What's new

GrowLab 145L, Environmentally controlled, LST/ScrOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASHUP

Here's the deal, from someone with a horticultural background.

Most likely scenario is the roots suffered what equates to a "burn", most likely from excess nutes. Any attack from pathogens would set in gradually, this seemed to happen rapidly.
Once the sensitive roots are damaged they must be broken down, this is where the organisms be them beneficial or not come into play. With this much dead root material at once even the best inoculants and enzymes couldn't keep up.

You just need to trust in the less is more approach and you will rock that shit. Dynagro should do well, as would any nutes at a low enough concentration, especially to start out. I'm less familiar with Guardian Angel but I'm sure it will do it's job. All of these biologicals are designed to deal with root exudate ( sugars & sloughed off cells produced by the plant to feed soil microorganisms ) and would be overwhelmed by the decaying root matter. Don't be too rattled by the crash landing, you're about to fly like an eagle.

Damn, too bad dude, but those girls did look pretty rough.

I just gotta say, some of your computer graphics / artwork you post on here (along with the stellar growroom) are really fucking cool. Some real ill designs. Do you ever do any real tagging ?

Peace,

-sg

MASHUP

osecretgardeno

Thanks.

I blew up Stockholm, Sweden for 8 months with Crack Virus. Writing under a different alias.

Doing graphic and web design for a living now. My ad work makes it into magazines such as Elle, Vogue, etc. ;)

Peace

P

purpledomgoddes

success can be achieved w/ vegetables w/ aero/dwc/nft/soil/soilless mix.

5 gal of simple black gold coco blend, w/ perlite+lava rock, hand-watered ~2-3 days extremely simple. results comparable to ^methods w/out technical difficulties.

can be run in 5 gal bucket w/ no run-off holes. ~6-12oz. solution/water every few days. maybe a 1" pvc pipe staked in for oxygen. overwatering should be avoided in this method.

w/ watering done every 3 days, (run-to-waste/wick), ph 5.8-6.2, foliar ph 6.8, ppm 250->1000, possible to focus on other areas, i.e.g., diff, vpd, light manip, etc.

or, run 3 tubs/buckets/bed on pond liner vs. current dwc. may be able to use coins for greater environmental control. plants can only assimilate so many cations and ions, regardless of the system of cultivation. unfortunate to observe preventable issues. quality veggies are possible w/ bucket of lava rock hand watered/pumped ~once daily w/ run-to-waste/wick. ph/ppms no issue. keep it simple+sophisticated.

vegetable seeds/heirloom cultivars are omnipresent. should be a re-generated garden soon. no worries!

edit: avg 24hr root temps in current sys? did they fluctuate from day to night?

h202 can be applied weekly to ^mediums/sys, regardless of beneficials added. everthing gets 1 wk to live (myco/non-beneficials, etc).

hope this helps. enjoy your garden!

IKILL3RI

IKILL3RI

You could also try a hybrid technique of using Smart Pots as your containers and simply fill them with Hydroton. The Smart Pots auto prune roots and prevent them from growing outside of the container.

Everyone I know uses Smart Pots for dirt, even myself, but I believe they would perform just as efficient in an ebb and flow setup as well. I'll do the guinea pig work on that and get back with the results.

Mashup

Will this smart Pots work http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=SPO335? and will adding the Econo-System Drip Add-On/Conversion to my Sunstream One-Tray Econo-System be a good idea?

MASHUP

IKILL3RI

That link didn't work for me. I'll assume the answer is yes though, as there's only one Smart Pot, just different sizes. You still didn't say how many plants you plan to run, which is key in figuring out pot size and spacing in the tray.

I personally would do 4-5 plants in a tray that size, vegged for 3-4 weeks or flowered at 12-18" and finish around 3', 4-6oz each if done under a 600-1,000w no sweat.

Drip systems have their pros and cons. For what you're doing I would just go straight flood and drain. You're mixing about 25gal. of nutrient solution, which isn't too bad.

After sticking my head in the search box I found out a lot of information regarding Lucas Formula. Do some research on this technique and you'll see people get awesome results and save money while they're at it.

Hope that helps.

MASHUP

IKILL3RI

No problem dude, I hope to see you up and running one of these days soon.

That link did work, that's the stuff. I'd suggest getting larger than the #1 pots though. If you run 4-5 plants I think the following choices would do well.

# No. 724705 – 8” x 7” and 1.9 Gallons
# No. 724710 – 10” x 8.5” and 2.9 Gallons

That'll give you plenty of room for root growth for the size of plants you'll be dealing with.

IKILL3RI

IKILL3RI

No problem dude, I hope to see you up and running one of these days soon.

That link did work, that's the stuff. I'd suggest getting larger than the #1 pots though. If you run 4-5 plants I think the following choices would do well.

# No. 724705 – 8” x 7” and 1.9 Gallons
# No. 724710 – 10” x 8.5” and 2.9 Gallons

That'll give you plenty of room for root growth for the size of plants you'll be dealing with.

MASHUP

Hey thanks for the tips and advice, cant wait to get started and start uploading pics :joint:

MASHUP

My new fav...

PIC025.jpg

Buddy smoked my brains out with some honey oil and bud. Raw power.

M

moses224

Where those crosses you made? If not pm where i can get thanks my man

MASHUP

moses224

For now it's unavailable. The grower wants a leg up in the game. Maybe he'll share later on down the road. I feel lucky just having tried it, it's damn good stuff.

Anyway, I got tired of looking at empty reflectors and wanted to get an idea of the heat I'm going to be facing. To my surprise, it's not that bad. Easily cooled with the A/C sitting in there as it is.

DSC_6069.jpg

DSC_6074.jpg

DSC_6075.jpg

DSC_6072.jpg

Now time to clean the system out and ready it for the new plants.

Peace

M

moses224

thats what i got love all three of them.......just got my new hardware today delivery one of three for my new setup..no corners cut here

MASHUP

moses224

Hell yeah my friend. You know how to select the right stuff!

I'm going to watch you like a hawk now, that ought to be one sick room when it's complete.

BigGreen

Veteran
I have a hortilux 1000 running side by side to a sunmaster 1000 and I dont see any difference yet. We'll see when they get fatter what happens. There 14 days into flower today and they already have little nickles on them. There gonna be huge. I'll try to get some pics to show later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.