What's new

Growing all red question.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Yes tenthirty - Like that.

Degree - Yes. Actually, they were very poor in most regards at encouraging us to think outside of some lines, but in reality, that is where it is at these days. I actually took my schooling and headed in to the field. Without giving away too much personal information, let me say that I spend a large amount of time and effort helping customers that use large amounts of energy reduce their consumption by thinking outside of some very rigid lines of thinking. This takes a lot of tedious trial and error and study of results. Most work is on existing equipment and there is substantial risk as these customers are operating and need to stay on-line.

However, my hobby is personal and very much medical. I used to have fairly good sized grows and tried all kinds of craziness. Now I am relegated to small areas. Therefore, I have found myself much more focussed on efficiency and I am careful not to cause myself too much trouble. I am really focussed on dialing in temp, humidity, CO2, strain selection (tough there are too many good ones!), stealth and yes lighting. Even when the desire to step outside of the box is strong, the millions of years of symbiosis between sunlight and plants, is hard to ignore. Where I step outside the box in that regard is trying to use new tech.

Feeling long winded and not wanting to overrun this thread, I will once again wish you all success and go back to playing with my CDMs.

Well I never intended on using all red...wait thats a lie. I started out with the idea Mostly red, a little blue. Then when I heard about people using HPS for clone,veg, and flowering, I was like hey, That means I can use a Red led for the same. But I'm sure I could do so but doesn't like its what I should do. But its hard to listen to these people say no no no when they don't even know what the correct way would be outside full spectrum.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ if your meaning veg with high red,, you can do that.. I've ran numerous LED with high red for veg, I might even think plants like it in veg, or at least the plants looks great under high red...

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe you should try an all red grow for the sake of seeing what happens

its not like you cant add more fixtures and however you look at it you want a lot of red

having it all in one spot might not be the good plan but who knows?

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have been over all the nasa data and it is well worth the read. The different spectrum options that could be done are never ending and exactly why I see this as an exciting year for LEDs.

SO many cool projects going on and I can't wait to see all these projects start coming together. Really great stuff guys and gals.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are many ways to approach LED gardening

if one buys completed fixtures from resellers; they are pretty spendy; one can find the same fixtures through ali for less and; one can build their own fixture{s} for less as well

once you compound the decreases in power consumption both using less to run the light and much less for cooling thats where the price is really different