What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing, Living and Loving...Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Microbial Essentials for Auto and Regular Cannabis Genetics.

Microbial Essentials for Auto and Regular Cannabis Genetics.

Hello all,
I'm going to cover several aspects of soil development, preparation and care. How microbial life relates to feeding your plants. This information is from several podcasts of Doctor studies I've listened to and taken notes. I'm not going to list each Doctor involved in the clinical studies.
Dr. Allison Justice,
This information is combined with my use of what I call a Fungal Repository for optimum results.
NPK Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus.
Nitrogen, 50-200 ppm MAX per feeding 150 ppm is ideal.

Potassium, Pureed sliced bananas with the skin on and potatoes with the skin on are best. These will be blended with distilled or RO water and poured into your repository holes. See the first pages of this thread where I cover this step. There will be an increase in ant activity as they are searching for this food. Get some ant traps.

Phosphorus, 85% is washed out or leeched from the soil. 100 ppm max per feeding. Most nutrient applications recommend three times greater amount than is needed.(lockup) Low/medium of 0-5 ppm to a max of 80 ppm. 15 ppm is ideal for cannabis.
When phosphorus is denied it has the same effect as cold temperatures with plants getting a purple hue.

Cal/Mag = Epsom salts. One or the other is needed not both most often. Cal is used in greater quantities versus Mag. Poinsettas and Tomatoes have very similar nutritional needs to cannabis.

UNDERSTAND THIS ! understand this ! UNDERSTAND THIS !

FLUSHING* 1 and 2 week flushes.
* YOU CAN'T FLUSH NUTRIENTS OUT OF YOUR PLANTS !!!
* You can cause nutrient deficiencies.
*Flushing of excess nutrients from your soil didn't need to be there to begin with. You are wasting money and your plants are only risking nutrient lockup because of over feeding.

MICROBIAL BIO STIMULANTS Geographical influence's
Microbes become fewer as you get closer to the earths poles. N&S Microbial diversity is most dense at the equator.

Fungal communities prefer the no till system in organic soil. Minerals in the soil affect the Ph of the soil. ROOTS will travel to the best soil food source and PH levels.

* Microbes only grow at certain food sources, for that type of microbe. * Don't change up your nutrients throughout the season. Roots become acclimated to a certain type of microbe feeding them.

* If a Ph buffer is added to the soil substrate. The microbial life will move away from the ACIDIC and ALKYLINE buffers. This essentially stunts the growth of your plants. This correlates back to over feeding and mineral effecting PH balance. Stabilize and stay consistent throughout your grow cycle with amendments.

If you are going to experiment with nutrients. Do it from the start of the season, when you are preparing the microbial colonies. Keeping notes of that bag and keeping that particular microbial colony stabilized.
* What is the closest thing to a magical elixer? Mammoth P1 showed a 12% increase over untreated soils and a multitude of other soil amendments. (Per this study)

*Innoculants* Innoculants before planting are crucial for microbial life. When the soil does't have a plant.
Microbes will die off after harvest for seasonal growers . As the roots are no longer feeding the microbial colonies in return.

* The Rhizosphere* needs consistent Ph balanced microbial stimulants.
* 99% of microbes are good. The 1% that are bad are very bad.
* Microbes are a (cultivar, species)*. The sum of microbial species together are better. Than any single species of microbes on it's own.

* Colonies of microbes empower each other.*

*CARBON* Organic matter in your soils, Is the single best subsrate amendment.

*Humic Acids* Clod Buster Humate (Bio Pesticides Research)
Humates black or brown have a high molecular weight. Humis forms under the duft layer. Leaves, bark and twigs decomposed by fungi.(undisturbed decomposition)

*Fulvic Acid* Acid soluble fraction low molecular weight, yellow in color.

*Culation* (Q-lation) Is to bond with or buffer.
Humic and Fulvic Acids will stabilize the Ph of your soil as long as you don't introduce outside buffers, amendments that aren't natural to your microbial colonies. That you started before prior to spring outdoor or indoor planting.

I hope you found this information helpful. I spent a lot of time searching for verified scientifically tested and proven sources. You may have been informed differently. I know I certainly had been misinformed on several things. I can assure you these are very effective practices and procedures.

I tried to document the fungal repositories the best I could in the start of this thread. Even muted stunted seedlings are correcting growth patterns.
Peace farmerlion

*TEAS*, Teas need consistent inputs to work in the root zone properly. Don't change up your tea recipe throughout the season. *(Roots acclimate to a certain microbe for nutrient uptake).

The longer a tea sets a certain type of microbe will become dominant. Each food source is eaten by a different type of microbe. Think of microbes as species or strains of cannabis. Food sources continually change until all sources are consumed and the microbial life dies.
A new tea needs 18 to 24 hours to develop the first microbes. I have a large rain water collecting container. I continually feed fresh fruits and potatoes to in a pureed form. If I stop feeding the tea being produced. A secondary set of microbes will develop and start eating the next available food sources.

* LIGHTS* What is the most effective and efficient light source?
ROI Return on investment. PPFD 800 watts of LED per plant was and is the most efficient light source.

*FIM, LOLLI POPPING and DEFOLIATING*
Plants showed positive results from stressing. THERE WAS A LOSS IN HUMIDITY CONTROL. Especially pertaining to indoor LED grows. The temperature needs to be increased or added ventilation to offset RH.(relative humidity)

* Defoliation increases the salinity of that individual plant that was altered. *
* Reduce feeding and overall PPM in direct proportion to the amount of defoliating you have done.

*CURING* 40% to 60% is optimal for connoisseur quality buds.
Water activity meter's are very expensive. But for large scale operations are crucial. Microbial growth from .8 of less stops botrytis. (.6) is consumer preference for the highest quality bud to smoke.

so what did the studies find as far as curing techniques go? For large operations curing in 5 gallon plastic buckets. The buckets weren't air tight. Moisture content in large and small buds equalized and homogenized. No actual release of moisture by burping actually took place. The CO2 levels actually increased from the breath of the employees burping the buckets.

Glass jars were the most effective producing the best quality buds for smoking. Having a .6 moisture(twigs and limbs snap when bent) . Keeping the jars and harvested plants in a dark room reduced chlorophyll production and increased overall quality.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Sorry, I was trying to post this in another forum here and I just screwed up !

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Zero potting fungal Repository

Zero potting fungal Repository

Hello all, the girls are all doing well. I've been struggling learning how to post pictures from my tablet. My laptop was much better. But I will try a couple pictures.
Peace farmerlion

Attachments

• 20200623_172154.jpg
    20200623_172154.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200623_172117.jpg
    20200623_172117.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 36

MallardDuck

Everything looks very healthy and vigorous. I am really looking forward to what happens in that greenhouse! It must smell heavenly in there come September!

My ACE autos have just started getting a scent on their stems when I rub them. 2 have a more peachy mango smell and one has smell that is remarkably like fresh tomato plants except woodier if that makes sense.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mallard Duck that makes perfect sense. My largest auto Zamaldelica is pushing out pistols right now. She is the first of all plants to do so. Uniquely enough she is also the most sativa phenotype of expression. Thin leaves, wider nodal spacing and this girl has some legs on her. She is the tallest plant in the greenhouse.

Dubi to say I'm excited about this plant is an understatement. To have Zamaldelica dominant genetics flowering before July 1st ! OMG !!!
Buckle up, this is going to be amazing. The second plant in the bag is much smaller. The first plant pushed itself out of the soil. I replaced it with another auto Zamaldelica #4.

Hind sight says I wish I had 20 of these plants going. Next season I have a planned reproduction of genetics going. It will be at least two years before I get another run with her. I need 5 more greenhouses and full time to spend with them.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
This week momma and I are back at the Mayo Clinic doing follow up testing. Wishing you all a beautiful and day and grow season.
Peace The lion's

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear farmerlion,

Plants look very healthy and advanced just after a few weeks of life, speaks loudly about the great environment you are providing them!
Wish wife's medical revisions are doing well, take care family :ying:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mars hydro led

Mars hydro led

Here's a quick look at the Auto Zamaldelica and a recent peek in the greenhouse door.

Attachments

• 20200716_163947.jpg
    20200716_163947.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200715_103525.jpg
    20200715_103525.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 26

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Update time

Update time

Hello my friends,
I will update what's going on in my greenhouse.

These are the CBD#1 x Purple PCK. Exactly what you expect from Ace seeds. Quality, symmetrical healthy plants.

These are my Romulan plants. They have been a joy to grow !
Peace farmerlion

deepwaterdude

Hello my friends,
I will update what's going on in my greenhouse.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82739&pictureid=2059787&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
These are the CBD#1 x Purple PCK. Exactly what you expect from Ace seeds. Quality, symmetrical healthy plants.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=82739&pictureid=2059787&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
These are my Romulan plants. They have been a joy to grow !
Peace farmerlion

Those look phenomenal, farmerlion:whee: Plants are really digging your care!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Deepwaterdude, thank you for your kind words my friend. It is always a joy to see you and your plants. Trying to catch up on so many threads here on the Ace forum's. The summer is already half over, plants flowering naturally outdoors. The days are getting shorter. Social distancing has been a great blessing for the people choosing to grow cannabis. What a great way to spend our alone time.

Peace farmerlion

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Hope you don't mind a pic of my Lilly x MaPettite.Such a nice plant.Really.I never smelled a Pina Colada before,but this sure smells like I think a Pina Colada should....very pleasant on the nose.I find myself drawn to it's fragrance...very nice indeed.Sturdy well structured plant.

All my plants got put out late this year,and getting them in 5gal buckets was the best I could do.Next year will be better hopefully.<fingers crossed>.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 29

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dear fermerlion,

Please, keep us updated with your insights about this season and on the different strains you have grown this year, hopefully it has been a great one.
Hope the family is doing good! :wave: