What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Kandy Kush X OG/Fluence SPYDR2i VS Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum//High PPFD grow

Looks nice.:tiphat:

They do, but I have reached the limit I could push the ones under the CMH lights maybe I pushed them to hard to soon?
I never got to 2.0 EC on 4th week Flower.

So I ended up having to give a watering to the ones under the CMH with just H2O and dial them back to 1.8, but if you look at them side by side, they look like different plants.

I will write an update later about last week and my findings, It was the right move, going led and CO2 enrichment. Learning lots

Sayan

Hey dude, amazing grow you have there. I'm really looking towards LED lighting. I'm not ready yet to let my HPS go but one day maybe...
I feel weird for having a 2,5 EC on my plants on week 3 but seems to be ok so far...

Good luck !

Hey dude, amazing grow you have there. I'm really looking towards LED lighting. I'm not ready yet to let my HPS go but one day maybe...
I feel weird for having a 2,5 EC on my plants on week 3 but seems to be ok so far...

Good luck !

Thanks bro, great having you here, 2,5 Ec with CO2 enrichment?

Sayan

No CO2, never tought of using it, maybe I should look into it. Just spend the day trying to figure out the COB LED thing... It seems like I'll have to study for a while before building the thing !

Day 60: uncertain about feeding

Day 60: uncertain about feeding

Day 60 from seed 30th Flowering

Fluence SPYDR 2i LED(16 cm from top of canopy)
EC: 1.8
PH: 6,2/6,3
RH: 70/75%
Temp: 27/28ºC
CO2: 1200 ppm
PPF: 1279 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

Dimlux Dual Full Spectrum CMH(50 cm from top of canopy)
PH: 6,2/6,3
RH: 70/75%
Temp: 27/28ºC
PPF: 1035 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

It has to be a week since I last posted and am having a bit of uncertainty regarding the feeding schedule.
This is my first time using LEDs and also CO2 and am having an attempt at High Intensity growing. I grew for many years in a way I very hardly went over 1.8EC on Indicas, and I grew many Sativa dominant Hybrids with maximum EC´s of 1.2. With CO2 and High PPF at was at 2.0 EC in week 4 flower.

The ones under the Dimlux CMH lights I had to back off from 2.0 to 1.8 EC and I gave her a mild rinse with water prior to that

Here are the Dimlux ladies

picture.php
picture.php

From here they might not look bad, but burned tips and claw-shaped leaves were beginning to show up, my thinking is that I might have increased the EC too soon for the PPF I was hitting the plants with? CO2 was at 1100 ppm by that stage also

picture.php
picture.php

I will bring the EC up again to 2.0 in my next watering, alongside the last push in PPF and CO2.

Last edited:
And these are the Fluence SPYDR 2i Ladies, believe it or not, both Dimlux and Fluence are the same genetics. Everything under the LEDs seems to grow different, you have to love those CMH or HPS colas, but you want to see a plant full of buds from top to bottom this is what you need

picture.php
picture.php

What this means is that under the same or very similar parameters the same genetics, the ones under the Fluence SPYDR LEDs have a bigger better tolerance to food. But since am a bit lost I did a slurry test, that came out low on EC 0.6 if I had to believe this I should be able to feed them even harder, but my eyes are telling me I might be close to an excess of nutrients so I backed off a little to 1.8 EC and I didn't rinse the soil, until two waterings later that what I did(today) was a light feed at 1.0 EC.

picture.php
picture.php

I will keep a close eye in the next couple of days. The idea is to bring the EC up to 2.0 on next watering, 2.2/2.4 for the last three weeks, and help them with a good dose of PPF and CO2.

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 60 from seed / 30th day Flowering **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,4ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1.7ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 1.7ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud: 1.7ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients B52: 1ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Nirvana: 1 X liter
Advanced Nutrients BudFactor X: 1ml X liter
Canna Cannazym: 2ml X liter
Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)

Til next one, stay safe:tiphat:

Last edited:
Day 70 from seed: Explosive growth

Day 70 from seed: Explosive growth

Day 70 from seed 40th day Flowering

EC: 1.8/2.0
PH: 6,3
RH: 55%
Temp: 24/24ºC
PPF: 1487 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

Temp: 24/25ºC
PPF: 1411 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

6th-week flower almost over and now am at full blast, light intensity at 100% in both systems and CO2 at 1200ppm, after a crazy 28ºC 75% schedule I had an email with someone from Fluence EU he advised to bring down RH to avoid brotitis, that magic word made me back off,and I have to wait for a week or so to talk to the guy again as he is traveling,I trust him, but now am not sure if those parameters are not advised at all, or if it's ok to go until certain stage like that to bring it down the last 3 weeks.

In any case, plants are OK, a bit beat mainly due to some excess nutrients, coming from seed with 3 different phenos that was kind of expected

picture.php
picture.php

Coming from seed I was expecting a much messier canopy

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

I can see the plants under the fluence lights to be more matured, and I have a feeling they will be ready at least a week earlier than the ones under the dimlux lights....coming next

All along with the plants under the Dimlux CMH looked different, much taller plants bigger heads but not bigger production and not as easy to feed, taking from week 3 flowering 0.2 EC points less on every watering, structurally a typical HPS type of plant

picture.php
picture.php

These plants are at least a week behind the ones under the Fluence lights, this means that these will be ready on their time:9 weeks and the ones under the SPYDR´s will be ready a week before the time

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 70 from seed / 40th day Flowering **

Grotek Pro Silicate: 0,4ml X liter(always mix it with the water 4 H before mixing main fertilizers)
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 2 ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 2 ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Overdrive: 2 ml X liter
Growcentia Mammot P: 0,16ml X liter (always mix it after other Fertz/additives and once the mix is PH Balanced)

Til next one, stay safe

Gonna be some monster colas! :canabis:
Yep both showing colas, but is frightening the amount of bud you get everywhere with the LEDs, you are at between 15 to 20 cents from the canopy, there is one that I super cropped and she pulled herself back up again, she is at 8 cents from the light for weeks, no bleaching, she is getting a foxtail up top that's it

Another thing you have to give it to is genetic, you can buy this seeds wholesale dirt cheap I can see two very clear distinct phenos but all very similar in height and shape, stable I would say and believe me if you are looking for mold-resistant strains, this one took 3 weeks of 75% RH, no one sign of mold
canabis.gif
, I did collect a couple of mushrooms once, not jocking, but no mold whatsoever

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
No CO2, never tought of using it, maybe I should look into it. Just spend the day trying to figure out the COB LED thing... It seems like I'll have to study for a while before building the thing !

COB is not the best choice now. Check out the Quantum board design with white color LED. It is the one that most people use. :tongue:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
And these are the Fluence SPYDR 2i Ladies, believe it or not, both Dimlux and Fluence are the same genetics. Everything under the LEDs seems to grow different, you have to love those CMH or HPS colas, but you want to see a plant full of buds from top to bottom this is what you need

View ImageView Image

What this means is that under the same or very similar parameters the same genetics, the ones under the Fluence SPYDR LEDs have a bigger better tolerance to food. But since am a bit lost I did a slurry test, that came out low on EC 0.6 if I had to believe this I should be able to feed them even harder, but my eyes are telling me I might be close to an excess of nutrients so I backed off a little to 1.8 EC and I didn't rinse the soil, until two waterings later that what I did(today) was a light feed at 1.0 EC.

View ImageView Image

I will keep a close eye in the next couple of days. The idea is to bring the EC up to 2.0 on next watering, 2.2/2.4 for the last three weeks, and help them with a good dose of PPF and CO2.

** FEEDING SCHEDULE DAY 60 from seed / 30th day Flowering **

Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Bloom A+B: 1.7ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy: 1.7ml X liter
Advanced Nutrients Big Bud: 1.7ml X liter

Til next one, stay safe:tiphat:

Looks very nice. :plant grow:

Looks very nice. :plant grow:

Thanks mate,after all they did came out nice, cant wait for next run knowing what I know now:headbange.I ve checked LED from the distance since year 2000 and it has come a loooong way, to the point that now is clear, it is the future some amazing technology out there this days, and all of you guys in this space deserve a round of applause for making us growers life much easier and our crops much tastier:canabis:

86 days from Seed: Game Over, harvest time

86 days from Seed: Game Over, harvest time

Day 86 from seed 56th day flowering

EC: 0.1(h2o)
Temp: 24/24ºC
PPF: 1487 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

EC: 0.1(h2o)
Temp: 24/25ºC
PPF: 1411 umol/s (hottest spot at center of canopy)

Haven´t updated for a couple of weeks, confinement is over and I am back to work.
Food, light intensity, and all parameters were kept the same as the last update until a week ago that I started to feed the plants with water and AN Flawless Finish.

The ladies under the Fluence SPYDR 2i still amaze me when I walk into the room, the size of the colas and rock-solid for what I see there is no one bud wasted from top to bottom.

picture.php
picture.php

Light penetration is brilliant, but since it was my first LED and CO2 grow didn't pay much attention to defoliation, the next one I will.

picture.php
picture.php

I found 4 different phenotypes, 3 very dominant, one I just had two plants, very small, totally Indica. From the 3 main phenos, one goes to purple colors, is also the stickiest, another one I call it the cauliflower pheno, all 3 support solid hard buds

picture.php

The ladies under the Dimlux CMH lights, performed different, still good buds, hard, but some of them grew so differently from their sisters under the Fluence lights, they almost look like different genetics.

picture.php
picture.php

Biggest fattest single cola is one of the Dimlux ladies, CMH lights grow the classic HPS type of plants, a long and wide center cola, some good top buds, but as soon as you pass the top third of the plant, the size, and quality of buds ain't there

picture.php
picture.php

This last picture you can see at the back the length of the center buds, arm size

picture.php

And that's all folks, I hope this grow diary helps anyone if it is in the same situation I was, with a brand new pair of High-Intensity Full Spectrum LED lights a bottle of CO2 and no much idea on how to do it.

I enjoyed your support, opinions, and help. I started a couple of decades ago at getting help, asking questions, and learning about being a grower in this kind of forums where people help and show their learnings for free.
Let's not forget where we come from, keep publishing, even if it is every couple of years. Sharing knowledge is what has pushed this industry that far so quickly. Lets never forget that.

When people talk about the size of their buds there is one universal unit of measure for this.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Yep, the ancient can of Coke measuring technique....

Stay Safe kids!

Latest posts

Latest posts