What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Whenever I am in Ontario Tycho I always think it would be the ideal place to do 10's of thousands :tiphat:
I was like a dog chasing two squirrels trying to decide where to plant this year.

Lots of room brother. Come on over! I haven't even got close to the best spot that can hold an easy 5k. And you won't even have to water once. I thought about seed bombing it, but I have to keep shit realistic. lol

Pending legislation has hit prices some, but mostly because the illegal dispensaries are closing and the rest are getting hammered by the cops to make room for the government run shops. So there's a bit of a glut. The upside is that the closest government pot shop will be 3 hrs away in Kingston!!! None in the city. :biggrin: There's a lot of room for the government to mess up enough for prices to skyrocket. Last year LP (legal producers) were running OUT OF PRODUCT end of June! It's like watching someone learn to skate! (no offense. lol)

I remember picking up cousins from Holland who were spending the summer with us on the farm. They couldn't get over how much empty space there was between Toronto and Ottawa.

(driving for 3 hours)
"Are we almost there?"
"Three more hours"
(drive thru the city)
"Where did the city go?"
"Behind us. We have another hour to go off the hwy."
"Godverdomme"
:biggrin:

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tyco, are the holes you dig with the auger just a few inches in diameter?

Drill one hole 2 feet deep. Then move your dril in a large circular motion to loosen up the interior. Then I drill 4 holes in a box pattern around the first. You can do this in about 30-45 second if the soil isn't rock hard. A couple minutes if it is. When you're done, the hole should be about 12" on top, and 24" underground because of the reaming..

note that my shaft is slightly bent because I'm not delicate with it when digging sideways underground.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hillbilly

Hillbilly

Authentic Roadkill

Here is some of the leaf traits that are on the Kentucky Hillbilly Roadkill. I have around 39 females and 13 nice males so far. The ratio on these Hillbilly Roadkill beans are sick! 80% of what I popped have been all females. That's okay, I can't complain as I am looking for a momma cut or two or maybe even three to keep around. I have some guranteed male candidates to knock the gals up. Legit Roadkill is on its way folks. Stem rub even at early age is like walking outside on a hot humid rainy summer night and reaching down to rub your pooch only to find on a finger sniff out of suspicion, that he smells like a straight up wet dog putrid acrid acidic skunk spray that burns the senses. Some phenos have a strong oniony armpit pissy odor and some are on the burnt rubber animal musk funk level. ZERO sweetness in these magical, old school, rare breed gems. I am currently talking and collaborating with Swami Seeds about breeding with Gas's old school Roadkill cut. Patience and she will be around :biggrin:

And the vigor on these polecats are extremely present, the boost of photosynthesis they are receiving from the double serrations really shine thru. These originated from Mexico, from the hands of bikers. A few pounds were purchased by some hippies that were affiliated with Cornbread mafia here in Ky, they made a deal when they relocated from Cali to KY. It has been kept alive from a very close old senior friend of mine for all these years. I almost feel so blessed to have this opportunity to have my hands on these that it almost scares me. They are very versatile in any growth environment. Very bushy, very mild resistant plants that will adapt to the indoor growing op as well as it does in the outdoor. They are A+ outdoor warriors but I can't say that they finish early as some guerilla growers would prefer. Some phenos will run into late September and some won't be ready till November. The dominance is NLD. But in the future I plan on working a few crosses over to some earlier finishing outdoor gear. The Hillbilly Skunk will be the base of my breeding projects.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

I have a bunch of recent guerilla (planting) photos I have taken in the last couple weeks that I will posting soon. My other phone the photos are on is dead right now. I have been sitting here for over 2 hours waiting on the rain to slack and it finally has. Fixing to head out and drop several transplants in their final holes tonight. You guys wait till you see the big indoor vegged plants that has been vegging since early Feb. They are huge and finally got them adjusted down to the outdoor light schedule so they are safe to go out now. Man I am hoping at least a couple pounds a piece of those particular ones. They are guerilla yes, but right next to a creek and in very well amended large holes so watering, feeding, or just general basic tending, etc is not an issue with them either. They are loving me base nutrient for the soil this year ( Espoma Tomato Tone, dolomite lime, water polymer crystals, hay bales compost, EWC, mushroom compost, native soil and recycled promix from last year)... The recycled soil is doing great, have not had any issues from it. It shouldn't have much salt build up in it as it was all dumped into a HUGE pile over the winter and been flushed out by heavy rains. Also last year most of my outdoor containers was fed organically. No containers this year for the big girls, only for the late season clones. I have always free in the ground and in the last 3 years have been more in favor of containers, they do grow nice manageable plants. However nothing ever compared to my old in ground yeilds, plus the watering and feeding in containers is a bitch to say the least.

Stay tuned fellas! :tiphat:

MountainBudz

Drill one hole 2 feet deep. Then move your dril in a large circular motion to loosen up the interior. Then I drill 4 holes in a box pattern around the first. You can do this in about 30-45 second if the soil isn't rock hard. A couple minutes if it is. When you're done, the hole should be about 12" on top, and 24" underground because of the reaming..
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76735&pictureid=1854485]View Image[/url]
note that my shaft is slightly bent because I'm not delicate with it when digging sideways underground.

I use mine now for soil mixing and rarely planting anymore. However, they are still extremely handy. The more torque the drill has, the better the garden auger will work. I have had mine for 3 years now and no bends or warps yet (knock on wood)... IMO after 16 years of digging non stop holes I am just plain used to it. It's a job for me and I enjoy doing the hands on digging. I finally found a shovel that no other one I have ever used competes with, and I will never look back.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I use a paint mixer to mix also. Works great. I'm getting up there in years and swore I'd never dig another hole by hand again. But I dug holes old school yesterday. A buddy just bought a hobby farm so I gave him 10 plants as a house warming gift. His place used to be a small working egg farm a hundred years ago. We dug 3'x3' holes where the manure pile used to sit, and mixed up a nice bed right in the holes. That's going to be nice to watch, and that coop will be a great place to process.

I have a modified ice auger that you could drive a truck over and it wouldn't bend. That beast digs a mean hole and fast as hell, but it's also heavy as shit to carry and is really hard on the batteries. If I'm not going far I'll use it. I can do 50-75 holes with two batteries depending on the soil. You'll come home with blisters for sure.

Last edited:

iTarzan

What are you putting out?

I usually put out a selection of clones I run inside that I know will do well outside and finish in time. Then I also like to put out a few new things.

I will put out ...

4 Chem d
6 SSH
6 Krinkle
8 bag seed 8 week killer weed clones
2 Cherry Cookies
2 Strawberry Wookie
1 GSC
1 OGKB
1 OGKB 2.0
1 Triangle og
1 Irene

SSH can easily yield 2 lbs a plant. I am told cherry cookies and strawberry wookie are both big yielders indoors. Krinkle is the real old school clone. They are not big yielders but the smoke is potent and has an unusual taste and smell. Very nice smoke. Chem d is a real good yielder and can be 1 or 2 pound plants. The need support. The bag seed clones are 7-8 weeks indoors and they do the same outside. Done before Oct 1. If all goes well they could be season makers. They will probably be the biggest yielders. They are an indica/sativa hybrid. They have super bag appeal and have a strong motivating high.

The others are experimental. I never did them outside before. Triangle og is the best of the best. OGKB 2.0 is supposedly a big yielder and very potent.

Could be a nice October if mother nature helps me out and I avoid the cops and the rippers.

MountainBudz

I usually put out a selection of clones I run inside that I know will do well outside and finish in time. Then I also like to put out a few new things.

I will put out ...

4 Chem d
6 SSH
6 Krinkle
2 Cherry Cookies
2 Strawberry Wookie
1 GSC
1 OGKB
1 OGKB 2.0
1 Triangle og
1 Irene

SSH can easily yield 2 lbs a plant. I am told cherry cookies and strawberry wookie are both big yielders indoors. Krinkle is the real old school clone. They are not big yielders but the smoke is potent and has an unusual taste and smell. Very nice smoke. Chem d is a real good yielder and can be 1 or 2 pound plants. The need support. The bag seed clones are 7-8 weeks indoors and they do the same outside. Done before Oct 1. If all goes well they could be season makers. They will probably be the biggest yielders. They are an indica/sativa hybrid. They have super bag appeal and have a strong motivating high.

The others are experimental. I never did them outside before. Triangle og is the best of the best. OGKB 2.0 is supposedly a big yielder and very potent.

Could be a nice October if mother nature helps me out and I avoid the cops and the rippers.

Nice lineup buddy. I would love to get hold of that OGKB 2.0. I hear it's great bud, also the triangle would be nice. I have been promised cuts of both and still have not received anything but I'm not complaining. Lol I am really just addicted to popping seeds and pheno hunting my own arsenal. However I still love my clones and trading around.

MountainBudz

I will put out ...

4 Chem d
6 SSH
6 Krinkle
2 Cherry Cookies
2 Strawberry Wookie
1 GSC
1 OGKB
1 OGKB 2.0
1 Triangle og
1 Irene

What SSH are you running? Is it one you have personally selected from seed? If so is it Mr. Nice gear or Greenhouse? Or other?

I have a few different SSH crosses going and SSH itself. The CCS " Bullet Train" arcata Trainwreck x SSH are kicking ass outdoors this far. They are gonna be huge. I am only getting two different phenos really. Some are SSH Dom and some are ATW Dom.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

I will put out ...

4 Chem d
6 SSH
6 Krinkle
2 Cherry Cookies
2 Strawberry Wookie
1 GSC
1 OGKB
1 OGKB 2.0
1 Triangle og
1 Irene

Wow. Nice lineup!

militia420

Shit, I'm over here worried about how the smell from one, two, or heaven forbid three plants might be carried by the wind and be smelled from 150 yards away... (there's a very popular trail about that far away at its closest point).

That scares me enough to almost make me not want to plant there. But I've also got some C99 seeds for stealth purposes (apparently they're pretty mild on the smell front). I've got one spot where I want to put just one that someone will pass by a few times while mowing their fields. On one side it's about 50 yards' distance, about 35 yards' distance on two more sides. I'm debating not planting there at all.

Then again, perhaps I can only hope that the C99 doesn't stink much.

Dude you're totally safe with C99. It smells like heaven when you get within 20 feet maybe 25, going from recollection on the biggest ones I grew outside about 18 years ago. It's just this fucking awesome mouth watering fruit smell. No skunk. Nothing that I would say would raise red flags for people who've encountered the skunk smell of some commercial bud. I think I posted in this thread about some one off roading and coming within 3 feet of running over a 3-4ft plant. I don't know how they didn't notice it other than every thing was lush around it and the 4 others in that area.

Fruity smelling plants and sativas are generally safe so far as odor goes from my experience. Some one can probably cite a skunky sativa but I'm sleep deprived and can't think of any, plus I've only had one really skunky plant since I've mostly grown c99. It was a ladyg cross and that thing smelled so god damned strong I know every one in the apartment complex knew someone was growing, even with a strong carbon filter. You walked into my apartment and the smell just slammed you. I had to chop it as soon as I found out it was a male because the odor was scaring the shit out of me, but man do I wish I got some pollen and seeds from that one. Lost the line and those ladyg seeds were gifts. Easy come easy go I guess...

militia420

I learned about layering from silverbacks thread on yield increasing planting method. He describes regular layering and air layering is essentially the same concept just on the plant above ground right?

I keep hearing about silverback but haven't found these threads people are talking about. Can someone link his useful threads here for my dumb ass?

iTarzan

The SSH is the Shantibaba cut that won the HTCC in 1998 and 1999 for Green House seeds. Shantibaba was co-owner and put Green House Seeds on the map. It can finish in 9 weeks but I usually take it to around 70 days.

I just got the OGKB 2.0 myself.

Dday391

Take the links in his signature. Probably the most I've learned from any site in 8 years. Very valuable information in Julians thread. I'm sure there are people that have hard copies of some of that info. I don't have the resources to accomplish anything like that but it helps put things into perspective. How much are you really investing and how much you want to put on the line to make a payday. And how can you realistically make that work out. Plus with the silverback thread there's like 15 threads all in one place. I'm grateful that this info was all shared here. There's zero chance I would have ever been able to find any of this information through people I know in person. I'm definitely thankful for those contributions.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What amazes me is how freely information is offered without condescending remarks. "No question is stupid" and new growers are coached and encouraged to kill their first grow. That's a community reminiscent of the flower power. Alive and well.