What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

iTarzan

Would a triploid be a good, useful thing or would it just be something cool to look at? Either way I find it interesting. I would hope for triple potent killer triploid weed.

In years past on other threads on this site and especially OG and PG I remember guerrilla growers who would strike their seedlings in the field in a patch. Then they would spread them out from there.

Some would thin the seedlings when they were very small and not save the plucked ones. They would have several in a spot. They would remove the males later.

Some of the growers would just start them in the hole or patch and let them all grow. They wanted the seeds and they smoked all they grew. There was nobody involved to complain about seeded weed.

Some of them also turned it all into bubble hash. Hey that's what we did back then. That or iso. I used to think I was so advanced because I knew how to make bubble ash. LOL! Those guys in the concentrate threads are like world class engineers and scientists to me now.

iTarzan

People spend good amounts of money on seeds. They tend to plant them individually so they can nuture each one along in its' early stages. Then along comes Metsakana using the Johnny Appleseed toss down a handful of seeds method. LOL! j/k Metsakana you will probably have a fantastic guerrilla grow. I am hoping for the best for every grower in the thread. Do you grow in the wilds?

iTarzan

Define guerrilla growing. I have thought of this other years and other threads but always good to discuss. It isn't just growing outside. Any type of growing where it is legal to do what you are doing is not guerrilla growing. True guerrilla growing is growing in an area where it is illegal to do. It is growing in a way that you will harvest a crop. It could be a total stealth and minimal visit grow or it could be a hidden but visit frequently grow. Either way you can't be found out or all is probably lost. Most growers do it on public lands or land not owned by them. Some growers grow illegally on their own land. They need to be the stealthiest of all.

I bring this up because it isn't fair to compare a 1 pound guerrilla plant (total success) to a 5-10 pound legal location back yard diva. If you are a guerrilla grower you can't really visit very much or it could be discovered. It is difficult but possible to get a OPOP this way. The more site prep you do or the more visits you make can pay off with bigger plants but can make discovery more likely. OPOP are more frequently achieved doing this.

Some people become very skilled at visiting their plants without leaving a trail. Some people become very skilled at preparing a site or choosing a site that doesn't require visits. Some people do both things very well.

Guerrilla growing a real nice looking bunch of pot plants and getting a smokable harvest is very hard to do. It is a really nice feeling of accomplishment. It is also an exciting adventure along the way. Everything is against you. The law wants to get you. The rippers want to steal your harvest. Mother Nature wants to test you.

If this sounds like what you do then you are a guerrilla grower.

M

metsäkana

yeah i grow in wild and try to use natural soil as much as i can but i need to collect it its really rare to find even 20-30cm of base soil need to collect it top of those rare spots or bring own.. ice age took our soil to lower europe all thats left is used to farming or are made.. not sure if its not so sucky at other places:D
i try to minimize my trips 1.plant 2.takemalesout 3.harvest but if its differents strains might need couple visits to get all males out and now i made extra work for little watering becouse spring was so dry, records breaking for sure.. would like to fertilize also only one time when i make the spot or when i go take the males top dress more.. soon i use only femmed if i can
this dryness is now effecting my tactic becouse topfeeds dont melt in sahara :D old spots are little better this year if they not in too dry area

djonkoman

Veteran
Apparently males showing female flowers are sought after for breeding. I can't remember why though. In the past I just destroyed them.

yeah I've heard about that, mostly in dj short's articles.
not sure if I believe it though. I rather play it safe and only use solid males(or reversed females).
although I did once use one in a cross I'm still working with, but it was the only 'male' with webbed duckfoot leaves I had available, no time to germ more, so if I hadn't used it I would've lost an entire year. so far no hermi's in the offspring, so either I'm lucky or maybe there's something to the theory of using hermi males.
but if I have other options I rather avoid them.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What Auto strain did you grow and are any of them regular seeds?
Sorry. Was distracted and didn't answer you.
Northern Lights Reg, Revolver Auto Fem, and a mystery strain and only grows 12" and a single cola. Don't even remember getting that one but the seeds have been around forever.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
People spend good amounts of money on seeds. They tend to plant them individually so they can nuture each one along in its' early stages. Then along comes Metsakana using the Johnny Appleseed toss down a handful of seeds method. LOL! j/k Metsakana you will probably have a fantastic guerrilla grow. I am hoping for the best for every grower in the thread. Do you grow in the wilds?

I have seed runs and buy some if I see something interesting. I always pick up seeds in bulk when I travel. For example, a pound of Honduran Landrace costs $250 from a local grower (same price as weed there). But I've been going there for a few years and have connections. If you have no connections they're likely to take your $250 and disappear. lol. I always promise more $$$ on delivery. I ship them via regular postal and FedEx. Sometimes you get them :), sometimes you don't :mad:.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm trying to do a lil of everything. I'm not legal by any means so it's kinda a double edge sword. Plus I'm not in the best health to walk to far in these Mtns, without a ATV to help. I've definatly got/want the backyard diva plants. I'm gonna do at least 4- 30 gal container, some 20,10,5gal pots kinda a range of different sizes I'm going put some plants in close by. I'd like to have 10-15 plants I can go to ever few days as needed. There not exactly in my backyard but I'll call them my backyard diva plants. And I've spent a lot of money on premium supplies for these plants so I've invested most into these.

Also the guerilla growing side. I can get out in the woods and put a few plants here and there. I'll have to walk for most of it. But I can't carry in large amounts of soil and supplies, like I'm doing with my 30gal containers. There's no way possible without atv transportation I can do that. So I'm gonna get a backpack and carry some amendments to my guerilla plots. I could maybe carry a 5gal bucket to closer guerilla spots. And I've got a place I'm gonna get dropped off at nite by car to do some planting I could bring some soil to for planting. I guess with the guerilla growing I've gotta do the best and be smart with supplies, and money on supplies. Make sure not to waste a ton of money. There's some rich soil outdoors in areas but mostly not enough sunlight to plant. I'm maybe gonna dig some up and transport to other guerilla sites I can get too. If I had a atv to get around it would make a ton of difference....maybe next yr.

militia420

Well thanks to good, legit Friends, they helped make that happen for me!

Received these in the mail today... Time to bring back that ewy gooey grape skunked hazey berry back into my life... my patients have smoked handfuls of strains from me and I never go a day without people asking me "man when are you ever gonna have that Sugar Punch available again?"... she really made a huge impact in everyone's lives that had the opportunity to experience her extreme potency and resin dripping sticky goodness that oozed out the end of every joint you would burn it her... There are 18 fem seeds, original breeder Pack, 2 mad scientist x Jackberry freebies the guy had also revived with his order and I am pretty sure he said the seeds were 3 or 4 years old. Already have them soaking in distilled water...

Make some more beans with her and put em out there for others to try her :). BTW, I did serious hunting for best ways to help germinate older seeds because of my old c99 F2's or F3's that hadn't been refrigerated and weren't popping well with the standard distilled water.

If you haven't popped them all in the water yet try scuffing them in a box with fine grit sandpaper first. Then there's a formula I'll have to look up but it's mainly coconut water, possibly a cup, to 1 shot distilled aloe juice, plus a drop of the super thrive grow solution, and a cap of hydrogen peroxide. Soak for 10-12 hours, take an adjustable wrench and carefully put one seed in at a time to gently squeeze the ridges of the seed and get the tip to crack open. This reduces the energy spent by the seed attempting to crack open. Then toss the cracked seed back into the solution for no more than 12 more hours. Gauge the time by the hardness and thickness of the shell. That's the general method I used that eventually gave me the lone F3 or F4 c99. I might try popping more of those seeds at some point but now they are 2 years older, but at least they've been in the fridge for those 2 years.

I'll post that old seed germination formula if I come across it. I'm going by memory cuz of a hard drive crash with that info saved =/. Good luck getting her growing. Any thing that's been non-refrigerated past 3 years starts to have serious viability drop off. Keep all your shit in the fridge if you can.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Dinafem Amnesia

picture.php

Hillbilly Roadkill

picture.php

Here is one of the two plants I ran the flowering experiment on... So far so good, veggin like it ain't no thing! The Skunk I had next to it died.. this one is in perfect health! This is ATW x SSH (bullet train)

picture.php

MountainBudz

Bullet Train after she got dusted with Sevin Dust

picture.php

Need more sunlight in a wooded or highly vegitated area without compromising your spot to aerial surveillance or helicopter flyovers? Dead vegetation, especially downed trees throws off a huge red flag. This is how we do it around here, basically LST for the tree... Tie those bastards over and open up a whole nother level of sunlight with rope, nylon string, etc...

picture.php

picture.php

Another lovely water source!

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

And my apologies for the sideways photos. Don't know why some of them do that and some don't.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Glad to see you paint your buckets. lol

I see people out here with bright orange Home Depot buckets and I'm like "WTF dude. Paint those fuckers. They're like GPS waypoints to your jail cell."

MountainBudz

Glad to see you paint your buckets. lol

I see people out here with bright orange Home Depot buckets and I'm like "WTF dude. Paint those fuckers. They're like GPS waypoints to your jail cell."

Lol for sure man. I see that shit too and I am always seeing people leave there shit laying around there grows. That is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. I paint mine in case I'm in a situation where I need to hide it quick. None of my supplies, tools, watering containers or anything is ever left close to my grows. I have stash houses built beaneath deep dens, caves, brush piles etc... There is one in every area of my grow but not close at all. I always take my supplies back to base when I'm done. That bucket needs a new paint job too btw.

MountainBudz

Make some more beans with her and put em out there for others to try her :). BTW, I did serious hunting for best ways to help germinate older seeds because of my old c99 F2's or F3's that hadn't been refrigerated and weren't popping well with the standard distilled water.

If you haven't popped them all in the water yet try scuffing them in a box with fine grit sandpaper first. Then there's a formula I'll have to look up but it's mainly coconut water, possibly a cup, to 1 shot distilled aloe juice, plus a drop of the super thrive grow solution, and a cap of hydrogen peroxide. Soak for 10-12 hours, take an adjustable wrench and carefully put one seed in at a time to gently squeeze the ridges of the seed and get the tip to crack open. This reduces the energy spent by the seed attempting to crack open. Then toss the cracked seed back into the solution for no more than 12 more hours. Gauge the time by the hardness and thickness of the shell. That's the general method I used that eventually gave me the lone F3 or F4 c99. I might try popping more of those seeds at some point but now they are 2 years older, but at least they've been in the fridge for those 2 years.

I'll post that old seed germination formula if I come across it. I'm going by memory cuz of a hard drive crash with that info saved =/. Good luck getting her growing. Any thing that's been non-refrigerated past 3 years starts to have serious viability drop off. Keep all your shit in the fridge if you can.
[/B]

I tried the sandpaper thing. I have already popped them all and nothing ever came of it. I have a couple more people on standby with sugar punch beans that are willing to send then to me. I'll try this next time.

MrBungle

Sevin dust is nasty shit, why would you put that on your plants?

I just saw an article saying to use self rising flour instead... I guess the way it works is once a bug eats plant material with self rising flour on it... the flour expands and the bug explodes.... need to do more research on this

MountainBudz

Sevin dust is nasty shit, why would you put that on your plants?

I just saw an article saying to use self rising flour instead... I guess the way it works is once a bug eats plant material with self rising flour on it... the flour expands and the bug explodes.... need to do more research on this

I've used carbaryl based products for over 17 years with no advesre reactions. Just the way I grow, bro. Not a tree hugger. I know when to use it and when to stop using it. It is not systemic and I don't use it in flowering. I've used all methods you can imagine from organic to non organic and decided to stick with what works best for me. I'm a smoker, cigarettes... There is tons more chemicals in each of those cigarettes than I'll ever put on my plants. Plus if you buy produce, canned food, actually anything at all from the store your getting trace amounts of bad shit too.... But my plants are chem free come harvest time. And I have been using this stuff forever and I see more honey bees this year than I have ever seen.

Different strokes for different folks. I have spent thousands on different organic methods etc only to find that I am barely keeping the problem at Bay... Organics are more attentive as well, I run much too large operations to be tending to each plant for over an hour each... When I can simply dust them and go in about my day and not have to worry for another 2 weeks.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's hard in Appalachia there's a bug infestation of every damn species know to man. I'm putting insect spray out everyday. I'm using some diamocoytous earth, neem oil and other shit....my plants are really small but on MountainBudz word I've got some Sevin to put out as well along with granular to hit the ground in these thick as Mtns. It's extremely bad for mites and everything down here guys and I know if MountainBudz is using it I'm gonna use it to because he know how bad the bugs are in these Mtns. Hell I'm using everything I can find and putting most of my money into fighting off the bugs/insects. I'm putting a lot into soil and amendments also, but I can't let these insects eat the leaves off my plants.

I've cut a lot of trees but I'm cutting them about 4-5 ft up the tree and what I can bend over and fix/tie down I'm doing that as well. It's hard to find 8hrs of direct sun back in the hollers and hills. I'm sure MountainBudz will/is attesting to that by his lst tie down small tree tops. I've got one good plot I've cleaned out good but these guerilla spots I'm tempted to take a chainsaw in a cut down a few trees. I think the bugs/and difficultly getting good sunlight all day is the biggest problem we have in Appalachia .....well the thieves, helicopters, damn it's all difficult especially in illegal states trying to grow a few good plants.

MrBungle

The label pdf on their site wouldn't load up for me... I wonder why?

I might be inclined to put some out on the vegetation around my plants, but I'd avoid direct contact with my plants.. Thats just me tho... It says for ornamentals, vegetables, fruits, and lawn on the product label, and it adds flowers in the website literature...

I'm skeptical with any pesticide anymore... good luck

MountainBudz

It's hard in Appalachia there's a bug infestation of every damn species know to man. I'm putting insect spray out everyday. I'm using some diamocoytous earth, neem oil and other shit....my plants are really small but on MountainBudz word I've got some Sevin to put out as well along with granular to hit the ground in these thick as Mtns. It's extremely bad for mites and everything down here guys and I know if MountainBudz is using it I'm gonna use it to because he know how bad the bugs are in these Mtns. Hell I'm using everything I can find and putting most of my money into fighting off the bugs/insects. I'm putting a lot into soil and amendments also, but I can't let these insects eat the leaves off my plants.

I've cut a lot of trees but I'm cutting them about 4-5 ft up the tree and what I can bend over and fix/tie down I'm doing that as well. It's hard to find 8hrs of direct sun back in the hollers and hills. I'm sure MountainBudz will/is attesting to that by his lst tie down small tree tops. I've got one good plot I've cleaned out good but these guerilla spots I'm tempted to take a chainsaw in a cut down a few trees. I think the bugs/and difficultly getting good sunlight all day is the biggest problem we have in Appalachia .....well the thieves, helicopters, damn it's all difficult especially in illegal states trying to grow a few good plants.

Yes that is true WV... Your guys climate and environment is identical to ours pretty much. Reason that I am having to tie stuff down is basically because I'm growing on new land and new areas. I wasn't aware of how thick some of my plots would get until everything really started kicking in growth and filling in. I was prepared for it though as I am used to this happening. The Appalachia is like the damn jungle. Hot, humid, dense, infested with bugs, and can be extremely dangerous. Your right, we have all the problems you listed plus how dangerous and risky it is to be doing this type of biz that we do as well.

What I have found works best for assuring you won't get into a spot that will later be filled in and covering angles of sunlight around your plot is to scout your potential grow areas the season before in late summer/early fall. If they are receiving substantial amounts of sunlight at that time then they will be receiving it the next year as well through the summer with the exception of maybe having to remove a new branch here and there.