What's new

growing outside of phototrons

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
lastest pix...

lastest pix...

these 2 clones on the left are not doing to good, i got them from a buddy at growers nite. they should beat at least the same height as the one on the right. mofo's better get well soon otherwise its outta here...anyway the garden is doing well otherwise...i cant believe its been over a month since i put the first 6 plants in this room...Hope this helps.:tiphat:
picture.php

picture.php

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive never used cal-mag; tap water has calcium in it, and if you needed extra mag you could use epsom salts, much cheaper than cal-mag ($2 for a big bag).
Ive heard that cal-mag is more necessary when using RO water, since the cal is filtered out. Just my two cents, your experience may differ.

Yeah, those gifted clones arent doing so well. You think they're diseased or something? Ive had my share of ill plants, and lately ive been using anti-fungals, which have helped. Sounds like youre just going to pitch them; its nice to have plenty of strains that can take its place...

A

arrg

I was wondering do you have to run sealed in the summer and early fall during the hot nasty humid months? I am just planning my space now so it is ready and temp humidity wise it seems like open bulb winter to cool tube summer early fall sealed is the was to go.

The garden is looking sweet there I hope to have one of my own soon other then tomatoes. Tomatoes freaking stink during veg my house reeks more then vegging weed every did.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
dont kno wat u mean...

dont kno wat u mean...

I was wondering do you have to run sealed in the summer and early fall during the hot nasty humid months? I am just planning my space now so it is ready and temp humidity wise it seems like open bulb winter to cool tube summer early fall sealed is the was to go.

:tiphat:Took the 2 not so well strains out and added 4 new strains...Hope this helps.:moon:

picture.php

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Good to see you got rid of the laggers. Would have been nice to see how they smoked, but at the rate they were going it would have been a while before you saw any bud off them, if at all.

That old flower room has pumped out many an elbow for you and yours. Must be sad to see it mothballed...

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
on 2nd. thought....

on 2nd. thought....

just taking a summer break, pix were taken last week...Hope this helps.:tiphat:
picture.php

Trainwreck

picture.php

MTF

picture.php

Catpiss

picture.php

Green Crack

picture.php

Blockhead

picture.php

DK13

Ps, my pop corn buds are not as airy as before they are a lot more compact so i guess the shop lites did work and it did its job... and it's been over 60 days and its time to chop...:dance013:

Last edited:
wow those plants look great, a few things tho is that those garbage bags look like a good hiding spot for mold to get started i dont know but it seems like spray painting the buckets once would be easier than messing with those garbage bag and would make your pics look alot cleaner, not that you need better pics those buds look great. also how do you keep the water levels in check from 100 miles away do you have a res or something hooked up. I would be so paranoid not being able to check on my plant everyday i would be scared of getting ripped off or someone finding them and turning me in but thats just my anxeity at its worst lol
nice grow man looks great

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
I did my homework and research....

I did my homework and research....

wow those plants look great, a few things tho is that those garbage bags look like a good hiding spot for mold to get started ///
no molds
make your pics look alot cleaner,

i could care less, end product is what really counts...

not that you need better pics those buds look great. also how do you keep the water levels in check from 100 miles away do you have a res or something hooked up.

i've had almost 9 yrs. of experience of growing this way and did/done way plenty of experiments to arrive at my method of growing inside and/or outside of phototrons....

I would be so paranoid not being able to check on my plant everyday i would be scared of getting ripped off or someone finding them and turning me in but thats just my anxeity at its worst lol

my summer place is in a private gated community
nice grow man looks great

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Walt Jabsco

oh man i thought you were talking about that little grow contraption called the phototron that has been advertised in high times for the last 20 years with the vines growing in it! still an interseting post though.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
I am broham....

I am broham....

oh man i thought you were talking about that little grow contraption called the phototron that has been advertised in high times for the last 20 years with the vines growing in it! still an interseting post though.

Green Crack...Hope this helps...:dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Walt Jabsco

oh shit that is a phototron! i never knew they were so big! damn thing is huge. i never seen one outside the magazine. i always imagined them to be alot smaller than that because they never really show a size relation in any of there ads. thanks for the pics phil!

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
After the chop.....

After the chop.....

:)I decided to flower the Catpiss a lil longer.. I will also slide the shop lites towards the other end to aid the newer plants..Hope this helps.:moon:

picture.php

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thanks for the pics.
Good to hear that the shop lites are doing their job. Now you can either smoke those popcorn nugs or have even more bud for hash/oil/tinctures.
You know, looking at that 'tron again, is there a fan inside? How does it get airflow?