out 24 hours before use... thanks

K

krushonkush

after the mix it comes to around 6.0 ....I'll adjust to 5.8
what are you thoughts on liquid karma? thanks again H3ad!
hope to see some more Geisha soon:D

edit: you da man. just looking through some of your ph charts.
seems CA becomes hard to get around 6.0....hummm i wonder.:confused:
lol thanks again.
o yea..
Liquid karma
Hygrozyme
thoughts?

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
hygrozyme yes, liquid karma no because I recycle coco and don't know what the long term effects would be... I like the GH because it is there when you need it, and goes away quickly when you're done with it...

duddits

Grat3fulh3ad said:
Originally Posted by Grat3fulh3ad
Originally Posted by Grat3fulh3ad
I use 6ml/gallon GH flora micro and
9ml/gallon GH flora Bloom

1/2 strength for seedlings and freshly rooted clones

Full strength from the beginning of Veg until they begin bud formation
then

9ml/gallon GH flora bloom up until 2 weeks prior to harvest

Then plain water to finish.

h3ad,

Trying to keep my head around this thread, do you still advocate the use of epsom salts in this mix?

Do you continue to add epsom salts in flower when you cut back to only 9ml of bloom?

Anything else you add in veg or bloom these days?

Last edited:

G. Sensi

Another Euro GH question....

Another Euro GH question....

Blessings H3ad.... hope all is well with you and the fam....

I hoping I could bother you with yet another Euro GH formula question...

Basically I just tryin to figure out if I can get the Euro formula to match up to your nutrient profile... but if not I will just get the US version shipped over here.... Just trying to save some money...

Grat3fulh3ad said:
In the coco, I am now using 6ml/gal micro and 9ml/gal bloom which gives the nute profile:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97
I dont have a bottle of the UK formulas, or their label to use the cannastats calc, but assuming the Calculator on Gen Hydro's Euro website is 100% accurate...And assumin my math is correct... the closest configuration I've come to is:

7ml Micro(SoftWater)/UK gallon + 10mls Bloom/UK gallon (UK gal=~4.55L)

N = 96.5
P = 68
K = 106
Mg = 45
S = 50.5
Ca = 86.5

That Sulfur appears too high.... Lackin the experience I need to know what kind of effect this will have on the plants, I was hopin you could help I....

I am the first to admit I lack alot of experience indoors, and I overstand there is no magic nute profile that works for all plants... I am comfortable in my ability to read and diagnose plants, but my experience is limited to outdoors and organics and I never had to measure anything this precisely....I just tryin to use an accurate Heads Modified as my startin point before I run into problems and cant figure out whats gone wrong...

Again if it cant be done...I will scrap the whole thing and get the US version shipped over....

Theres no pressure to get back to me... Just thought I'd ask.... Any help you can give is MUCH appreciated, and you're thanked in advance....

Love and Joy

-G

micko-uk

Hiya g sensi & all

If you want labels look in my pics our better still do a search for a thread called

GH and GHE-Big problem for EU...

That one had loads of head-fuck going on, and still no one could answer it

maybe you could be that man

G. Sensi

Well then.... I feel dumb.... I had completely given up on the Search function, both advanced and regular.... Tried "euro gh"..."ghe"..."gh uk".... This thread, and Beaks kept comin up....

Thanks Micro! Didnt know there was all these probs with the GHE labels.... Think Im just gonna get the US version shipped over....

Head you can ignore my post above... Obviously those are crackhead numbers!

Blessings everyone

-G

Last edited:

tobaaaac

I mixed it up today with the 6ml Micro 9ml Bloom and with 99ppm tap water I got right around 690. That's all at .5 conversion.

Last edited:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
can someone explain the ratio further up and down from 6.9? There are some plants where 6.9 just isnt enough. In that case does it just go 8.11 then 10.13 for more and 4.7 for less?

Sorry if this has already been covered I looking for the answer.

gregor_mendel

It works for recirculating, too

It works for recirculating, too

Thanks to h3ad for the work.

I ran this formula with no epsom salt run to waste once, and got good results. I wasn't that impressed, though, as lots of things work.

Now I am impressed.
Currently, I am running the same system I ran DTW, but recirculating drip instead.

With 1800 watts and a 70 gallon reservoir, I have run it as low as the pump will go three times in five weeks.

The pH and EC/TDS don't move. Keep in mind this hasn't been dumped, I just add water every ten days or so, and add nutes.

:joint:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
one Q said:
can someone explain the ratio further up and down from 6.9? There are some plants where 6.9 just isnt enough. In that case does it just go 8.11 then 10.13 for more and 4.7 for less?

Sorry if this has already been covered I looking for the answer.
6 and 9 is plenty for any plant. No need for any "further up and down"... If you believe different, then use he same ratio with 20% less water. I have run 50 or so different cuts ranging from sativas to indicas and the only necessary difference is the timing of the micro removal and flush.

I'm using the 6/9 @ 5.6 in E&F tables with rockwool cubes at another site with equally satisfactory results, and am Glad to hear it's success in the drip recirculation gregor_mendel... =]

donny darko

H3ad

I have been reading up some on coco and thinking of doing some ebb and flow beds of it instead of using hydron or lava rocks. I was just hoping to get your thoughts and also ask how long you run your coco as I have read from some people it can only be used 3 times. I was hoping to have a medium that I would not have to go to the hydro store for all the time and could just clean. Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Peace darko