What's new

Growing in an Aerogarden

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i found those quat 55 watt cfls at lowes clearance for 1 dollar each!!!! i have a stack of like 20 of them in my basement :)
Yep.... Dunno what the problem is in the states, but folks just don't seem to see the true value in these types of CFLs. Personally I use the PL-L 55w lamps as they're truly efficient for a CFL. Great stuff but nobody uses them much here in the states either.

I guess the extra work of screwing a ballast to something solid and running 2 wires is too difficult for the average american nowdays. :nanana:

Good thing we have a recession going on as that always seems to get people reminded they are quite capable of doing a bazillion things they normally wouldn't. :)

boomer, or anyone, if i decided to transplant one if these can i now or is it too late to do it? if not what kind of soil and all that goodstuff. thanks

dougi15

Kyle, that setup is a lot better for them. I bought a 125 watt hydrofarm CFL setup. I have that over the top and the aerogarden 3 light hood on the side. I just rotate the aerogarden and plants each day so all the sides are getting light. I am late into flowering and it seems to be helping dramatically.

dougi15

My biggest plant just doesn't seem to want to grow large buds. They are still pretty small, I don't know what the problem is, the smaller one though is growing decent size buds. They are two different strains. It just seems like somethings wrong with the one. Any ideas?

click post reply. click the paperclip looking symbol. browse your compueter for the pictures then click upload. wait a couple seconds then you can close that window. then submit reply. thats how i do it

Rose56

Doug, I am not sure you can post pictures before you have "enough" posts so if you can't that may be the problem.

Kyle, I transplanted the two non AF's a month ago I had in my aero here are a couple of pictures of them in soil. It is doable but you'll need to re veg them if you do.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rose56

Kyle, 18/6 is good. This is what I did. I bought two 3g nursery pots and 2 10 pots with saucers from Walmart. A bag of Miracle Grow potting soil 2 cubic feet size, a bag of Perlite and a bag of earthworm casings (optional) all had at Walmart. I mixed together the soil perlite and worm casings together. I then filled a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full with the soil mix and then poured in water with the a drop of Superthrieve in it until it was a bit soupy. Took the saucer from the 10 inch pots and put it inside the 3g pots.
Okay *gently* lift the plant out of the aero using the plastic basket ( if the roots are too tangled you can cut them but if you can avoid it do so). While holding your plant with one hand let the roots dangle into the pot. Now with a bowl or something scoop the soil water mix into the pot slowly filling it. Let it drain the saucer will slow that down a lot. Then just let them be under that 18/6 light for a month only water them as needed. Then switch the lights back to 12/12.

alright thanks rose. ill have to stop at wal mart. uhh. . how much of each do i mix in? iv never mixed soil or anything. so i would have soil mix in some pearlite and earthworm casings and water?

update. is there any trimming i can do now ?

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • day 11
    day 11
    60.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 20
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 22

Rose56

Kyle, The earth casings (don't worry about it if they don't have it at yours) and perlite typically come in small bags with about 8qts I mix both bags into a 2 cubic feet miracle gro soil. When you do that transplant know that the water will be draining from the pots for several hours. I don't think that is a nute burn but keep an eye on it. You don't want to do any trimming before you transplant because you want to limit the amount of stress.

alright. rose i got miracle grow potting mix and perlite. no earthworm castings though. gonna transplant them tomorrow and put some of my new seeds in the aero get them germed and started. yay.

update: yesterday i transplanted the plants. looked at them today they looked to be still alive, doesnt look like they are in bad shape. ill take a picture tomorrow of them. also i would like to know how much do i water them a day? or everyotherday?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
update: yesterday i transplanted the plants. looked at them today they looked to be still alive, doesnt look like they are in bad shape. ill take a picture tomorrow of them. also i would like to know how much do i water them a day? or everyotherday?

Holy Christ! I water them in when transplanted and then wait a week or so. Let the soil go good and dry between waterings. I like them to begin to wilt before I re-water. DO NOT OVER WATER. Let that soil go dry.