What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

M

Mr D

Moose please let Gry know that weekdays at 4am is usually a good time to go a busy emergency room. If it is busy in the ER, complaints of chest pain will get you seen by the triage nurse very quickly.

He's probably looking at an EKG, some blood work and IV fluids for starters. He really has nothing to fear since he can refuse any treatments, tests or meds he wishes and can leave at any time.

He probably would be best served by skipping the clinic and go to the best hospital in his area. The stress of dealing with the clinic which I suspect will be under equipped to treat him and most likely suggest an ER visit, will probably end up being worse than just going to the ER.

M

moose eater

Thanks D. his memories of taking his wife to the ER, long ago, and waiting for lengthy periods, in an uncomfortable situation, is an unpleasant memory for him. But I'll let him know your input, and I know his pain has included his chest.

Seems a shame that we're now in a state of affairs where amplifying symptoms of specific sort, is what may be necessary to get in to see necessary support more expediently.

As far as medical advice or direction, the pros can become passive-aggressive once you question their superior wisdom (hopefully he might see someone whose ethics and professionalism are greater attributes than their ego, but...).

He has the right to refuse anything he wishes, and he knows that, but previous experiences with his kidney issues, and asking for testing early in his cancer, only to be treated like a drug-seeker (despite not asking for any drugs back then) are also things that weigh on his mind a bit.

In truth,. I've seen medical pros whose egos weren't in-check, stamp a big 'AMA' on a file, and further service became more bristly.

Several reasons why I really wish he had an advocate or witness to attend his visit with him, where ever it takes place.

But thanks, and as soon as I speak with him, I'll be sure to relate your input.

Take care.

M

Mr D

If he likes he can give me a call. I can PM you a number if he is comfortable with the idea.

I also had a very unpleasant experience at the ER with my wife about 16 years ago. They came within a whisper of killing her with arrogance and ignorance. Keep in mind this was at one of the countries top 10 ranked hospitals.

M

moose eater

Thanks D.

I just spoke with Gry, and he's been fairly nauseous, taking soaks in the tub to try and get his system under control. Was unable to keep liquids, etc., down for a bit, leading back into dehydration to a degree, though not as severe, and clearly lucid, especially in contrast to the worst of it last week. Very coherent at the moment, in fact. And has been for the most part over the last 2-3 days.

He thinks your suggestion may be correct, but at this point, he's intending to try for the Wednesday emergency slot appointment at the clinic, via the competition phone-dialing routine tomorrow morning at 8 A.M..

He said if the nausea returns the way it was earlier, or other symptoms become more pronounced/untenable, he may try the ER. He believes it's 1/2 hour by car, so maybe 1' to 1' 20"" by bus. The hospital/ER he'd head to is run by the same corporation as the clinic.

Thanks again.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Privatized Healthcare is Slanted

Privatized Healthcare is Slanted

I would stand as power of attorney if he were anywhere near.

I hate how it has to be but one's help is often best administered in concert with others'.

I detest the very idea of falling on the arms of the industry but am also well aware of the true intention of many in the field that don't consider wealth being correlated with health.

Just like jury nullification we can overcome.

I love you Gry and if I can I will.

M

moose eater

Thanks mustard.

Gry phoned at about 9:30 A.M. Alaska time. He'd had another night of challenging symptoms, lost out on the competitive phone-dialing to get an emergency appointment slot with the clinic he'd gone to the other day, and is contemplating making a move toward the ER, whether in the wee hours, as Mr. D had suggested, or when necessity strikes, but he's thinking through it.

He's in the driver's seat on this, though my fear is that lots of contemplation can lead to time spent, and a late start toward things that need attention. I'm a Olympic-grade procrastinator myself, and know that move quite well.

My own mantra and ethics are that none of us owns another's walk. Help is only help if it's wanted. If not, it's a projection of values onto another. There's recent stories from childhood friends that hammer that home, but I'll abstain from the detractions.

Gry saw the on-set of the pitfalls of dehydration setting in last night, and was able to intervene in ways that few I know could manage. He's a courageous individual. Nausea, and difficulty keeping liquids down, leading to dehydration, have caused Gry to invoke creative but effective means by which to attain balance, and rehydrate. Seeing that circumstance coming on, and acting before it takes a more serious toll, are key.

When we spoke, he was sipping on some blueberry tea that a kind soul on ICMag had sent to him, and was very coherent.

A third-party who has been very helpful in this had offered to be his contact. Unfortunately, they appear to have gone MIA, have not replied in several days, and I am now concerned for them, too.

I'm readying gear, etc., for our dip-net trip, but as of this A.M., we're not leaving until Thursday A.M., hopefully early. My energy is much lower these days than it once was, so many things I plan to do, either get pushed back, or sometimes cancelled. That should give time for the MIA person to contact either Gry or I, or ?????

In the interim, Gry, as stated before, has a phone, can ring 911 if the need strikes, and appears to be self-aware enough to know when things are going too badly, should he perceive the need to call an ambulance.

He's a grown guy, very wise and intelligent, and he's promised to make efforts to keep stroking, though that is a private or personal decision for each of us at some point in life.

Thanks for everyone who has made life a bit easier for Gry. He is thankful beyond words.

M

moose eater

Last post for a while unless something major occurs.

I can't remember who's who in the gifting realm. Some of that is a blur.

But Gry would like you to know y'all are amazing. He opened his door, and found yet another several cases of bottled water.

He wanted to see Alaska, and particularly the canyon on the Copper River where we dip-net, so I sent him 17 pics of various seasons, many shot by a pro photog friend.

He's clear and lucid, not reeling in the pain he was earlier. He's sorting through pics now, and drinking H2O and blueberry tea when able.

Numeric serendipity says that my post #2345 is it for a bit, again, unless something happens 'needing' greater volume.

YUUUUGE thanks to everyone who has prayed, offered positive thoughts, meditations, goods, services, or what have you. IT ALL MATTERED A LOT to Gry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295ayRMwKnA
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...ful+dead+accoustic+ripple&btnK=Google+Search#

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You have my positive energies directed towards you that you make a strong recovery and can continue all that you enjoy to do. Blessed be brother and hope to see that you get better

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
YUUUUGE thanks to everyone who has prayed, offered positive thoughts, meditations, goods, services, or what have you. IT ALL MATTERED A LOT to Gry.

..... looks like our prayers and caring are working, glad to see Gry's getting back on his feet!

buzzmobile

Veteran
We are all on the same journey with you, Gry. I cannot help but think of you often these days. Breathe deeply, my friend.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Sweet Sleep, Gry

You thought the leaden winter
Would bring you down forever
But you rode upon a steamer
To the violence of the sun
And the colors of the sea
Blind your eyes with trembling mermaids
And you touch the distant beaches
With tales of brave Ulysses
How his naked ears were tortured