What's new

Growers NEED to tell the truth on this one!!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Glad I got your attention. Here we go fellow growers. I keep hearin, keep your light very close to your plants.Well...when I look at some amazin grows here I see lights like 2-3 feet from the canopy . Sometimes 4 ft!! I went with the closer is better theory and seemed to suffer a bit. If your light is low it covers MUCH less space!! I see shading on the backspace on my gals.I see it all the time, folks puttin up good numbers and showin their grow I notice the lightin is way higher than I thougt it should be, or was told it should be.How far is YOUR light from the center of your canopy???? Inquiring minds really need to know. Also What is your footprint and wattage??:thank you:

Midnight

Veteran
When I do indoors I have a 10x10 room with two 1kw lights. I always try to keep them 3 to 4 feet above my plants. Any closer and heat becomes an issue.

week23.jpg

Ended up with this.
DSC00624.JPG

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Thanks Midnight...looks like one of those great grows I was referring too friend!! sooo you go 3-4 feet.

F

Fastcast

I have two 400 watt,both HPS.Keep them at 2' to 2.5 '.I do have a window shaker though.Safe groing

i say it depends on size of space and numbers i mean more light more big dense buds. 7&1/2 ft by about6 ft space (8x8 shed after black out room) 2400 watts almost 5 lbs slamming them down on top of plants 12-18 inches but in a bigger set up the loss of foot print might out weigh.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Please tell me what your footprint is when you reply BTW. This promises to get VERY interesting, Keep it coming!!

hell my foot print was hard to say. With that much light in such a small space, with reflective material on the side, light was every where!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was running a 400 for veg and flower on my last run and I probably had it around 15" from average canopy height. My footprint is pretty much 3'x3' so I was trying to get it as close as possible before heat was an issue. I'm vegging at about this height from canopy now as well but will be flowering with a 1k and that will be a whole other ball game.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
I was running a 400 for veg and flower on my last run and I probably had it around 15" from average canopy height. My footprint is pretty much 3'x3' so I was trying to get it as close as possible before heat was an issue. I'm vegging at about this height from canopy now as well but will be flowering with a 1k and that will be a whole other ball game.
Sooo what is your plan for the 1000??? We now have 15" in a 3x3 I really think this thread wlli end up bein very useful...Idiot out!:tiphat:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Come on...132 veiws and only 14 replys??? Just tell me already. This shit WILL be helpful.

Last edited:
F

Fastcast

what is your space bud??:thank you:[/quote]
Hey man,my space is about 40"x11',with a pitch to it at 6' center.Good thread Useful.PS,I forgot to say my lights are open.

Latest posts

Latest posts