What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

militia420

Ever use water crystals? They'll help in a drought big time. It's a relative disaster if I don't use them. We can go 4 weeks without rain in july. Just don't use too much or they'll push the plants out of the hole. It's best to hydrate them first beforehand.

I've used them in Maryland during a drought but it was a horrendous one. 90's maybe 60%RH. The vegetation around my spot was getting crispy. I found out the year after that my spot happened to be near a pooling area from when it rained heavy and I lucked out because my area was wetter, but I think I needed to add substantially more of the crystals. I may have only used a few tablespoons from what I recall and that was 18 years ago I'd say. I bought a bag of crystals to use with this years grow since I'm back in a dry environment. Do you have recommendations that differ from what they give on the bags? I could really use some help on that as I want a good successful grow or I'll be stuck with some old ass bud that just doesn't have much kick any more.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
A lot of good ideas guys. That wire that Hoypare has is good for small stuff. Us southern folks call it rabbit wire, but when they get bigger gonna have to use chicken wire like Tycho was referring too. I used to have a shit load of chickens and we have a helluva time with bobcats, possums/coons, once a bear got into them. But there's not a lot of bear in my area. But around the Mtn were my buddy lives there's a few bears. There's just a lot of animals here and the fucking insects. I've got a bunch of wire I've got from old chicken cages. So that helps me on some cost. When I start putting out some guerilla plants next wk I'm gonna pour some urine around. I'm also gonna get a bottle of that deer repellent this week at Walmart. I'm gonna take some wire to cage them also I guess. Might as well try to lock it down on what I can control.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've used them in Maryland during a drought but it was a horrendous one. 90's maybe 60%RH. The vegetation around my spot was getting crispy. I found out the year after that my spot happened to be near a pooling area from when it rained heavy and I lucked out because my area was wetter, but I think I needed to add substantially more of the crystals. I may have only used a few tablespoons from what I recall and that was 18 years ago I'd say. I bought a bag of crystals to use with this years grow since I'm back in a dry environment. Do you have recommendations that differ from what they give on the bags? I could really use some help on that as I want a good successful grow or I'll be stuck with some old ass bud that just doesn't have much kick any more.

The size of crystals matter. Some are used to make fake snow, some for flower/table decorations. I'd take a bowl and hydrate it. Try 3 tablespoons first to see how big it gets. I've seen 4 table spoon turn a gal jug of water solid.

You can also get a pack of baby diapers. That works surprisingly very well. Pull it apart and keep the interior crystals AND the cotton. want to see how big it gets when it's wet? Dunk one whole diaper in a bucket. You'll be surprised.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
A lot of good ideas guys. That wire that Hoypare has is good for small stuff. Us southern folks call it rabbit wire, but when they get bigger gonna have to use chicken wire like Tycho was referring too. I used to have a shit load of chickens and we have a helluva time with bobcats, possums/coons, once a bear got into them. But there's not a lot of bear in my area. But around the Mtn were my buddy lives there's a few bears. There's just a lot of animals here and the fucking insects. I've got a bunch of wire I've got from old chicken cages. So that helps me on some cost. When I start putting out some guerilla plants next wk I'm gonna pour some urine around. I'm also gonna get a bottle of that deer repellent this week at Walmart. I'm gonna take some wire to cage them also I guess. Might as well try to lock it down on what I can control.

By July 1st your plants should be booking it. If they're not in a huge growth spurt by then, you should add water soluble Nitrogen and use foliar and ground nitrogen feed. This is a critical time that will affect your yield and requires emergency attention. If you have no nitrogen to feed it, you can urinate around them because urine has an NPK of about 12,1,2. But you'll need more N to keep it going. It's better to burn them a bit than deny them what they need.

Last week I filled a 55 gal drum with water, grass clippings, leaves, nettles (only green stuff. Nothing brown.) to the very top, and put a lid on it. Now the sun will heat it up and cook it. In a couple weeks it'll be rich in N. I should have done this a month ago though. I'll be bringing 10 gallons with me every time I go out in a couple weeks. I'll keep giving them N until they start flowering, then I'll switch to very low N and high PK.

My holes were dug around May1 and every hole was amended to supersoil and cooked by June1. If I start to see nute burn, I'll back off, but until then it's "Open Wide Baby". The only thing I'm afraid of is lockout.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Hey bro. do you bubble that brew with a aquarium pump?

No. Just let it rot.

Don't confuse this with TEA. It probably has very little bacteria. It's strictly a Nitrogen rich drink.

I put a lot in there. If you did it in a 5 gallon pail, you would fill it to the top with GREEN material (stay away from pine or spruce), then fill it with water.

Here's an easy DIY. It only takes about 5 minutes to make. You have to dilute it like you would Tea because it'll burn everything if you use it pure.
[iframe1]CLVmuAsVza4[/iframe1]

Rodehazrd

No. Just let it rot.

Don't confuse this with TEA. It probably has very little bacteria. It's strictly a Nitrogen rich drink.

I put a lot in there. If you did it in a 5 gallon pail, you would fill it to the top with GREEN material (stay away from pine or spruce), then fill it with water.

Here's an easy DIY. It only takes about 5 minutes to make. You have to dilute it like you would Tea because it'll burn everything if you use it pure.
[iframe1]CLVmuAsVza4[/iframe1]

Thanks for the refresher on nettle tea, great resource widely available right now. I did read that the air stone makes the brew faster as it agitates it constantly

One other thing on nitrogen I think a little too much increases bug pressure anyone else have that idea?:tiphat:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
First off, I wanna apologize for the sideways photos. I am not quiet sure why lately all then photos I upload are sideways and I wish IC had a photo editor to where you can crop and at least rotate photos. But oh well, it is what it is.

Here is that one foot tall Bullet Train that I put out around 3 weeks ago (remember the expirement? Well she never dis go into flower, none of them did. All mature plants vegging under 24hr light schedule and thrown outside without being adjusted to the proper light cycle, they done great!) She now stands around 6ft tall and is loaded with new growth shoots and bud sites and still has a pretty good while left to keep a veggin'!

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a Jelly Pie from GPS that I just put out last week. This one is going to be a beast! She sits about 15 foot from an underground spring so she will get babied and watered very often. The plant was 4 months old when she was sit out. I also sit out some Full Moon Fevers which is Durban Poison clone x Stardawg also from GPS the same day and they are also 4 months old. Don't have any pics of those right now but I'll get around to it.

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

Here is one of my LSD (Barneys Farm) phenos that was put out maybe 3 days ago. She is a little over 2 months old, had been kept in a small half gallon container the whole time to restrict size to prevent over crowding my veg room because it is packed FULL... Slowly being emptied out, this year is harder than I thought but I won't stop until they are all put out. The heat is pretty damn extreme around here lately with it being between 90 and 98 degrees everyday and not to mention the humidity in full swing running wide open. It will put a hault on a man for sure...

picture.php

Rodehazrd

Hey MB
Have to start early now to beat the heat. And carry a lot of liquids.
A few post back you mentioned drilling a hole in a tree and filling with salt to take the leaves off. How big a hole and how long does it take to defoliate? I have two that would increase my day by two hours if they died. I drilled both with a 5/8 bit 3" deep and put in a couple tablespoons of salt. Did I do enough?:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Driving a copper nail into it kills the tree. But it takes a season. I suspect if you did it very early spring, you'd be good.

Personally, I just look for spots that already get good sun.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
First off, I wanna apologize for the sideways photos. I am not quiet sure why lately all then photos I upload are sideways and I wish IC had a photo editor to where you can crop and at least rotate photos. But oh well, it is what it is.

Here is that one foot tall Bullet Train that I put out around 3 weeks ago (remember the expirement? Well she never dis go into flower, none of them did. All mature plants vegging under 24hr light schedule and thrown outside without being adjusted to the proper light cycle, they done great!) She now stands around 6ft tall and is loaded with new growth shoots and bud sites and still has a pretty good while left to keep a veggin'!

View Image

View Image

Here is a Jelly Pie from GPS that I just put out last week. This one is going to be a beast! She sits about 15 foot from an underground spring so she will get babied and watered very often. The plant was 4 months old when she was sit out. I also sit out some Full Moon Fevers which is Durban Poison clone x Stardawg also from GPS the same day and they are also 4 months old. Don't have any pics of those right now but I'll get around to it.

View Image

View Image

Looking great MB! Good growth.

Rodehazrd

Driving a copper nail into it kills the tree. But it takes a season. I suspect if you did it very early spring, you'd be good.

Personally, I just look for spots that already get good sun.
May be that I should just chop a ring around it I don't have any level ground or clear areas and this is my best outdoor option. If I get the leaves off these two I'll get a good eight hours of direct sun plus a few hours of dappled light.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
When i take pictures with my phone held normally (vertically) i have to rotate or crop the pictures afterward to fix orientation before uploading them. If I turn my phone horizontally and take widescreen pictures the orientation uploads to icmag normal. I think windows photo viewer or something free/simple like that can rotate picture orientation as well.

You said none of the other plants from 24hr veg started flowering apart from the Bullet train pictured, what else did you put out from 24hr veg? Im a little out of the loop since the first experiment plant wilted and died it seemed.

MountainBudz

When i take pictures with my phone held normally (vertically) i have to rotate or crop the pictures afterward to fix orientation before uploading them. If I turn my phone horizontally and take widescreen pictures the orientation uploads to icmag normal. I think windows photo viewer or something free/simple like that can rotate picture orientation as well.

You said none of the other plants from 24hr veg started flowering apart from the Bullet train pictured, what else did you put out from 24hr veg? Im a little out of the loop since the first experiment plant wilted and died it seemed.

I will try rotating them sideways myself next time before uploading, it had crossed my mind but its hard enough uploading and adding photos onto IC as it is. Especially on phones.

But anyway, I ended up setting a bunch of plants out before evening out the lighting schedule and none have flowered at all, they just keep vegging along. I ended up finding out what happened to the other plant that died, evidently I dug the hole and basically planted it on a ant hill. Well not exactly a hill, but a burrow for sure. I got some stuff that kills ants and termites and I'm gonna start putting it on the ground around my plants from now on.

Strains I sit out that didn't flower are hillbilly roadkill, skunk #18, Hindu Pakistani kush, amnesia and ssh x trainwreck.

MountainBudz

Hey MB
Have to start early now to beat the heat. And carry a lot of liquids.
A few post back you mentioned drilling a hole in a tree and filling with salt to take the leaves off. How big a hole and how long does it take to defoliate? I have two that would increase my day by two hours if they died. I drilled both with a 5/8 bit 3" deep and put in a couple tablespoons of salt. Did I do enough?:tiphat:

Hazrd you need to pack that hole full of salt. It doesn't take long once its packed in there.

Edit:: I found some more information on this during a Google search. Eveidently it is supposed to be done a little different than we have always been told to do it around here. Here is the instructions I have found from a website.

Drill four to six 1/2-inch holes around the tree. Position the holes diagonally in the tree. Pour 3 cups of water into a container, then add 6 cups of salt. Mix the two together. Pour the solution into the holes you drilled into the tree. Monitor the solution.

The way I explained previously works too but likely takes a little longer than the new method I just come across and read about. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's been so hot my shirt got soaked and I was only out about 30 mins or so. I'm gonna be mixing up my soil to put 4 fem plants in a few 30gal & prolly 10gal. And starting Thursday I've got 40+ plants to set into guerilla spots....gonna be some hot muggy time. Bad thing in these Mtns you don't get any breeze/wind. It's very thick hard to breath type weather.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feeling you on the heat! Blessed with plenty of flat ground around here to keep a good breeze going! I've been working outside without a shirt the last few days because the shirt just gets soaked! Cotton doesn't work very well in this weather. Was wearing my motocross jersey the other day, and it was much better!

Thanks for the update mountainbuds! Plants are looking really healthy and in a major growth phase with all the June sunshine! Going to be seeing some big moster plants this fall! I know you secure them well with string, but some of the plants you could probably get by just piling soil around the base to support the plant.

Got out to the plot and top dress fertilized after working the crust. Mixed it in with my fingers, and piled the soil around the plants. Animals are staying away now, but I still put down more repellent. Plants are on the move and branching out well! Stay tuned for some pics! :smoke:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts