What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

Gry

Veteran
Had an appointment with a primary care doc on Monday, and spent over an hour with the individual.
Was given drugs that cost 500 bucks a month which are supposed to make breathing a little easier.
Still looking at the unopened packages and doing a lot of reading.
Was set up with a CT scan for late November, they have since called 3 times move the date closer, with the most recent one is now set up for the 7th of next month.
Was set with an appointment with the pulmonary clinic, but will have another
appointment with the primary care to review the results of the CT scan prior to that.
Spent a good deal of time reading about MAC. Only really a couple of ways of
dealing with it. Standard approach is to put people on a group of antibiotics for a period of 12-15
months, with a maintenance dose for the rest of one's days.
Results in what is described as a 60 to 70% cure rate, with cure being defined as showing clear lungs via Xray for a period of 3 years.
Been very fortunate in surviving previous encounter with kidney cancer.
Had surgical complications, and was left with chronic nausea as a result.
I can manage a 7 day course of antibiotics, but it is really rough.
I would not be able to tolerate 12-15 months of antibiotics.
The secondary option, which is much less frequently used, is surgery.
It can be viable if done early enough.
It can deliver a clear X reading for 3.5 years.
My first X rays taken show a clearly concentrated mass upper right lobe
with the cancer and MAC imposed one upon the other.
Will be set up to speak with a surgeon as soon as the CT scan is done.
Walking up and down a long flight of stairs to increase
stamina and energy levels. My weight is staying even, and
I feel the quality of life is still pretty good.
To know that one is not alone is more than a blessing, and is something for
which I cannot thank each of you enough.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
We will always be here for you Gry - thru the good times and bad - members here have stood by me thru my darkest hours - so what goes around comes around compadre'

buzzmobile

Veteran

I like the sound of that first sentence. "Pretty good" is damned good. There's a box of 'thoughts' on your front porch.:tiphat:

M

moose eater

Persistence hopefully wins the day, Gry.

Glad you got past the bean-counter barricades finally, to see a Doc who'd call what was going on with the System in an honest way, and get you on your way to some form of actual (potentially) helpful options.

Tenacity, tenacity, tenacity, and a couple doses of hopefulness, and the Sun may (hopefully) be finally breaking through for you.

Choosing options that are sometimes not truly appealing is the point at which the road T's, and sometimes-difficult choices arise; turn left and accept ultimate demise, or turn right and maybe continue with a fighting chance.

Not an unfamiliar intersection.

Very pleased that you're headed into forward movement, no longer being kept hostage on a back-burner by folks in charge of limited numbers, but instead moved along by people now trying to maneuver inside that framework to your benefit.

Sometimes ya' gotta' kiss a lot of frogs, before....

Sunshine, rainbows and Lollipops!! One step at a time.

packerfan79

Veteran
Had an appointment with a primary care doc on Monday, and spent over an hour with the individual.
Was given drugs that cost 500 bucks a month which are supposed to make breathing a little easier.
Still looking at the unopened packages and doing a lot of reading.
Was set up with a CT scan for late November, they have since called 3 times move the date closer, with the most recent one is now set up for the 7th of next month.
Was set with an appointment with the pulmonary clinic, but will have another
appointment with the primary care to review the results of the CT scan prior to that.
Spent a good deal of time reading about MAC. Only really a couple of ways of
dealing with it. Standard approach is to put people on a group of antibiotics for a period of 12-15
months, with a maintenance dose for the rest of one's days.
Results in what is described as a 60 to 70% cure rate, with cure being defined as showing clear lungs via Xray for a period of 3 years.
Been very fortunate in surviving previous encounter with kidney cancer.
Had surgical complications, and was left with chronic nausea as a result.
I can manage a 7 day course of antibiotics, but it is really rough.
I would not be able to tolerate 12-15 months of antibiotics.
The secondary option, which is much less frequently used, is surgery.
It can be viable if done early enough.
It can deliver a clear X reading for 3.5 years.
My first X rays taken show a clearly concentrated mass upper right lobe
with the cancer and MAC imposed one upon the other.
Will be set up to speak with a surgeon as soon as the CT scan is done.
Walking up and down a long flight of stairs to increase
stamina and energy levels. My weight is staying even, and

You are not alone buddy. We are there with you in prayer and spirit. I am glad things are moving in the right direction. Keeping a positive attitude is very important. :tiphat:

Spaventa

Veteran
Glad there has been progress with your care and steps taken toward treatment. Also glad that you know you are not alone. We are always here for you.

watts

ohms
Veteran
The top 5 natural antibiotics are onions, garlic, oregano oil, Manuka honey and Echinacea. I wonder if these would help you. I had bronchitis last winter and got rid of it with Echinacea whereas most would have gone to the doctor for antibiotics.

M

moose eater

Hey GRY sending all the positive vibes your way.
What is MAC?

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/222664-overview

Can be fast-moving, sometimes misdiagnosed as TB, and can create a tag-team duality with cancer in the lung, which may be why, in theory, in earlier imaging, the spot(s) on Gry's lung was reportedly progressing so quickly.

Making it the wrong time for the folks who consent to pushing someone's case further up the chain to have sat on Gry's follow-up for as long as they did.

OkThen

Adopted Uncle Walter lived for years after having a lung removed with TB in the fiftys
Could be an option.

Peace be with you

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/222664-overview

Can be fast-moving, sometimes misdiagnosed as TB, and can create a tag-team duality with cancer in the lung, which may be why, in theory, in earlier imaging, the spot(s) on Gry's lung was reportedly progressing so quickly.

Making it the wrong time for the folks who consent to pushing someone's case further up the chain to have sat on Gry's follow-up for as long as they did.

Man,, i wish we had our own weed medical coverage

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
more thoughts and prayers Gry.
people mock and ridicule this, but they don't realize the benefit of positive thought.
keep a penny in your pocket.
peace

Gry

Veteran
Had a CT scan last Friday, just got a call from the pulmonary clinic, want there me at 1:20 on Friday.
You are each a blessing in my life. Thank you more than I can say.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Gry, you're a much more tenacious fighter than I would probably be in your situation. Much respect man. :tiphat: Keep on doing what you're doing.