What's new

growing shrooms off my used promix.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey wusup everyone, welcome to shroom country. I dont throw away my garbage soil anymore after i figured out i could use it as a bulk substrate. It works alright on its own but i add some poo and gypsum too it. Works amazing, if i have fan leaves i add them in too, what can I say better than other bulk subs I have tried.

Currently working with some amazon culture, spawned a 65 quart monotub earlier this week, and a 105q tub this evening. Spawned with popcorn.

Heres the first tub four days after spawning, im pumped these are my first monotubs.

picture.php

Heres the big one, I spawned this evening, My jars where colonized but after busting up the spawn some of the mycellium was off color not sure about this one. Take care everyone:rasta:
picture.php

Some of my previous grows using spent promix as bulk sub.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Jonezin, give it a try, growing shrooms is easier than pot in my oppinion.
J6p thanks man, im hoping for a flush like that in the tubs.
I checked on the first tub today and its almost ready for fruiting.:smoke:
picture.php

VT_Fire

good shit...more dual growers should try this. It works better than other substrates and it's free, AND it means no more disposing of old spent soil? word

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Vt you got it man, I have used just promix with fan leaves and it worked great, but i like to add some poo for more nutrition,the stuff is gold to me.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
First tub was put into fruiting conditions today, I am very happy it has been some time since I grew some mush.
picture.php

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Vt they are the heaviest fruits i have come across, but its not just the weight. The high i can only describe as a roller coaster ride with awsome visuals. Hands down favorite mush to consume.
I have also grown, hawaiian, b+, gulf coast , peurto riccans, and texans.. Gulf coast got the nicname bunk coast around here for being so weak.

lordbudly

Veteran
how do you even innoculate a bin like that? couldnt i take a bunch of peat, throw it in a rubbermaid, shoot in a bunch of spores in random areas with a syringe, and let it colonize? keep the lid on in a warm dark place? then pop her off when its time to pin? what kind of poop do you use to fortify your promix when shrooming it?

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Cellardwellar thanks bud, good to see ya lurking around my thread roll up some shwagg and enjoy the show:muahaha:

Hey Lordbuddly thats a good question man. I use popcorn grain spawn to innoculate the bins. I use some sheep poo that has been laying around in my yard it gets rained on and such. You dont want the fresh stuff it has too much urea and myecillium doesnt process that well and ur sub will have lots of myc piss lol.

So what i do is i colonize my grain spawn first.

I have a large bin wich i use to mix and break up my old soil with some of that weathered poo, and gypsum... to raise the ph. dolomite will burn mycellium. I use plaster of paris for this. I also like to add garbage leaf if i have it, even used cut up stalks n worked nicely. Wear a mask and break up the poo nugglets into the promix until its broken up nicely so mycellium will be able to rip right though it.

pasturize the mix however you like and spawn when cool. I use a pillowcase to pasturize mine on the stove in a pot of water. You want the mix at proper field cappacity, so you have to squeeze some moisture out of it. Spawn as soon as it cools for the best results.

Any other questions feel free and i will be glad to asnwer the best i can.

turn that trash into stash:smoke: Peace.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey Towncar i think people have managed to do it with liquid culture. I even seen some guy took dried turds from a cow pasture dunked em and put em into fruiting and they grew some big zooms.

79towncar

Yea I'm not saying its impossible I'm just saying it's not probable... LC is mycelium it's not spores... The point of the jars is to get rapidly growing mycelium... Also once the jars are fully colonized they are resistant to contams... Spawning to a buk substrate with colonized jars is the best way to go... It's the best way to ensure no contams and it's still a fast method... It's the same method commercial cultivators use as well..

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Ya i hear ya mang wasnt condoning either. I was just saying its been done with liquid culture. Jars are great way to go for spawn, I want to get into the bags though.:smoke:

lordbudly

Veteran
Hey Cellardwellar thanks bud, good to see ya lurking around my thread roll up some shwagg and enjoy the show:muahaha:

Hey Lordbuddly thats a good question man. I use popcorn grain spawn to innoculate the bins. I use some sheep poo that has been laying around in my yard it gets rained on and such. You dont want the fresh stuff it has too much urea and myecillium doesnt process that well and ur sub will have lots of myc piss lol.

So what i do is i colonize my grain spawn first.

I have a large bin wich i use to mix and break up my old soil with some of that weathered poo, and gypsum... to raise the ph. dolomite will burn mycellium. I use plaster of paris for this. I also like to add garbage leaf if i have it, even used cut up stalks n worked nicely. Wear a mask and break up the poo nugglets into the promix until its broken up nicely so mycellium will be able to rip right though it.

pasturize the mix however you like and spawn when cool. I use a pillowcase to pasturize mine on the stove in a pot of water. You want the mix at proper field cappacity, so you have to squeeze some moisture out of it. Spawn as soon as it cools for the best results.

Any other questions feel free and i will be glad to asnwer the best i can.

turn that trash into stash:smoke: Peace.

alright so i still have to pasturize ok, what would you recommend i use to add some food since we arent all so lucky as to have sheep manure nicely composted and washed, and your grain spawn, is basically a pf cake tek, and you break it apart and innoculate with that? ive never really understood bin shroom growing, just cakes

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey lord, you can use pf cakes to spawn the tub, you just have to break them up. I use popcorn kernals for spawn. If you have some spent coffee grinds or garbage trim use that, you can also add ashes from your ashtray. I have had good success just using the promix with dead roots, gypsum, and fan leaves.

Latest posts

Latest posts