What's new

GrowLab 145L, Environmentally controlled, LST/ScrOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASHUP

Ganjagrower1

Well, there's 2 sides of the fence. On one there's 6 600w HPS in a 10' x 10' tent. The other with 4 1000w HPS in a 10' x 10' tent.

I'm told yield would be similar. My concern is with heat and security though. So I'm gritting teeth trying to make my mind up either way. I'm giving myself until next week to decide.

Grow cycle lasts as long as it takes to fill the screen (coming soon). I figure in another 2-3 weeks I'll have that accomplished and flip them into bloom.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Ganjagrower1

Well, there's 2 sides of the fence. On one there's 6 600w HPS in a 10' x 10' tent. The other with 4 1000w HPS in a 10' x 10' tent.

I'm told yield would be similar. My concern is with heat and security though. So I'm gritting teeth trying to make my mind up either way. I'm giving myself until next week to decide.

Grow cycle lasts as long as it takes to fill the screen (coming soon). I figure in another 2-3 weeks I'll have that accomplished and flip them into bloom.

whoa those 6 plants are going to veg enough to cover nearly 100 sq ft in essentially 3 more weeks?

will you buy buying another tent or building a room?

MASHUP

Mr. Tony

Your guess is just as good as mine. I'm wearing a blindfold over here being it's my first time using the system.

I got word from someone that uses the same system and was told I am still spiking the plants with nutes. I'm to be around 300-400PPM through this stage for vigorous growth. Ignorant ol' me was as high as 750PPM during week 2. I'm thankful they're alive.

Given that, they've had almost 3 weeks of totally unideal growing conditions. Live and learn. Next run is going to be killer though!

I love tents, will always be using them. Simply no reason to build a room in my eyes. They're light tight, offer holes and mounts for all of your gear and now with the metallic interiors they reflect all of the light and heat where it belongs, inside. Not to mention my favorite part, they assemble in 30 minutes and come down just as fast. Inspection anyone? ;)

MASHUP

loco81

I didn't get into the details, sorry. For the 10' x 10' tent with 4,000w I am going to have 24 plants. 2 of the 12 site hydro systems. Does that make more sense?

loco81

ah there we go a little more norm. i would go with the 1000's for a couple reasons but you should pull nicely for sure how long you gonna veg for total? i bet you get around 7# for all 24 .r using co2?

MASHUP

loco81

A lot of details to finalize on that room. Bare in mind it's not coming until after this run here finishes.

I was in the garden just now with a tape measure trying to figure out what will actually fit in there. If I went with 3 600s I would have to run 6" Magnum reflectors. I'm obsessed with the 8" Magnums though, giving me one more reason to lean towards the 1000s.

BigGreen

Veteran
GET THE 1000'S they will kick ass on them 600s. I dont care what anybody says Ive done 600s and 1000s theres nothing like a 1000 watter just way more faster and robust growth. Trust me you wont look back with very happy yields

MASHUP

BigGreen

Yield is one of the three factors. Heat and security being the other two. Do you think there's much difference between heat thrown off of 3 600s versus heat thrown off 2 1000s?

IKILL3RI

Yes, a simple $10-15 timer from Home Depot or Lowes will work fine. You usually do 2-3 15 minute feedings per day. Research and fine tuning will dial you right in.

BigGreen

Veteran
Heat wont be an issue with them 8" hoods your getting along with that A/C and about security 2000 watts aint that bad on the bill at 12/12 I think its around $120 bucks a month. Just PAY YOUR BILL and everything will be cool.

MASHUP

BigGreen

Alright then. I think that settles that. Now I'm going to have to try and swap out this 120v Lumatek for a 240v version and pick another 1000w up while I'm at it. Shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again for all of your tips and advice.

BigGreen

Veteran
whats the difference on the 120v vs the 240v I know its different volts but is it cheaper running 240 or is that all you have run

MASHUP

BigGreen

You save no money either way. It's all about amps and circuits available. All large scale operations run on 240v because you can essentially run twice as many appliances with the same amperage.

A 30amp clothes dryer circuit on 240v can run 15 of those 8-bulb T5 fixtures!

BigGreen

Veteran
OK I get it, so if your going 4000 watt youll prob need that or else your elec panel would fill up fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts