What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing Inside the Box

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Weekend Update...

Weekend Update...

Hiya Des :wave:
You are fast bro - snuck in a visit while I was posting the update - much appreciated buddy! If your ICU room was as clean as my box, gonna have to send them a letter, they shudda had you puffin on organic meds dude! Thanks Des, you sure know how to make a dirt farmer smile!

Had some surprises and extra chores this week... Gave all the flowering girls what I thought was a light dose of Liquid Karma, 2 days later most of them were burning leaves. Gave all of them a good flush, hope that will fix 'em up.

The MiniKush is definitely no mini. Started flower at 20 inches and at 19 days she's 41 inches tall. Can't let her get any taller, so snapped the top cola 15 inches from the top and let it hang.

I have a nice BigBud x STD vegging, 2 feet tall today, put her in a bigger pot and stuck her in the cabinet. Her pics will be in the next set of shots.

SSH day 84 flower

Chop scheduled for mid week, packin on the frost, doesn't show well in the photos but she is starting to turn a bit blue!

Mongrul day 37 flower

With a bit over 2 weeks to go, she's looking and smelling lovely, nice and frosty :yummy:

AK47 day 19 flower

This one burned just a bit but still looks good, filiing in...

Bogglegum day 19 flower

Filling in real nice after the trim, she took the LK without a problem, I'm hoping she'll be ready in 3-4 weeks.

BlueShiva day 19 flower

This girl is looking better than I expected. No return of the thrips yet - fingers crossed - nice flowers, no smell yet.

DAxCH day 19 flower

This one burned the most - but looking ok after a flush.

MiniKush day 19 flower

What can I say about this tall stretchy lady? Hope she doesn't stretch much more. Have a few rooted cuts in veg, if I run her again going to start a bit shorter...

That's all for now - I'll be back with harvest shots of the SSH next time :wave:

hanfiking

you can see a slight blue hue in the thumbnails of the SSH, you should turn down the temps
by one degree and see what happens I wish you good luck, so I can put it in the PSConnoisseur.
I like your technique on the bobblegum, very nice work!
have a good week guys.

hazy

Veteran
Hello Mr GJ:wave:
Great plants as always. I like your SSH. Nice yielder it looks like. Mine doesn't have buds near that big. I really love the high but have more beans and am going to run them to do a mom search. I hope I find one like that baby you got.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya hanfiking :wave:
Thanks for the comments mate! Chopped the SSH this morning, she didn't get bluer, but she's still pretty. Pics coming up.

Hiya hazy :wave:
Thanks for the props buddy! Yeah, I got lucky on this SSH. It was a reveg from a friend, she did better this time around, looks like 87 days was the sweet spot for her. Great that you have more beans of her - I'm sure you'll find a good one!

Here's the harvest pics...

Wasn't able to get a rooted cut of her, so trying to reveg her a 2nd time.

Pics of the other plants coming this weekend... Thanks for lookin! -MGJ

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
NICE Mr. Greenjeans!!! Looks like some fire! Good luck with the re-veg. You know they say, " every cloud has a super silver lining."

Props....D

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Dr Dog :wave:
Thanks buddy! Can't wait until I can sneak a taste! Hiatus? Taking a growing vacation? Have fun dude!

Hiya Big D :wave:
Thanks mate! Thanks for the luck, I'd be very happy to grow her again, and take a few cuts. "Super Silver Lining", love it, I'm gonna use that line!!!!

Weekend update:

Mongrul day 44 flower

I promised her I would wait, but she is so tempting already... :biglaugh:

The next bunch are all on day 27

AK47 / Blue Shiva

The AK's soil is still a bit hot, she needs a good flush tonight. The Blue Shiva is bulking up, no perfume yet.

Bogglegum / DA x CH / MiniKush

Bogglegum is looking purty, trimmed a bit more new lower growth. DA x CH is tightening up - have 2 more of these in veg - hope they're girls! Minikush looks to be growing some pom pom buds... On her big picture I have 2 red arrows on the ends of the branch I snapped.

And 2 additions, BigBud x STD day 6 / Dreamweaver day 2

Both these plants are pretty vigorous, needed a trimming to squeeze them into the closet. Dreamweaver isn't sexed yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend! :wave: -MGJ

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I suppose you're dazed & confused from SSH samplers..so I'll keep it short..and no the monitor is not moving back & forth..hehe..
Chop 1 add 2..I like your math..and did I hear the word "flush" used on a MGJ post..say it isn't so..
That's it next thead is gonna be called "The Flush Box" or "The Root Bathhouse" < maybe not..might get folks visiting not interested in seeing plants..hehe
Looks tasty in the cab..you go Flavor Flav! :wave:

Anima

when you say "hot soil" on the AK do you mean it is too rich? or that the pH is off?

That bogglegum reminds me I gotta do some lower branch trimming ;)

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya packn :wave:

Flush flush flush your troubles away - follow up with a bidet (ouch)...:yoinks: Hmmm - Maybe when in doubt, flush it out? Nah, I better stop before I get bopped...

Flavor Flav - did you see the Comedy Channel Roast of Flav? What a gut buster that was!

Chop one add two - well, back down to one, the Dreamweaver started throwing balls... Gotta check what else I can put in.

Glad you like the selection buddy - grab what you like and get vaped :rasta:

Hiya Anima :wave:
Too rich - every so often after I mix up the soil I have a problem a few weeks out - this time I mixed up some Liquid Karma, thought I gave it half strenght but must've goofed. She's recovered and new leaves are looking good.

Your boomsticks - man, you giving them mutant nutes? Very vigorous looking!

Anima

:laughing:
lol Aside from the Boomstick just being a BEAST!- I don't know if I ever put up my secret recipe..:listen2:

:chin:per 13 gallons of regular chlorinated tap water starting ppm=140:
100-125mL Flora nova bloom (or 50-75mL Grow if in veg)
~50mL floralicous bloom (or ~25ml floralicous grow) (flavor additive)
~35-40mL Silica blast
~20mL Hydroguard (lately I have just been using the bio sponges in my filter/waterfall pumps and squeeze some brown goop from one res to the other):yoinks: I wait for the water to sit and aerate for an hour or two first to get enough of the chlorine out so that my bugs can live, it doesn't take long as soon as you start bubbling it and mixing it up :2cents:
~12-25mL fulvic acid
2 weeks before the flush I add a tablespoon (give or take a taste) of molasses to the res.

comes out to about 750-1100ppm's and turns my drops pH test piss yellow (thats about 6.0)...

Nitric acid for pH down if I need it (usually don't need it to start off, but after a few topoffs the pH drifts down)
Then I just feed each res about 2 gallons of water a day after they get big....

And thats my secret recipe... or at least how I do it now..

I know for a fact that Flora nova works great in soil too ;) It's a bummer it is getting kinda pricy though...They want almost $100 for a gallon of it at a hydro store by me :yoinks:...but they want $100 for a 400w eye hortilux bulb too.

Ok im rambling again...This latest boomstick crop aint even totally dry but it still puts me in lala land ...

Anyways,:joint: Do you ever check your runoff pH levels?

Peace and kindness
-Anima

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
just astonished brotha mad skills going on here tuesday i'll send your letter off :)

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Anima :wave:
Wow - thx for the formula buddy! Wish I had a bit more height in the cabinet I'd give hydro a try. I don't think the problem is the nutes - I think it's me giving more than I realise.:asskick:

I don't water to runoff as often as I should - if I notice a problem, I check runoff and if pH or EC is way off I flush with 2-3 gal of weak nutes and check again next watering.

Feel free to ramble on mate! I hear that Divine Apollo can bring on the rambles..... :abduct:

Hiya Major :wave:
You're too kind my brotha - thanks for your generosity! Gotta make it over to your thread....

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Happy Days

Happy Days

Very busy this week dealing with administrative types - yucko - but very happy with rooting success and the Mongrul - so took a few pics to share the happiness.

Success in rooting - had to mod the dome rooting tray:

The medium containers that sit on the ridges were not staying out of the water - keeping the soil to wet. I have sheets of the plastic screening in the picture - the sheets are a about 1 mm thick, so I cut 2 pieces that fit in the bottom of the tray - keeping the roots 2 mm above the ridges. Problem solved. I'm not rooting 100%, but I'm happy with 6-7/10. Some AK47, Bogglegum, and DAxCH getting ready to flower out later...

Here's the Mongrul last night:

Must have her dialed in pretty good - she's looking like a white strain at 49 days flower :woohoo: Core, UDAMAN!!!

B

buzzed day

man all looks good here my freind ! sorry haven't stoped by for awhile but electric and internet gone for awhile lol (still is}.going to go read some back pages of yours peace. ps. i will have 2 closets, 2 by 3 ft approamently 1 with 400 other with 2, 150 hps but i'm hopeing something really neat happens on the inside lol.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow wow wow :woohoo: that mongrel always impresses but urs are really bad ass for day 49 brother :respect:...
always lurkin bro :lurk:
peace-T-

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Yes the mongrul looks like a spectacular strain. And yours represents that fact well!

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
picture.php

That's a POTM candidate if I ever saw one....sweet man.

Nice work :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts