What's new

Gunter.Grund's First Indoor Growroom @ 16KW

G.Grund

Status update:

The massive trim of innards is done. Basically a sea of 3-4 node tops in the case of the Grouch. In the case of the Fire OG, I left a little bit more in the "frumunda" zone having had the experience in light dep of the small, lower nug yielding small, but perfectly baggable nug where other strains produce only larf. Obviously, HPS is not the sun.

Garage door is sealed. Previously it had been sealed only to light. Its now sealed to air. Humidity has become easier to control with 3 SPT60's (mas o menos the same as the hydrofarm dehus i have seen), but having cut off massive amounts of fresh air coming in, CO2 levels are low and temps are high. I am going to put in a temporary intake by leaving one or more of the 8" ducting lines open so more fresh air dumps into the room. Hopefully, this will do until I get the A/C in.

All these issues are kind of annoying since the original room design and build had all these things solved- before the problems arose. The swap from fresh air to CO2 was a matter of flipping a switch and connecting two 12" ducting points that were set up for quick connect/disconnect. The solutions here are a little less elegant. I'm just happy to be up and running.

I also blew out my back loading trucks at the old spot. Yay. Looking forward to being out and never looking back.

G.Grund

Photos will come as soon as I move my other computer to the new spot. I have no photo editing software at the moment.

Mister_D

Veteran
Glad to hear things are moving along for you man. Looking forward to a photo update at the new spot also ;)

G.Grund

All is well. Swamped with work. I have not had any help in the new room and been getting overwhelmed with details. Still no A/C but finally a plan in place to have it in by the time the warm weather gets here in 4 or 5 days. I will turn the lights down to 600 if i need to.

Right now, my major problem is that the plants have grown too tall for the room, so we are lowering the tables. their height was originally determined by the individual 115 gallon reses under each tray... these had to roll independently for the room to work, but its a major PITA, heavy and messy. Makes rolling tables aside a bitch. I already raised the lights to the highest point possible, but still need more room. SO I am switching to central reservoir with sprinkler valved zones, two 200 gallon leg tanks, plumbed together. Big Dayton inline pump for the flood side. The drain side will be timed with a motorized ball valve that opens when the flood valves close. They will gravity drain to a 55 gallon drum with a float switch or sensor actuated sump pump that will return the drained solution back to the 400 gallons of storage. The drains will now be only 10" off the ground instead of the 22" they were...

eyes

Veteran
All is well. Swamped with work. I have not had any help in the new room and been getting overwhelmed with details. Still no A/C but finally a plan in place to have it in by the time the warm weather gets here in 4 or 5 days. I will turn the lights down to 600 if i need to.

Right now, my major problem is that the plants have grown too tall for the room, so we are lowering the tables. their height was originally determined by the individual 115 gallon reses under each tray... these had to roll independently for the room to work, but its a major PITA, heavy and messy. Makes rolling tables aside a bitch. I already raised the lights to the highest point possible, but still need more room. SO I am switching to central reservoir with sprinkler valved zones, two 200 gallon leg tanks, plumbed together. Big Dayton inline pump for the flood side. The drain side will be timed with a motorized ball valve that opens when the flood valves close. They will gravity drain to a 55 gallon drum with a float switch or sensor actuated sump pump that will return the drained solution back to the 400 gallons of storage. The drains will now be only 10" off the ground instead of the 22" they were...

hope your back recovers. bend any growing shoots unless u dont have the room or u have a plan that doesnt allow for extra spread room. i.e. under a scrog or such. sounds like u have most it worked out and it can be a daunting task without help and managing that many plants. look forward to new pictures of all the progress once u get caught up with everything. rest that back may be an impossible task since u are doing it all yourself. nevertheless, the pay off will be worth all the hard work in the end. ill keep an eye on this thread.hollar out if ya need anything.

G.Grund

Been busy.

Yields were great.

Grouch: 2.1# per 1000w average. The best 4x8 yielded 2.3#. Best results were in the table with less plants vegged longer. The table with the most plants did second best. Some losses to aphids (yuck) and some burn from getting too close to the lights.

Fire OG: 1.5# per 1000. Not an average as I only did 1 full 4x8 of this strain. I was told that I would never beat a pound per light with this strain. That's just ridiculous. The full table of Fire had one plant missing (to run a side by side with 4 horsemen OG***) AND had the most problems with getting too close to the lights. Many of the buds were severely stressed and either touching the glass for 10 days or so tall that they grew up between the lights, thus receiving almost No direct light. Seems like I could easily achieve 2per light or better if these limiting factors are removed. Oh, I also removed way too much plant material in the purge of inner growth. This cut yields like mad on the lowers that do not get light. every nug on the plant is baggable, right nown to little bits that got missed in the purge...tiny things that grew into 3 gram nugs. Not the hardest on the plant, but 100% baggable.

Project Delta: Yields look great. Not enough plants run to report a yield, but I am pretty sure that a minimum of 2# per light is attainable.

I feel like, considering we had to move this grow when we were about to flip it, rebuild everything in another space, lower tables at week 5 etc etc etc... its been a huge success. Next run is going to be ridiculous.

G.Grund

***Four Horsemen OG

I no longer have the exact pedigree of this strain. It may yield a bit better than the Fire OG, but it does not hold a candle to it in terms of flavor or aroma. Just can't live up to the greasy funk of the Fire. It DOES pack a very nice high that lives up to the OG's it seeks to compete with.

The collectives that line up for my OG would not pay the same ticket for this strain as they will for the Fire or Project Delta. On its own, it might stand up as an OG. Hard to say. I am going to do some testing of the market, but its unlikely I will run this strain again.

well done dude - good run with all the adversity faced while setting up/moving

which did you like more b'cuzz or tupur ?

how long did you let these ladies bloom ?

G.Grund

i like b'cuzz better. but beds got mixed and tupur wanted more feedings, i think. I may or may not give it a more controlled side by side with more flooding for the tupur.

can't compare smarts vs net bottoms because one was hand watered soil and the other was containerized hydro in flood and drain tables. i was very happy with the #2 mesh bottoms for hydro. I am not going to do anything in soil on this next run. Coco FTW, I think.

VnO: Project Delta is pure love. I let her go till 68 days in coco and she was still covered in white hairs... so unlike the OGs and crosses I have grown who close up into far bracts as they mature.

I think that the H&G Shooting Powder may have had an atypical effect on PD. It looked like it could go another 7-10 days, but the truchs were uniformly cloudy.

I cannot wait to get this next run going. No 2 extra weeks of veg. No hitting the lights. No tired out soil plants. Round two is about to commence.

V

Veg N Out

I never grown in Coco fiber or used Shooting Powder..I do notice that the Delta likes almost no food after week 2 of flower....Maybe that's why she never quite finished..?

V

Veg N Out

You got any dry nug shots or any shots of anything going on ?

Did you Reverse the PD yet?

G.Grund

i have no plans to reverse the PD at this point. I handed that project back to is originator.

I did just flip on round two. Gonna do a full 4x8 of Project Delta to see if she stands up, yield-wise.

This round is mostly Grouch. I took pics yesterday so I will post em up tonight or tomorrow.

V

Veg N Out

This thread is useless with out pics....

I wish that Emoticon was around...