What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guess my (pot-ential) yield! :D

Jonnysact

They are getting chopped in 3 days!

HvfvmJW.jpg

wKEWLy9.jpg

chefbudz

if your looking for a cheap fan you can get a 50cfm bathroom fan for like 12 dollars at home depot
good luck with harvest hope you have you jars ready!

atk7

For me i do a light trim when I hang to dry ,then a final trim just before I jar to cure . But since it is all for personal use I don't trim as tight as the commercial buds get trimmed . Ieave some of the smalller sugar leaf on to protect the buds in the jar. So I guess I am saying I do both.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That I do! Chopping her tomorrow :)

Do you folks like to manicure before or after drying?

I trim wet. I cut a branch off a plant. I cut the buds off the stem or cut down the stem if the bud is stacked along the branch. I trim the leaves off the buds. The buds are put on a rack that has half inch hardware cloth screen. The racks go into a carbon filtered drying box.

I throw away any leaf that doesn't have a lot of sugar on it.

I like a tight trim on my buds because I mostly grow strains that have a high calyx to leaf ratio. I don't like sugar leaf on my buds. I use fine tipped medical scissors to trim and I try to get as little resin on the scissors as possible. I'd rather keep the trichs on the buds.

The fresh sugar leaf is frozen for making bubble.

Ya I trim wet also, I leave some extra sugar leaf on as I think it helps drying process. I just trim the big leaves and try not to rub the trichs

Jonnysact

ALL DONE!

they are drying up now!!

Some pics! More trimming once they are dry.

fKd457B.jpg

cm7BAKS.jpg

ubmg9Hn.jpg

Some casualties that fell during the wet trim.

HxZZAVE.jpg

0J1PF1V.jpg

Last edited:

Jonnysact

me too! I'm nervous to see how much this stuff is going to shrink when it's dry.

It makes me think of some of the weed I've had over my life. This stuff isn't crazy dense. A little airy probably cause of the higher than ideal temperatures. Also, nothing crazy going on with lights. But I hope I get close to an ounce :)

Also got some really nice looking fem seeds from it :) Well, I've only picked one so far, but she looks amazing, and big. Should be getting anywhere from 8-12 seeds from this harvest based on what I saw on the lower nugs.

ulzWRsW.jpg

Jonnysact

So, I ended up with 18 beautiful seeds and this thing full of bud. Although, it is quite loose and airy weed :/ Temps too hot... Among other things. Going to get it weighed soon :)

It's been in this jar for around 8 hours now and temps are at 65* but Humidity is 55%. Did it dry too much? The branches don't quite snap but don't quite bend, somewhere in the middle. If it doesn't go higher and I screwed as far as curing goes?

My manicuring definitely needs work. But I chose to keep the sugar leaves that had trichs on them rather than cutting em and trying to create something else out of it. Meh, I guess it will effect the flavour.

7QQLE2w.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be careful with that jar being sealed. Unless it's super dry where you are, 3 days of dry is pretty quick to put into a closed jar. I'd be worrying about the buds molding.

Jonnysact

I would be careful with that jar being sealed. Unless it's super dry where you are, 3 days of dry is pretty quick to put into a closed jar. I'd be worrying about the buds molding.

If my RH in the jar is 55-65%, I should be fine right? Is this not the sweet spot for curing?

Latest posts

Latest posts