What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing, Living and Loving...Peace

G

Best vibes to you,your family and greenhouse!
I want to see the OE x CBD #1 please :biggrin:
Have a wonderful season brother! :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Syd, the Orient Express x CBD#1 is coming for sure. I just got them yesterday as cool mail.

Mallard Duck, please brother ask away. If you don't have the 50 just ask here. Others may have the same question.

Mountain Kush, so happy to hear that my friend. I certainly hope you would give your greenhouse another chance at bringing life into the world.
I'm having a blast with my wife during this. My oldest son and I have spent about an hour a day chatting on the phone. A blessing to me for sure.

Slim Pickens, I hear you on the Lebanese. I may only have the Lebanese x Auto Malawi's going this season. I'm still making a list, checking it twice.........

I have had a dairy heater going for a few days now. Today I will give the bags some more water. I might boil up a gallon or two and add some molasses in. It won't take long to cool as it's still in the single digits here.

Be safe, stay alone together. Peace
farmerlion

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Slim Pickens, I hear you on the Lebanese. I may only have the Lebanese x Auto Malawi's going this season. I'm still making a list, checking it twice.........

Be safe, stay alone together. Peace
farmerlion

Same here on the list.I was getting 2 more raised beds built for the upcoming veggie season.I had to get some peat moss that I had stored in the rafters of the garage.The ladder tipped over and I fell and broke my doggone back.Now I'm really behind.Mixing soil is out,I can't even lift a cup of coffee without screeching.:biggrin:

I may be able to get the Son over here to help until I can heal up some.I have plenty to select from (mostly Ace to be honest) ,but I had really hoped to score a pk of Lilly cause it just sounds sooooo good,but the breeder hasn't restocked his vendors.Oh well.Life is like that even for us old farts who ought to have it a little easier.(especially for us old farts)At least the wifes employer gave her time off to watch out for me while I heal up some,which was pretty cool.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad the eagle has landed friend ;)

Hope the weather starts to improve there so you can advance on preparing the greenhouse for the season.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Slim, I think I only have a partial pack of Lilly left. I don't recall if they were regular or feminized seeds. PM me if you want more information.

Dubi, there are so many different offerings available through Ace. It's impossible to narrow down the list of genetics. If a person is defining a wish list by
Colors, smells, potency, flowering times, heights, CBD, mind blowing hybrids and rare landrace genetics.
Ace brings the largest number of high quality strains to grow rooms worldwide ��. I could easily fill another greenhouse with plants and be troubled with leaving something out. Every season is a challenge to narrow down the list for my 19 bags. I have yet to have 4 or 5 of any single strain.
I often daydream about a greenhouse full of ?????. Then the battle of what strain it would be starts all over again.
Thailebanapali? Ok, I'll take 5 packs of those! lol. Peace

Slim Pickens

Veteran
^

Appreciate the offer of info on Lilly.I always like to get as much info on hybrids I am interested in before I order something.

We all face the same dilemma with regards as to what to plant.As our available space grows,so too does our desire to grow more of the many tantalizing Ace offerings.I'm afraid to look at Ace's website anymore for fear I'll find another "must have".If I see those Moroccans again,I might end up buying even more seeds,and I can't really do that right now.I am hoping to heal to the extent that I can get out my Lebanese and Ethiopian,and maybe the Tikal.Plus what a kind soul sent me some time back,and if I find a source for some Lilly,I'll be full up to my eyebrows. :D

Whoopee...and off we go!

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The 2020 Strain List

The 2020 Strain List

Happy and healthy wishes for you all !!!

This is the list of genetics I have settled on for this season. I will place the grow bag size after each strain. Most are offered through the Ace website. A few are from other breeders. I will list them as the season gets underway.

Romulan x2 45gallon bags.

Grape x2 45 gallon bags

Big Sur Holy Weed x Purple Oaxacan 45 gallon

Purple Satellite 45 gallon

The next bags will all be 35 gallon bags.

Auto Zamaldelica #4 x 2

Blood Rose Auto

CBD#1 × 2

CBD#1× Purple PCK x 2

ORIENT EXPRESS x CBD#1. ×2

SexBud x 2

RedPurps x 2

The next genetics will be outside. One 80 gallon tub may contain two plants. I might have a few random plants on the hillside.

Beldia Moroccan#2 × Moroccan #1. ?

Beldia Moroccan #1 × Lebanese P3. ?

This has been a very difficult list to refine. Just through Ace genetics alone that I really really wanted this season I could have filled the greenhouse. I had earlier planned to do a full auto genetics run this season. That grow would have been incredible!

As you know about my family's health issues. This season is about CBD genetics and a few to spin the fun meter of life. Female seeds has provided two strains that I'm excited to explore.

It goes without saying, Dubi and Ace are on a level of stature in my world that are mythical. Like picking up a guitar and turning into David Gilmour.
Pink Floyd fans will understand that analogy.
Peace farmerlion :tiphat:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
That's a great lineup FL.Soon as I saw the Moroccan on your list my interest meter grew 6 inches.LOL Every time I look at the Ace website,my eyes instinctively seek out the Moroccan.I'd quit looking at that website,but I'm like a moth to a flame.I'm sorely tempted anyway.Hard part is getting to the Post office as I always send payment in cash.

I share your sentiment with regards to Dubi and Ace.I know there are other breeders with integrity,but few with the portfolio of offerings that Ace has.Rare in this day and age.

Slim

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The soil is ready

The soil is ready

Hello all,
After three weeks of nurturing soil. It is teaming with microbial life. I topped off all the bags yesterday with 15 bags of a hummus and manure combination from Scotts.
I added potassium today with a combination of bananas and a pale of Choke cherries. Through multiple runs through a blender with freshly melted lake water. It was cold as a mofo filling those jugs today. A lot of the lake is still covered with ice.

My single change for the soil this season is fresh fruits pureed in the blender. I did do one early round of boiling water and molasses. Adding that to my soil in the first watering. I will continue to purchase strawberries and blueberries during the summer.

I'm curious how an abundance of natural sugars will effect the aromatic phenotypes. I don't think it's going to favour any single fruit family. It may only attract more attention from insects.

This is the large trough outside and two 45 gallon grow bags. The soil is very rich and dark. The Leonardite powder and Source Plus make the soils almost black. A little goes a long way, but over using either or both hasn't shown to have any adverse effects. I started using these products in 2018. They are naturally sourced about 45 miles from where I live. (As the crow flies).

I'm certainly getting excited about germinating seeds in the coming weeks. I have had plenty of time to get things going. The weather has been very erratic with snow, high winds and some sunshine. I hope you all are safe and healthy.
Peace farmerlion.

Attachments

• user35087_pic2030022_1587344164.jpg
    user35087_pic2030022_1587344164.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200419_173859.jpg
    20200419_173859.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200419_173850.jpg
    20200419_173850.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 32

MallardDuck

Im getting excited to germinate some seeds as well. My tomatoes in the window are looking very healthy this year. Looking forward to greener days.

Interesting stuff with the pureed fruit. I wonder if the pulp will attract bugs though. Careful with the chokecherry leaves, stems, and pips... they contain high amounts of cyanide.

Take care

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mallard Duck, thank you for the information. I have 6 trees on my property. Choke cherry jam and syrup are among my favorites. I found a bag in the freezer, so in the blender they went.

I can see myself getting stupid carried away with buying different types of fruit. I better study up on natural sugar in soil first.
I struggle with moderation at times. I hope you are all being safe. I'm tempted to do a few plants about two weeks earlier than originally planned. I will stare at the calendar for a few hours over coffee in the morning.
Peace

MallardDuck

There are tonnes of chokecherry bushes around where I live. I know the ranchers around here sometimes have problems with their cows eating chokecherry bushes and poisoning themselves. I don't know what effect that would have on the soil though.

I have a secret spot on some crown land that I used to go to gather choke cherries... I have never thought to make choke cherry syrup, that sounds divine. There is something special that wild berries and fruit have that store bought can never replicate. I still dream of the times I spent in the Yukon during blueberry season with purple stained fingers.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Celebrate 🍾

Celebrate 🍾

Hello my friends,
Good news from the lions den. Momma lion finished her last day of radiation. She will be on a chemo pill for the next five years. The big stuff is behind her.

[url='https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php

We are blessed and thankful!
I look to getting planting in a few weeks. We are expecting snow again tonight. Nighttime temperatures are still dropping below freezing ��.
Peace farmerlion

MallardDuck

Congratulations. I can almost feel the joy of those smiles through my computer!

My father just recently finished the toughest parts of his treatments for bladder cancer and it is a great feeling. Happy for you.

Take care.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It's been a long year. My heart goes out to any family facing cancer. Especially a female, because you can't be tough for them. No words stop their pain or tears.

Momma and I are looking forward to a beautiful summer grow together. I hope you all take the time to enjoy what's really important in life. Peace from the lions den.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sooooo happy for you, your wife and your family! :ying:

Glad everything went well, she looks fantastic and full of joy. :kiss:
Those smiles open and melt hearts. Enjoy the moment to the MAX!

:party:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Zero potting and fungal repository...WTF is that?

Zero potting and fungal repository...WTF is that?

Hello my friends,
Ok i'm going to cover several things today.I hope my old laptop can load pictures better than my new tablet does.

This is the standard hole I use every season. My amended soils with a seedling mix pressed in firmly. Since I had earlier planned on doing mostly Auto flowering strains this season. I knew if my soil was at mid season form to start the season. I should really be in good shape for auto flowering plants. so I tracked down several articles written by people with Phd's and this is what I learned.

Microbial Bio Stimulants
#1. Fungal communities prefer the no till system. Tilling/reworking your soil, destroys the fungal colonies.

#2. Minerals in soil affect it's Ph. Roots will travel to the best soil food source and Ph.

#3. Microbes only grow at certian food sources for each type of microbe.(Microbes are a cultivar/ species). Specific and different from each other. 99% of microbes are good. Only 1% are bad and they're very bad.

#4. Ph will significantly shift your microbes to another environment.
Ph up or down, any buffer added into the soil substrate will move microbial life away from the acidic or alkaline buffer. This stunts your plants growth. Stabilize and stay consistent with amendments.

(EXAMPLE)
Teas, One type of microbe will eat the most available food source. Then another microbe will eat the next available food source. this continues sequentially until all food sources are depleted. Continually changing to different species of microbes.

Tea's need consistent inputs to work in the root zone properly. Don't change up your tea recipe throughout the season. Roots acclimate to a certian type of microbe for nutrient uptake. Your plant isn't always in nutrient lockup? YOU KILLED YOUR MICROBIAL LIFE THAT FEEDS YOUR PLANTS. I didn't know that either.

If you want to experiment with different teas. Do it in separate bags at the beginning of the season. Continually feeding each tea the same Organic matter.

#5. CARBON aka Organic matter. Organic matter in your soil is the single best subsrate amendment you can add to your soil.

Innoculants before planting are crucial when the soil doesn't have a plant to feed it. The rhizosphere (root zone) needs consistent microbial Ph balanced stimulants. Healthy roots, water anf food sources for your microbes.

#6. The sum of microbes are better than any single species on it's own.

#7. Lolli popping and defoliating. Had positive results from stressing. There is a loss of humidity control.

Lolli popping increases the salinity of the plant in PPM. NOT THE SOIL OR GROW MEDIUM PPM...
Reduce the amount of nutrients (fish emulsions, kelp and chemical based salts) etc. This pertains to all styles of growing. (DWC, HYDRO, SOIL LESS).

Nitrogen 50 to 200 ppm 150 ppm is ideal.

Potassium wasn't mentioned in a PPM #%.

Phosphorus low 5 ppm to a high of 80 ppm. 15 ppm is ideal.
85% is leeched, washed out. this is wasted money and causes Ph imbalances that slow plant growth. Remember about killing your microbial life? The total amount of fertilizers you over use is just adding expenses to your grow that is being slowed down because of them. This affects your harvest quality and quantity.

Plants turn purple wnen phosphorus is denied. They will also change color in cooler temperatures.

Cal-Mag epsom salts, one or the other is needed, not both most often.
I hope this will help you have a more productive growing experience. I will detail what i'm doing with pictures in the next post.
Peace farmerlion.:tiphat: