What's new

Gypsy's C99 vs Dutchgrown C99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This guy is trolling on Rez forum as well.

I have spoken to both gypsy and DG about there c99. Everything that has been said is true. She was authorized by Gypsy to make F2 from his original Brothers grimm stock.

One Love 731

Veteran
No boogeyman,no conspiracies,y'all drink WAY too much redBull. :D

Redbull cant touch C99, Although beautiful and with a wonderful pineapple or grapefruit fragrance, C99 geeks me out like nothing else. I can drink a whole 4 pack of Redbull (which I usually do) but smoke a bowl of C99 and Ill be looking between the blinds like Ive been smoking crack. It might just be me but I just cant handle the racey super up high of C99. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
A credible source with some info?

Here's the breakdown:
A special plant (dubbed "princess") was found from seeds in a bag of amsterdam coffeshop Jack Herer. Nobody knows where the pollen came from...

To replicate her in seed form, one of the males also found among the bagseeds was crossed to a shiva skunk. Then a male from that cross was used to pollinate the Princess. Three backcrosses later and he had C99:

P.50 = Princess x (ShivaSkunk/Princess's Brother)
P.75 = Princess x P.50
Cinderella 88 = Princess x P.75
Cinderella 99 = Princess x Cinderella 88

here's another way of looking at it ...

all pretty simple because you're seeing NL5 & Skunk#1 repeated over
& over again in the make-up .

( The added "spice" & the "fruit" coming from the Haze component coupled with the faster flowering time & stability offered by the NL5 & Skunk#1 . )

1) Jack did a cross between Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze ... & this
became "Jack Herrer"

2) Sensi group did Shiva Skunk which again was an NL5 x Skunk #1 blend .. have grown it ONLY once , a real beaster ...loved the original NL the best of all. (its gone unfortunately , reworked too many times )

3) Mr Soul was the top breeder over at botique seedbank "The Bros Grimm" and it all pretty much started with those 3 phenos he got from that pack of Jack Herrer bought in the Dam . One of three fems he named "Princess" which he BX'd 3-4 times to create what he called Cinderella99. One of the other girls from that original pack he called "Genius" .

Mr Soul also went on to use "Genius" a sister to Princess as the mom for Apollo 13 . Using selected males of both P75 & Cinderella99 crossed with Genius to create the Apollo11 & 13. Don't think that there were that many original seeds of Apollo13 ever really released compared to the C99 but some have argued it was Souls best work .
(Genius was never released (?) i believe ...but Soul loved her ).

Back to the top & beginning of things we have again the base components of Skunk#1 , NL5 in the Shiva Skunk (from Sensi) ...the Sknk#1 , NL5, Haze again of the Jack Herrer (again from Sensi).

* There's not too much here that anyone should get all so
"Hazed & Confused" about really , unless someone's been smoking
too much C99 or drinking too many pints . :biggrin:

Pretty strait forward & simple stuff ....NL5, Sknk#1, Haze which were all pretty much stock IBLs from long ago , but C99 worked well by Mr Soul originally from that little amsterdam coffee shop seed pack of Jack Herrer.

best regards & onwards

ஜ۩۞۩ஜmroseஜ۩۞۩ஜ

PS: So if one had original BG seeds , they have the true c99, we had them sent out from private stash ...& am sure Gypsy had them too .
Far too racey for me .

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, Brothers Grimm stabilized the C99 line. Technically, it's already an IBL. What's with all the backcrossing and incrossing? Seems like time better served, no?

cause people like to isolate the pineapple pheno, i don't know why, that was my least favorite. when i grew out the GN03 almost 6 years ago I found 3 variations. my favorite flowered slightly longer, done in 62 days, but was skunky/hazy as opposed to the fruitiness in the other 2. I'm pissed I didn't keep it. I think an f2 line of a very stable strain to begin with is the way to go. I'm getting a GN09 pack soon to try and find that one plant I loved again. I can't find anyone who kept that genotype of c99. they all keep the pinepple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts