What's new

Guarding clone only strains

G

SmokeRings said:
LOL. while hosting banners to sell cannabis seeds & paraphenelia? somehow I doubt that. Im just saying though the influence of money as everywhere, so while its nice to see soo many idealistic people, you've gotta wake up and smell the coffee.

alright man, i woke up and smelled the coffee years ago with the emergence of the internet came the emergence of banner advertisements. how do you expect a site to run without recieving money from patrons?

no shit, lots of people making money off of clones are greedy. i've known this for years. saying gypsy is greedy is the stupidest shit i have ever heard, he is the most giving person in the seed business, hands down.

i share whatever strains i have with my friends. i dont need to be lectured on the values of sharing with a community because ever strain i get is shared freely and without expecting compensation. thats how i do things but (wake up!) in the real world, not everybody is so generous.

Guest423

Veteran
scrappy420 said:
that's not sharing then is it?

By the way, I have blue monkey balls a real deal at $60,000 a clone!

Joke-mods-joke!

when you quote me make sure to add the rest of what i said....i said people do share...just not certain genetics ....especially not with the whole world and just anyone who asks.....you'd share your soda with your gf but you wouldn't share it with some dude in the mall you didn't know.

I didnt say gypsy was greedy did I, you're putting words in my mouth. The same policy is in effect at *****, and I point out that not only these two forums, but the vasty majority of growing sites have some sort of vested interest in your money, either directly or indirectly (banners). I know very well you cant run a forum without MONEY, but im saying money is the reason for the no trading policies, not legality as he was pointing out. think about who stands to lose, and how much, if the market gets flooded with killer genetics that are being passed around for free. im sure guys like rezdawg would be overjoyed

G

you said "Even those who are running cannabis forums like this are trying to stop us from sharing..."

im not putting words in your mouth, that is the connection i made with your statement. can you really not see how this could potentially be taken as a stab at gypsy. :chin: sure, many places give away seeds now but how long have you been ordering beans? i know gypsy was the first one i ever ordered through that sent me FREE high quality beans,

reeferman used to have a pay-it-forward subforum on his board where people would give away cuttings to other members. this had to be shut down due to increased police interest in his board and its members. he is a popular breeder. why would he set up something for people to GIVE away clones instead of purchasing seeds from him?

THE RULES ARE ABOUT LEGALITY AND BOARD MEMBER'S SAFETY.

Last edited:

BISCUIT

Indiscriminately sharing/selling genetics in seed or clone form will ultimately end in a bottlenecked gene pool.

stealthballer

any strain I have will be a gift of any grower I meet who I think will take care of it.

a good strain is like art and should be shared with the world.

funny thing is about 5 years ago I mixed all my seeds up so I have hundred of awesome seeds without a clue as to their names. Names are marketing and mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

all I know is which mom is a trippy high which is a couchlock and I only keep the one bowl and your done moms anyways.

is a rose by another name not as sweet?

Last edited:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
BISCUIT said:
Indiscriminately sharing/selling genetics in seed or clone form will ultimately end in a bottlenecked gene pool.

It's possible for the public to get seeds and clones and grow them and the seed sellers to do well as long as they still do line breeding and stay busy finding new flavors.

For thousands of years there was mixing of different strains. WHy should it stop now with the exception of breeders?

CharasMan

"Elite" clones are overhyped

"Elite" clones are overhyped

You guys make me laugh! Of course growers holding elite clones like Sour Diesel and OG Kush don't owe it to anyone to share. The travesty here is that when these people do give out cuts they ask the people on the recieving end to not share, which is quite selfish and pathetic. What harm will come with a person hiving out some clones to someone he or she trusts?

Basically people holding elite clones want to feel important, as though they're superior to someone who gets great bud from $15 Nirvana seeds. They further overhype these clone only strains with their ridiculous posts about how these strains are greatest thing since slice bread! I cannot believe people do not recognize the magnitude of the over hype they place on these clones. Any grower can buy a pack of beans from a trusted breeder and get a great phenotype that packs a wallop and smokes great, it isn't exactly rocket science.

Basically, what I'm trying to say here is that DO NOT buy into the hype of these clones. Sure they're great, but you can just as well spend some money on some quality beans that'll probably have some keeper phenotypes that are just as good as OG Kush, or any strains that's related to the Chemdawg.

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
One other thing. Ten seeds will get an ok pheno but 40 or 50 seeds will get the workhorse you want. Instead of getting nine packs of seeds, get three packs of three types each. You will get a better chance of the killer pheno. Breeders photograph the best bud in the garden for the seedpack. This is just good marketing but the rule is, the more seeds, the better.

SuckaFree

scrappy420 said:
One other thing. Ten seeds will get an ok pheno but 40 or 50 seeds will get the workhorse you want. Instead of getting nine packs of seeds, get three packs of three types each. You will get a better chance of the killer pheno. Breeders photograph the best bud in the garden for the seedpack. This is just good marketing but the rule is, the more seeds, the better.

Very well put my man, :respect: this is something more people need to understand....You can get three packs of one strain from a GOOD breeder, and you can have something just as good and sometimes better than the "eilites"

SuckaFree :joint:

BISCUIT said:

Please explain this. I think this is a ridiculous comment. What "bottle necks" the gene pool is doing crosses that do not result in F1 hybrids.

:ying:

stealthballer

BISCUIT said:
^^Thanks for making my point about bottlenecking

its so much bigger than your opinion.

good weed is good weed, some breeders hit and some don't you holding what they found higher than anything else holds us all back. You don't knwo the first thing about genetics if you think everyone else having the best weed in the wolrd will somehow take away from it. the best is the best, and it is our duty as humans to want to share it with everyone around us. names dont mean shit. I used to be a strain snob too, for the greater good market saturation of superior genetics is the best thing for everyone.

Latest posts

Latest posts