What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

M

moose eater

Yep. None of us has any permanence, or a functioning crystal ball.

He may get stabilized through all of this, and find more time than he or others suspect.

And in the interim, there's been a sharing of energy, electricity in each of us, literally, that responds to experiences, input, feed back, actions, etc.

There's something in that, whether spiritual, or what.

He has a community interacting with him, even if twice removed, that is there if/when he reaches out, and for what ever reason, that has helped him to feel some increased need or desire to improve his situation, beyond where he was a week ago.

He's been a strong person for years. His patience, struggles, etc., all demonstrate that.

And now he knows he has some friends, too.

Thanks all.:tiphat:

M

Mr D

A simple act of kindness can be so up lifting.

M.E. I hope you and the Mrs. had an enjoyable anniversary.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Pm's, emails and phone calls, allowing Gry to focus on his health.

M

moose eater

Thanks Mr. D.

Gry's a friend..

I hope that if I'm ever alone, suffering, in need, etc., that I will have a friend who will call, or hold my hand, and talk with me as I face what ever it is being contended with..

That electricity that flies through our systems in re. to exchanges, positive or negative, is multi-directional. And in helping Gry, or anyone else, I suspect everyone who has pitched in has felt a boost within themselves; not of ego, per se', but of well-being, even if tempered with some amount of somberness..

In humor, but real, Gry's phone is a pre-paid, and by the minute, though I wasn't keenly aware of that until yesterday. I don't text. Haven't even tried much since 2011, when I made a failed stab at it out of necessity.

His phone plan, and circumstances, have now caused me to better my texting ability with my tiny flip-phone. Still takes me a half-hour to produce a decipherable, properly-punctuated message, but I know how some of those mysterious functions work now. "Necessity is the mother of invention" or of discovery of things previously left alone. ;^>) That was one tangible gift from Gry. ;^>)

M

moose eater

He was on-line last night, briefly, trout. Or maybe this morning. I didn't look carefully at the time-stamp. But I saw that he'd been on-line and at the forums.

He'd intended to go into the clinic today, but he phoned again, not long ago (20-30 minutes maybe?), & he's feeling some degree of concern about what would occur if he headed into the clinic today; when he'd be seen, how long away from home, etc.

I'll talk with him soon, I suspect, Probably after he gets done on the phone with the clinic.

I'll let him know you inquired re. his being back on-line.

M

moose eater

Gary PMed (so yes, he's on-line again, trout), and then phoned.

He spoke with a nurse who directed him to a clinic he's been to before, for Monday morning, where they'll accept his insurance, alleviating some of his more recent concerns, and paving the way for labs, etc.

He's up-beat, has some pain, but is confident he can tread water until Monday.

M

moose eater

The day that frequently has me hearing the Count from Sesame St., singing The Mommas & The Papas' tune in my mind's ear. You had to be there, I guess...

"Munday, Munday.. so good to ...." but with the Count's voice.. ;^>)

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: I have to smile when I think of this guy moose eater, he really values long-term relationships and loyalty,
good friend, married 35 yrs, 54K dial-up AND a flip phone! :laughing::tiphat:

SolarLogos

laughing.gif
I have to smile when I think of this guy moose eater, he really values long-term relationships and loyalty,
good friend, married 35 yrs, 54K dial-up AND a flip phone!
laughing.gif
tiphat.gif

Thanks Mr. D.

Gry's a friend..

I hope that if I'm ever alone, suffering, in need, etc., that I will have a friend who will call, or hold my hand, and talk with me as I face what ever it is being contended with..

That electricity that flies through our systems in re. to exchanges, positive or negative, is multi-directional. And in helping Gry, or anyone else, I suspect everyone who has pitched in has felt a boost within themselves; not of ego, per se', but of well-being, even if tempered with some amount of somberness..

In humor, but real, Gry's phone is a pre-paid, and by the minute, though I wasn't keenly aware of that until yesterday. I don't text. Haven't even tried much since 2011, when I made a failed stab at it out of necessity.

His phone plan, and circumstances, have now caused me to better my texting ability with my tiny flip-phone. Still takes me a half-hour to produce a decipherable, properly-punctuated message, but I know how some of those mysterious functions work now. "Necessity is the mother of invention" or of discovery of things previously left alone. ;^>) That was one tangible gift from Gry. ;^>)
I too only have a flip phone. The only time it rings is if my wife is out and calling me, otherwise, no need to turn it on or carry it, no home phone and no one disturbs my peace. I wouldn't have it any other way at my age.
Peace, God bless
Ps. Sorry to get off track

M

moose eater

Gry texted this A.M. Said he had a rough night, and was trying to drink a hot cup of water. Thanked me for reminding him to stay hydrated. He's got his extract on-hand for comfort, and though it's dwindling, it's there, with more coming, and he can make some for himself.

I believe that the extract that's on the way is purported to contain a better array and ratio of CBD/THC, in contrast to his recently home-rendered version. That's not ever been my forte', and leave that up to the pro who is sending him help.
-------------------------------

Re. the compliments, thanks folks.

As I told another member the other day, I have a litany of "I shouldn't have done/said that" in my past..... and not-so-distant past. Some of it haunting.

I try to regard some opportunities as a way to turn some of that less shiny karma around, while being true to what I think needs to be done..

Yes, I'm stuck in my ways, but these days I've kicked unkind or small-minded people loose at the drop of a hat, distancing them pretty notably. Took me many years to learn that.

With a fair bit of loss at a young age, and other graphic stimuli, cutting loose of -any- significant relationship was kryptonite for me, to the point of, back then, maintaining self-destructive relationships.

Depending on the situation, I can still struggle with that. We're hard-wired for social contact, but that contact is double-edged, and can be as fulfilling as it can be destructive at times.

Accurately picking which one is which can make for a whole different outcome in quality of life.

The immediacy with which life or relationships can be taken away can be something that leaves a mark for a long time.

As a stickler for accuracy, though, and already having misspoken facts that weren't, at least a couple times in this thread, I've only been married 30 years, though we cohabitated most of a year before that. There's been plenty of times one or the other of us mumbled or shouted, "Fuck you!! I'm leaving." but didn't, for better or for worse.

My 56k functions at about 12k currently. Seriously. I go do chores to allow time for modest pages to load.

I've rebelled against big smart phones with glass screens, having watched my older son shatter the screens, or accidentally dump his phone in water/wet snow, on about 15 of them. No BS. That, and the computer age, which I clearly stay peripheral to, but am now a part of, has changed all of our lives. Borders sometimes know more about where I've been than I can remember. Youngsters with blemishes on their records will never have the forgiveness of time that those of us who grew up in the 'paper era' have known, for those times we stepped sideways..

But thank you, seriously. There's a whole lot of folks in this world who DON'T appreciate me, as you can imagine the way I type, is a lesser version of my verbal communication style.. Goes back to a pressure-relief valve kind of thing, again as a youngster.

I know my sins, as well as some better moments, too. I figure Socrates' advice was the key.

I think the bottom line, for me, is what I've told my kids over the years; "What ever we do in this life, what ever we make, say, etc., our name's on it. It reflects whether or not we gave a shit. If you've had any profile in life at all, when you pass, there'll be plenty of folks trying to misrepresent who you were and what you stood for. No reason to give any of them any ammunition."

But thank you, again. My younger son, for Father's Day, bought me a giant 5' diameter, round dip-net for more stationary salmon netting, though it isn't of the sort to make it down narrow or steep trails to choice, more distant spots. So we may trade it in on one that breaks down further/smaller. He and I may be able to head out maybe this Tuesday or Wednesday, to try and fill the walk-in smoker and part of a freezer with some sockeye, and, if we're lucky, the 1 king salmon we get to keep.

While I'm gone for that trip, if someone who Gry knows and trusts could step in to a primary contact role, that'd be very cool. There's no sufficient cell signal where we gather our salmon, and my satellite phone is sometimes hampered by the hills/mountains there.

Thanks again. I'm touched by all of this effort, and the praise this morning.

Badfishy1

Gry texted this A.M. Said he had a rough night, and was trying to drink a hot cup of water. Thanked me for reminding him to stay hydrated. He's got his extract on-hand for comfort, and though it's dwindling, it's there, with more coming, and he can make some for himself.

I believe that the extract that's on the way is purported to contain a better array and ratio of CBD/THC, in contrast to his recently home-rendered version. That's not ever been my forte', and leave that up to the pro who is sending him help.
-------------------------------

Re. the compliments, thanks folks.

As I told another member the other day, I have a litany of "I shouldn't have done/said that" in my past..... and not-so-distant past. Some of it haunting.

I try to regard some opportunities as a way to turn some of that less shiny karma around, while being true to what I think needs to be done..

Yes, I'm stuck in my ways, but these days I've kicked unkind or small-minded people loose at the drop of a hat, distancing them pretty notably. Took me many years to learn that.

With a fair bit of loss at a young age, and other graphic stimuli, cutting loose of -any- significant relationship was kryptonite for me, to the point of, back then, maintaining self-destructive relationships.

Depending on the situation, I can still struggle with that. We're hard-wired for social contact, but that contact is double-edged, and can be as fulfilling as it can be destructive at times.

Accurately picking which one is which can make for a whole different outcome in quality of life.

The immediacy with which life or relationships can be taken away can be something that leaves a mark for a long time.

As a stickler for accuracy, though, and already having misspoken facts that weren't, at least a couple times in this thread, I've only been married 30 years, though we cohabitated most of a year before that. There's been plenty of times one or the other of us mumbled or shouted, "Fuck you!! I'm leaving." but didn't, for better or for worse.

My 56k functions at about 12k currently. Seriously. I go do chores to allow time for modest pages to load.

I've rebelled against big smart phones with glass screens, having watched my older son shatter the screens, or accidentally dump his phone in water/wet snow, on about 15 of them. No BS. That, and the computer age, which I clearly stay peripheral to, but am now a part of, has changed all of our lives. Borders sometimes know more about where I've been than I can remember. Youngsters with blemishes on their records will never have the forgiveness of time that those of us who grew up in the 'paper era' have known, for those times we stepped sideways..

But thank you, seriously. There's a whole lot of folks in this world who DON'T appreciate me, as you can imagine the way I type, is a lesser version of my verbal communication style.. Goes back to a pressure-relief valve kind of thing, again as a youngster.

I know my sins, as well as some better moments, too. I figure Socrates' advice was the key.

I think the bottom line, for me, is what I've told my kids over the years; "What ever we do in this life, what ever we make, say, etc., our name's on it. It reflects whether or not we gave a shit. If you've had any profile in life at all, when you pass, there'll be plenty of folks trying to misrepresent who you were and what you stood for. No reason to give any of them any ammunition."

But thank you, again. My younger son, for Father's Day, bought me a giant 5' diameter, round dip-net for more stationary salmon netting, though it isn't of the sort to make it down narrow or steep trails to choice, more distant spots. So we may trade it in on one that breaks down further/smaller. He and I may be able to head out maybe this Tuesday or Wednesday, to try and fill the walk-in smoker and part of a freezer with some sockeye, and, if we're lucky, the 1 king salmon we get to keep.

While I'm gone for that trip, if someone who Gry knows and trusts could step in to a primary contact role, that'd be very cool. There's no sufficient cell signal where we gather our salmon, and my satellite phone is sometimes hampered by the hills/mountains there.

Thanks again. I'm touched by all of this effort, and the praise this morning.

Thanks for everything moose! Happy Father’s Day!

M

moose eater

Gry's doing OK, as stated above in the first part of my post, he had a rough night, is trying to stay warm (hot baths) and stay hydrated (cold grapefruit juice and hot/warm cups of H2O).

Doing OK, the last time we texted this A.M., and treading water until he goes in for labs/assessment tomorrow morning.

M

moose eater

Gry reported this morning that he had no sleep last night, and then, as he was getting ready to head out for the clinic visit earlier this morning, he was overwhelmed by a somewhat separate set of physical maladies.

He's since re-gathered himself, cleaned himself up for the journey at hand, and is intending to head to the clinic within the hour. Said he'd stay in touch with outcome(s).

Re. the generous person who sent him the multiple cases of bottled H2O, they arrived on Saturday. He was very humbled and thankful.

I hope to hear back from Gry within several hours or so. Maybe a bit more. He has some understandable anxiety about going to inquire within the more formal medical system, and is worried that he may not maintain as much control over outcomes or decisions as are supposed to be his.

We talked about his having an advocate or witness to accompany him, and he doesn't have such a person available to him..

We talked about him writing up lists to take to the clinic, of symptoms, needs, desires, those things he's uncertain of, etc., to present to whom ever he meets with, as many of us can forget to include everything we need or want to in many circumstances, from store trips to clinic visits..

I've sent out a message to a person with whom Gry has had a fair bit of text or other contact, asking them if they would step into the text/phone contact role, for the time I'm gone, both this week (if all goes as planned), and in mid-July, when we plan to be away for about 10 days (+/-). I haven't heard back yet. Don't know if they've checked their messages or not.

He said he doesn't want to start the process of thanking everyone until he's more certain of where he is in this ordeal. He's very moved by the efforts that have occurred for him.

Thanks to everyone who has sent support for Gry, in one form or another.

Apologies for my lengthy response to a more personal desire yesterday to make descriptions more accurate, and with specificity that I could have omitted.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gry reported this morning that he had no sleep last night, and then, as he was getting ready to head out for the clinic visit earlier this morning, he was overwhelmed by a somewhat separate set of physical maladies.

He's since re-gathered himself, cleaned himself up for the journey at hand, and is intending to head to the clinic within the hour. Said he'd stay in touch with outcome(s).

Re. the generous person who sent him the multiple cases of bottled H2O, they arrived on Saturday. He was very humbled and thankful.

I hope to hear back from Gry within several hours or so. Maybe a bit more. He has some understandable anxiety about going to inquire within the more formal medical system, and is worried that he may not maintain as much control over outcomes or decisions as are supposed to be his.

We talked about his having an advocate or witness to accompany him, and he doesn't have such a person available to him..

We talked about him writing up lists to take to the clinic, of symptoms, needs, desires, those things he's uncertain of, etc., to present to whom ever he meets with, as many of us can forget to include everything we need or want to in many circumstances, from store trips to clinic visits..

I've sent out a message to a person with whom Gry has had a fair bit of text or other contact, asking them if they would step into the text/phone contact role, for the time I'm gone, both this week (if all goes as planned), and in mid-July, when we plan to be away for about 10 days (+/-). I haven't heard back yet. Don't know if they've checked their messages or not.

He said he doesn't want to start the process of thanking everyone until he's more certain of where he is in this ordeal. He's very moved by the efforts that have occurred for him.

Thanks to everyone who has sent support for Gry, in one form or another.

Apologies for my lengthy response to a more personal desire yesterday to make descriptions more accurate, and with specificity that I could have omitted.

Nice to hear he is ok and no need for appologies moose eater its good you have kept everyone updated on his progress :thank you:

M

moose eater

It often seems lately that the older we get, the more Murphy tends to throw stumbling blocks in our paths, making simpler tasks into something more complex than they need to be.. Maybe it was always that way, and we just notice it more as we become more limited in energy.

Gry made it to the clinic, and was informed they no longer take walk-ins. A person Gry described as a nice gentleman, helped him to communicate, and set up an 'emergency appointment' for Wednesday morning, and a regular appointment for July 7, telling him to call promptly at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow morning (Tuesday A.M.).

I had somewhat of a cynical reaction to an 'emergency appointment' being scheduled nearly 48 hours out, and wondered who defines 'emergency'?

There's a lot I don't appreciate about this world, but some things simply are what they are..

Gry's making his way back home, and will call them back tomorrow A.M. He's rolling with the punches, more or less.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Ugg, all the stress from going out and the get turned away at the doctor.
That happened to me before trying to get migraine meds.

It is good to get the body up and around one way or another.
Stress does stimulate the heart, so there is that.
Trying to find some positive thoughts.

Moose you are the man!
What an effort you have given.
I knew you were a great guy when we first talked but you sir are a very kind soul!
Your friends in real life must think you are something special and rightly so.

As someone here said it is nice to see the community unite!
Nice work to all!:tiphat:
Best wishes Gry
Get well soon!

M

moose eater

Apparently I -almost- understood the communication with Gry, when he was at the clinic.

He is not guaranteed an emergency appointment there at 8:00 A.M. on Wednesday. Rather, he must call in tomorrow A.M., Tuesday, at precisely 8:00 A.M., to see if he can get his call through their switchboard, for a -chance- to receive one of a limited number of emergency appointment slots there for Wednesday A.M.

If he is unsuccessful at competing for being a 'lucky winner,' then he is to dial them again precisely at 8:00 A.M. on Wednesday, to see if he can obtain such a slot for Thursday, and so on, and so forth.

This is the alternative to going to an ER, to sit among a sea of people in varying degrees of need, for what would likely be between a 6 and 12 hour wait. Maybe more.

The whole thing reminded me of competing for concert tickets on-line with a radio station DJ.

I'm a bit angry.

He's agreed that whether he has a contact person available via text/phone or not, if things become untenable and more serious, he -will- dial 911, and take the ride in an ambulance. He truly wants to remain among us.

He says he's pulling his energy from others, when I commiserated re. the hurdles he's having to contend with..

More later.

Latest posts

Latest posts