What's new

★ Guerrilla days ; Into the woods ★

Manivelle

Veteran
i mean your 10 cm/15cm are not enough :) .
on the pics we can see the soil. so it's not good. the mulch has to be thick and dense. to reduce air flow and allowing moisture to stay in the soil, and also protecting the soil from the heat.
15cm light and 15cm dense are really different for that purpose.

Muad' Dib

i mean your 10 cm/15cm are not enough :) .
on the pics we can see the soil. so it's not good. the mulch has to be thick and dense. to reduce air flow and allowing moisture to stay in the soil, and also protecting the soil from the heat.
15cm light and 15cm dense are really different for that purpose.

Hey again mate, well probably you are right but when i speech about the mulch layer i was thinking in good or bad terms, not in enough or insufficient. For me it's good that there is a mulch layer, it helps for sure, thick or light it's better than the spots where there's not.

I'm pretty sure of that if there was more than 10 - 15 cm it would be better but that's what there is. So i'm not going to suicide me because of that, neither to stop growing there, i'm a guerrilla fighter haha, no surrender.

However the soil retains well the moisture, i've planted them 2 weeks ago and they've only needed a light watering. Maybe because the draining it's not very good. Any idea about how to improve this?... I've a few kg of arlita... It would be a good idea to remove the soil (carefully) and add a bunch of it on the bottom of the holes?

Thanks for the advices mate.

Vibes

Manivelle

Veteran
guerilla fighter can't fight the summer sun :).
it seems you're in a meditéranean climat ..
listen to me and mulch more you'll have better result.
roots are suffering from the heat during summer
to improve draining you can use river sand + humus or commercial soil or composted material. a well drain soil is less heat conductive but need to be well mulch because it can dry quicker .. better air circulation.roots don't like to be drawned.
a thing i did with good result in guerilla is to separate the soil in multiple kind of structure. on part well drained half of total),another with river sand only (add some only if well drained soil is fine and dense) and another with heavysoil clay type + perliteor water crystals)(good moisture retaining just a basket ball size). sand at the botom and clay on top plus mulch to keep moisture as much as possible.
arlita is good in pots . in plain soil you have to add too much to be really effectiv. you should have done that before . a big deep holle filled with sand at the botom.
you can add whatever you want if you dig carefully around the plant. . you can do that on one side it will help a lot and if damage you'll damge only one side of the roots.

stay safe

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

Hey mates, sorry for the update delay.

Definetly summer is here... So the heat came and dried all the ponds and now i need to carry the water in jerrycans. It is not a really long way but it's not the same than before, when the water were 5 meters away from the guerrilla.

picture.php

I decided to heed some advices (thx btw). On this overview you can notice that i've added a lot of mulch to the soil, hope it works to keep the humity because this summer seems like it's going to be the hot one in the last years.

picture.php

The plant that were attacked by the mites it's a Lilly, not the SD x BB (my mistake), i've sprayed all of them and she looks a bit healthy now but definetly is falling behind the rest, just half size.

picture.php

The counterpoint it's the Island Sweet Skunk, she's twice the size, around 70 cm, for sure she's getting more direct light.

picture.php

There are 2 different phenos of SD x BB. The #1 has some trifoliate leaves but still nothing very noticiable on them.

picture.php

I've been looking for prune some branches on the trees over but i'm not sure about it, the helicopter flies over almost every day and the forest fires season has already started, so the control will be more intense from now in advance.

Vibes.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Hey mates, sorry for the update delay.

Definetly summer is here... So the heat came and dried all the ponds and now i need to carry the water in jerrycans. It is not a really long way but it's not the same than before, when the water were 5 meters away from the guerrilla.

View Image

I decided to heed some advices (thx btw). On this overview you can notice that i've added a lot of mulch to the soil, hope it works to keep the humity because this summer seems like it's going to be the hot one in the last years.

View Image

The plant that were attacked by the mites it's a Lilly, not the SD x BB (my mistake), i've sprayed all of them and she looks a bit healthy now but definetly is falling behind the rest, just half size.

View Image

The counterpoint it's the Island Sweet Skunk, she's twice the size, around 70 cm, for sure she's getting more direct light.

View Image

There are 2 different phenos of SD x BB. The #1 has some trifoliate leaves but still nothing very noticiable on them.

View Image

I've been looking for prune some branches on the trees over but i'm not sure about it, the helicopter flies over almost every day and the forest fires season has already started, so the control will be more intense from now in advance.

Vibes.

Is there 2 different blueberry males used? I notice BB#1 and BB#2.

Everything looks good Maud. Nice work. Were you not expecting the water to dry out?

The food looks delicious. Minus the meat :biggrin:

Muad' Dib

Is there 2 different blueberry males used? I notice BB#1 and BB#2.

Everything looks good Maud. Nice work. Were you not expecting the water to dry out?

The food looks delicious. Minus the meat :biggrin:

Hey my friend, yes, at the beginning there were 2 different BB males but i've choosed one of them to cross with the Sour Diesel, just the one you know. These are 2 different phenos from the same male.

About the water, yes, i was expecting something like this but not in every pond on the surroundings. The last 2 weeks we've suffered the westerly winds, it has dried out every corner around here. There is a little dam upriver, the water of the ponds it's the surplus, just the water that the dam can't retain, hopefully it rains a bit. Meanwhile, i'll be carrying water to the guerrilla.

Do you like "fideuá"? ... There's no meat, just seafood and pasta (fideos). It is a traditional dish, when it is made without pasta but with rice then it's called "paella".

Namaste

gorilla ganja

Things are starting to grow now Muad' Dib. Shame about the bug's.
The fideuá looks delicious. Never had it but I'm pretty sure I would enjoy.

Peace GG

Muad' Dib

Things are starting to grow now Muad' Dib. Shame about the bug's.
The fideuá looks delicious. Never had it but I'm pretty sure I would enjoy.

Peace GG

Hey mate, thanks for passing by. Shame?... Nevermind, failure leads to success !!

Thanks for the kind words about the fideuá, it is my great passion, just to cook... And eat it, of course.

Vibes

BrainSellz

Veteran
Do you like "fideuá"? ... There's no meat, just seafood and pasta (fideos). It is a traditional dish, when it is made without pasta but with rice then it's called "paella".

Namaste

I have never tried it. I do not eat land or sea animals, however I would give that a try for sure.

Uuuuuh, ok, i'll send to you a tupperware. Stay attentive, you'll know that it's arrived by the thousand flies around the box mail.

Vibes
:biglaugh:

Have you you grown out any other crosses that were made with that BB?

Namaste my friend

Muad' Dib

I have never tried it. I do not eat land or sea animals, however I would give that a try for sure.

Have you you grown out any other crosses that were made with that BB?

Namaste my friend

Yes, in example the Peyote Purple x BB, there are 2 on this guerrilla.

I've crossed the BB male with many different ladys as Ak-47, Shiskaberry, Punto Rojo, Plushberry, etc... But i don't have space to test all of them.

I've shared many seeds with friends but still waiting to see the results.

Namaste

The Revolution

Veteran
Greetings and good vibes Muad! They're coming along nicely! The ISS seems to have dug her feet in and starting to reach to the sky! Ive noticed some explosive growth in the last week! Hoping to have my older seed plants sexed within the next cpl weeks. Summer is for sure here! The summer solstice swept in with a beautiful strawberry moon, which is a rare event! July is always my favorite month as things really begin to explode in veg!
Ive just been filling smart pots, as many as I can per day, and getting seedlings out to the plot. Ive got my hands full this season with about 250 seed plants and cpl dozen cuttings. Im trying to focus most of my energy on getting the verified female clones into nice big smartpots, filled with promix and amended with organicness! These girls will be my gravy, so I gta let them get as big as possible.
I like your vibe, and attitude. Us guerillas gotta stick together brotha. Be safe out there, and I wish you all the best! Give them tender love and care. I trust Shiva will reward you greatly!

Muad' Dib

San Juan in Spain tonite ,,,,, big piss up ,,,,, lol me ? I'm staying in to guard the house , lol

Thanks for passing by Indalo. Yes, San Juan... 2 days ago was the summer solstice and it match wih the full moon, it was so beautiful.

This night people around here use to go to the beach to worship the sun through the purifier fire and of course, to drink and smoke as if there were not tomorrow... So paganism is alive in some way.

[youtubeif]L18b3UQQ49I[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

Greetings and good vibes Muad! They're coming along nicely! The ISS seems to have dug her feet in and starting to reach to the sky! Ive noticed some explosive growth in the last week! Hoping to have my older seed plants sexed within the next cpl weeks. Summer is for sure here! The summer solstice swept in with a beautiful strawberry moon, which is a rare event! July is always my favorite month as things really begin to explode in veg!
Ive just been filling smart pots, as many as I can per day, and getting seedlings out to the plot. Ive got my hands full this season with about 250 seed plants and cpl dozen cuttings. Im trying to focus most of my energy on getting the verified female clones into nice big smartpots, filled with promix and amended with organicness! These girls will be my gravy, so I gta let them get as big as possible.
I like your vibe, and attitude. Us guerillas gotta stick together brotha. Be safe out there, and I wish you all the best! Give them tender love and care. I trust Shiva will reward you greatly!

Hey Revolution, i was talking just about the moon, yeah, it was wonderful. The best moon for the moonstrucks ha ha.

Good luck and much support on that female selection. I use to take some cuttings and flo them to know the sex as soon as possible.

Show us your guerrilla mate, everyone is allow to post their pics, this thread is open to everybody. Feel free to post and comment every thing you would like.

Thanks for the kind words mate, best vibes to you.

Muad' Dib

Hey mates, things are getting better, it looks like they are growing properly... But not all of them.

picture.php

This Lilly is definetly knockout, what the hell happens to her?... I think she didn't rooted properly on this soil, maybe too much humidity at the beginning and in addition she was suffering the mites more than the others so...

picture.php

On the left side, above: Titan's Haze, Western Winds x Queen Mother and Sweet Blue. Below there are the 3 Starbud Sister and the Lilly.

picture.php

On the right side, above: Sour Diesel x Blueberry #2, Peyote Purple x Blueberry#1 and Island Sweet Skunk. Down: 2 Sour Diesel x Blueberry #1, Sweet Tooth Three and Peyote Purple x Blueberry#1

picture.php

Vibes

gorilla ganja

They are starting to take take off now Muad' Dib.
You may want to consider tying the plants down and away from each other. Also some selective pruning so they don't crowd each other too much and you can create and even canopy.
I think they are happy in your ancient garden spot.Keep up the good work.

Peace GG