What's new

Growing in an Aerogarden

Rose56

Jack, You're right the aerogarden works best for Autoflowering strains it also rock with cloning and germinating seeds. I just had to transplant two plants that didn't autoflower into soil because they out grew the bowl.
Kyle here are some pictures of what I mean by tying them down. You just need to be gentle and not go too far you can slowly lower them if needed but you'll need to do it a little at a time every few days.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

damn. thanks rose. i will probaly have to do that in 2 or 3 days. also i will post pictures either tomorrow or the next day to show an update.

another update, 12/12 12 days in. how they looking?

Attachments

• all3.JPG
    all3.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 30
  • big one.JPG
    big one.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 21
  • little1..JPG
    little1..JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 26
  • little2.JPG
    little2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 20

Rose56

Kyle, They are looking very healthy. You'll want to cover the empty pod openings milk caps work well you just want to block out the light so you don't get too much algae.

alright good to hear. now, in about a month i am leaving for about a week. and i know the water wont last that long with out running out so if i chop them in a month i know they wont be fully ready but will this be bad/not worth it? its pretty much the only option i have. i think?

Rose56

Kyle, Can't tell the sex yet but it s like you have a seedling growing in the same pod as picture three if it is you'll need to pull it out you may be able to transplant it into an empty one. I won't chop them when you leave just top off the water, turn off the fan and set your thermostat to around 65-68 and they should be okay for a week if they die you'll be no worse off then f you chop them before you leave. Oh and if you have extra light turn them off while you are gone.

jwm

Veteran
ahhhh, there cute! Nice job~I often thought about doing starts in an aero garden...

Rose56

Kyle, I keep forgetting to ask you this where are you growing in a closet? Your Kitchen? Bathroom? Are they getting complete darkness for the 12 hours?

lol its funny you ask. i had an un suspected visitor that stayedfor a couple days. it was in my closet which is by the living room. moved it into my clothes closet. just moved it back to the original closet. yes they are getting full 12 of dark. i just ordered the upgrade for the extended hood. the biggest one is up in the lights and its as far up as it can go. plus it will have 3 lghts instead of 2 and will be very useful

Rose56

Kyle, I got mine at Walmart but any store that has aquairum supplies will have them. The pump is around $10 the tubing a dollar or two and same with the air stones. Just ask them for an air pump tube and air stone for your aquarium.

alright. well im down to the two smaller plants. my stupid ass girlfriend just snapped the big one in half trying to "bend it away from the light" that made my night

alright i went to walmart. bought a pump some clear tubing and they didnt sell airstones anymore so i got bubble stone. i will show pictures. rose can you tell me how to set this up in my aero? also i was just thinking of maybe pulling the plug on this grow since they were only freebee's and start on my autoflower ak diesel. what yu think?

Rose56

Kyle, Good deal. You can either put the stone through one of the empty pods or through the door where you add water. Do you have a safe outdoor area? If your weather permits it I'd transplant the non af's into soil and grow them outside. If not I'd stick with them just for the experience of growing. Screw ups do and will happen.