What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just thinking about you this morning gry. Hope you're doing well.

M

moose eater

Gry,

I don't mean this as a terminal statement of pessimism, but rather an enlightening piece of life-meets-death, and the significance of perspective.

I watched this the other night, and while it didn't move the earth under my feet, it was received in a fairly positive way by both my wife and myself.

There are some 'light' moments in it.

I thought it was worth posting, both here, and in my prostate cancer thread.

19 minutes you'll never get back. ;^>)

BJ Miller; 'What Really Matters at the end of Life' (*I'll add here; none of us are getting out of here alive.. not to belabor Jim Morrison's insight or lyrics, or anything... ;^>)... )

It's a Ted Talk, so you may need to make some coffee, do a good line of blow, or put on some Motley Crue in the background, just to keep the eye-lids up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apbSsILLh28

I hope you're well tonight.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Sending positive energies and Holding you in my thoughts....may this day meet you with peace of heart.

OkThen

I watched this twice, rewinding a couple of spots to reflect. Thank You ME for sharing this.

The closer i get to my "expiration date" I become more aware of what really matters in life. Truly simple things are the most fulfilling, the discovery of the first frost covered leaves in the fall, watching dying salmon procreating in a cold stream bed, and the exchange of positive energy with a loved one or even a stranger. I hope to find a beautiful realm in the afterlife, but the closer to that moment I find myself cherishing the gifts of the present.

Blessings

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Pain - ahh pain - something that seems to hang around more-so as I mature - can't seem to beat it - so best to try and make it a friend - and get used to it - up the pain thresh-hold once again - and smile.

Just the grumblings of a man in some pain - trying desperately to contain it mentally - when its a physical pain - sure cannabis helps so much - but often not quite enough - opiates just jam me up - so best just learn to cope with it - as best I can - and smile.

*I hope you are smiling some too Gry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi1dCBWQROw
Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag From Oh What A Lovely War

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
They sure were nice to me, but did not tell me much other than to say that my primary care dr needs to see me on Monday at 2:40.
Nausea is my humbler. A tub of really hot water with extract, curses and prayers usually works.
When it comes to pain, am able to use cannabis extracts exclusively, have been more than fortunate,
I have been and feel incredibly blessed. Which leaves me smiling more every day.

shithawk420

Veteran
I hope your doing well buddy.youve been really nice to me.wish there was something I could do for you but please be well

Gry

Veteran
Thinking about you, Gry. Whatever works....hot baths, concentrates, etc.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are a wonderful blessing, for which for which I can not possibly thank you enough.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Gry

Veteran
Had an appointment with primary care Dr yesterday.
This experience brings to mind descriptions of formal dances in times past.
He has not encountered anyone with a combination of lung cancer and MAC.
He will pursuit the surgical option.
After more testing, he will tell me that which I have come to understand:
Palliative treatment is the sole option. Am fine with that.
I feel incredibly fortunate and blessed.
The quality of my life has gone up massively since this thread started.
I have gone from 115 pounds and being unable to walk,
to 140 pounds, to being able to spend time each day
on a staircase to increase my strength and stamina.
Spent about half my time at a local animal shelter.
I attribute the improvement to the wonderful people here who
been been more than kind and supportive.
While I do go deal with the Rockefeller medicine machine, I lost
my faith in it years ago.
My respect for natural medication sourced through
indigenous cultures has soared.
I credit large daily dosages of cordyceps, reshi, and changa, along
with an abundance of fresh veggies and a vegan diet rich with a
variety of herbs and spices for my weight gain and improvement.
This thread, along with those who have participated in it, have
made a wonderful difference for me.
The pulmonary clinic wants me back three times next week
to redo the same tests which the health dept did a series of three of.
Olive View is a teaching hospital.
Will be there with with a smile on my face.

M

moose eater

Eyes to the Sun, back to the wind.

Thanks for that, Gry.

In the end, the best we can say is we did our part, or not. Seems to me that you're doing your part.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A blessing in disguise Gry glad to see you smiling again chin up so to say and best of luck as always :comfort:

Gry

Veteran
Primary care Dr just called and said that my request for surgery was approved.
A small feather would easily knock me down right now.

Latest posts

Latest posts