What's new

Growing in an Aerogarden

Rose56

Hi All, I have been growing in a couple of aerogardens with some autoflowering stains with good success nad thought I'd share and see if anyone else is using them. Here are some pictures of a grow that is close to harvest. Two of the girls are 2' tall the smaller one is about a foot tall.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rose56

i tried to post messge on your page rose but it didnt work. ok, as of now i have freebies in my aero CLASSIC, the basic one. they are actually looking pretty decent. on friday it will be 3 weeks since i put the seeds in the aero. i put the setting on herbs/ basil, dont ask why i didnt know any better. i am hopeing soon to upgrade and get the deluxe model just so i have the extra space and better lighting. like i said i am very new at this and this is my first attempt ever at growing and i feel stupid putting a non autoflowering plant in it. the real seeds i ordered were nirvana bubblelicous. so im guessing i wont be able to grow these in the aero? which sucks because transplanting and growing in soil and what not will just be brand new as well. i guess i am going to have to buy an auto flower, any suggestings on what kind/ the best? also what should i do about the plants in the aero now and the bubblelicious? i appreciate the help

Rose56

kylepaulripped, How handy are you? You can easily use a printer cable with the figure 8 plug and rig the light separately and then rig something to raise it higher as your plants grow. I won't try transplanting at this stage. I'd also wait another 4 weeks depending how tall they are now before switching your lights to 12/12. I use the salad setting because that is the only one on the classic that keeps the pump going 24/7. Growing in soil isn't hard at all.

lol damn man i wish you can draw diagrams i feel like a freakin idiot. im not very handy when it comes to this stuff. i have 3 plants in it now because the other two grew upside down or someshit. i will actually try to take a picture now. bare with me this will probaly be another challenge for me lol. also i have a printer, but not seeing anything that looks like a figure 8? dont rip on me man i am not technical or mechanical or anything

let me know if the picture works or if i need to make it bigger, also rose i see what you mean with the figure 8 thing. thats a good idea. what strain of low ryder you think i should buy, which have to had success with?

Rose56

Itsaplant, True enough but the idea of the whole rubbermaid thing was too intimidating for me.
Kyle, What nutes are you using on them? I'd just stick with their recommended schedule. I've grown diesel ryder which is a smaller pheno and pretty potent they also are very smelly and can be a little tricky when they are first starting out.
Lowlife's Auto Ak-47 gives a bigger yield easier to grow less smelly but not too potent.
White Dwarf gives a good yield easy to grow a little slower to finish I won't get a chance to taste it for another week or so because it is just finishing up but they smell good.
The grow in the picture isn't available yet that's Mdanzig's Sour Bubbleryder that I would recommend once it comes out.
Anything from the Joint Doctor or Mdanzig is good. I think Mdanzig's Masterlow is a smaller pheno.
The fact that you have only three plants in there is a good thing since they are non AF's. Be sure to cover the holes that dont have plants so you don't any problems with algae. Oh and what's you water like? It isn't softened is it? Where do you have t set up? I notice you have some mylar which is good but if it is in a closet or something it might get too warm so you'll want to watch out for that.

as of right now i am only using the nutes that come with it and im open for suggestions on what elseto use with these aero nutes. Not too sure what my water is like, im gonna have to get a ph tester im assuming. I use my britta water. . is that bad? if so i will change that NOW. i have my aero in my closet(i live in an apartment) but the temperature in here is usually 70-75, plus i have a fan on em. thiink it will get too warm? oh and can anyone see the picture i posted? are the leaves supposed to look like that

dougi15

I am on my first try with my aero, so far all I have used is the aero nutes. The plants are 2 weeks into flowering and look wonderful. I don't hook my lights up separately either. I leave the pumps off when the lights are off. I would appreciate any advice on the aero nutes. Thanks

N707

i know rose isnt the only one using an aero, anyone else have some input to help out with

A buddy used them with some WR clones and they actually worked well. I ran 12/12 after the 4 internode. I recall him getting about 2 zips off it....not bad and it was decent smoke.

good old areo garden you can also make a setup like that for about 25 dollars

I'm sorry bro, you cannot get the bulbs that come with it for $25....lol. They are quad power compacts. Maybe if you grabbed some 2nd hand stuff of Craig's, you could build something.
You can make a much better system for the price of it.....but people are paying for the looks and set it/forget it route. I personally think they look great in a kitchen on the countertop growing spices.

Rose56

Thanks, Kno3brok.
Kyle yeah your picture posted I would guess that that your plant is fine as long as it doesn't get any worse they should be fine. 70-75 isn't too warm but if you have a pool or aquarium thermometer you might want to make sure the bowl's water gets too warm. Once the water level drops obviously every day is when I add extra nutes. Like I have said before I keep the bowl topped off when my plants start to drink 1-2 cups a day I will add 1/8 teaspoon of Foxfarm Big Grow or Bloom Big and a pinch of FF's OPen Seaseme or Cha-ching every 4-5 days. I also will dip a tablespoon into some molassas so its coated in it and then stir it into a glass of water and then use that water to top off the bowl. Whatever you use less is more.

thanks for the help rose. i actually went to walmart to get something so i didnt have to wait for something to be delivered. i picked up super thrive. so im going to be using that with te aero nutes. im gonna take some more pictures in a couple days when i have to raise the lighting because the one big one is getting close to the top.

N707

i found those quat 55 watt cfls at lowes clearance for 1 dollar each!!!! i have a stack of like 20 of them in my basement :)

Damnit....I just picked up some CLF's from our lowes...the cheapest ones they had were $6. The quads were about $22 on thursday...lol.
Nice find......

quick update i just switched the lights to 12/12. i finally got another figure 8 cord so i have that hooked up to a timer and i put the pump so its on 24/7 (salad setting). i also got a ph test kit, the water was at around 7.4 ish now its down to 6.0-6.3ish. hopefully everything turns out good. i will have more pics in the begining of next week