What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JackTheGrower

isnt it you can have an oz on you(out and about) AND whatever you can harvest from 5x5?

so if you pull "x"pounds you can take an oz of that where ever you want but leave the rest at home.

also, arent we prop 215 patients un-affected? i feel the less ppl who dilute the med system the better it is in the publics eyes.

Ya know.. I thought gardens existed in cubic feet.

Could some law be passed to limit to just two feet tall?

On that 5x5? That is...

J

JackTheGrower

unfortunately, yes its true.

(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, it is lawful and shall not be a public offense under California law for any person 21 years of age or older to:
(i) Personally possess, process, share, or transport not more than one ounce of cannabis, solely for that individual’s personal consumption, and not for sale.
(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands.
(iii) Possess on the premises where grown the living and harvested plants and results of any harvest and processing of plants lawfully cultivated pursuant to section 11300(a)(ii), for personal consumption.

Ya know I worked hard for California Cannabis Initiative and I knew tax2010 had made an update but now I find the one ounce and the right to fire workers for testing positive.

I lost hope after California cannabis failed to get enough volunteers to gather signatures.
I had problems here because with no pay and exposure the cost for them was too high.

I can't blame them or myself.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the fact is that everyone will want, they still won't be able to grow (because it ain't that easy) and the 'not for profit' clause will not be attached to free range reefer, in fact due to taxes they'd like to see it sell for more.

mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.......

J

JackTheGrower

I was just going to say that ^^^. 1oz is what you can have on you but you can have 5 pounds at home no problem. Ypu can grow 1 palnt that will produce 4lbs in a 5x5. I think I can live with that lol

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THE BILL. When you vote you will at least know hat you are voting for. I will be voting YES but not for what is listed in the poll.

Hey friend.. Just a counter concept here. Yes grow 5 lbs but do not and I repeat do not try to grow enough plants to practice proper horticulture.

You see Horticulture includes the hobbyist by definition but under tax2010 not by law.

So sure grow all the seeds, clones you can buy but go to jail if you want to grow out 100 to find the right genetics for a better Family Strain.

I've been here already with this seems like years ago now.

J

JackTheGrower

the fact is that everyone will want, they still won't be able to grow (because it ain't that easy) and the 'not for profit' clause will not be attached to free range reefer, in fact due to taxes they'd like to see it sell for more.

I have to credit you. I like the term "Free Range Cannabis" is it yours?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

S4L...you are sooo right!!
Ppl think it is gonna get cheaper...but they are not looking at it correctly--
There is one (1) reason only that Legalization (might) happen--
MONEY-- They see the price that it is commanding...and that most are willing to pay that price--
It will not go down--
They are banking on it!!
Commercial Growers are not the ones who stand to lose from this...it is the average smoker that will pay the price--
Nobody in Cali is going to jail now, for under an ounce of weed...nor for growing a modest garden--
They are not really giving us much, except for that "Warm fuzzy" feeling of Legalization--

Neo 420

Veteran
MONEY-- They see the price that it is commanding...and that most are willing to pay that price--
It will not go down--
They are banking on it!!
Commercial Growers are not the ones who stand to lose from this...it is the average smoker that will pay the price--
Nobody in Cali is going to jail now, for under an ounce of weed...nor for growing a modest garden--
They are not really giving us much, except for that "Warm fuzzy" feeling of Legalization--

You are so right it has to be wrong...:thank you:

But for real though, you hit a good point. I predicted the price may increase due to tax(es), overhead, etc ..etc..The price for triple A quality WILL increase. Just watch....

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It will not go down--
They are banking on it!!

yep.
ive been saying all along "wheres the tax gonna come from?" becasue the growers are not gonna just eat it and the states not gonna eat it... someone is gonna get taxed. the end user is gonna eat it up, yum

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
couldn't have said it better myself :tiphat:

the ONLY path to legalization should be total legalization, no strings (taxes, regulations, limits) attached

baby steps, baby steps. you NEVER get EVERYTHING you want at the same time. the folks on the fence(you know, voters that don't smoke) are not going to just toss all controls out the damned window & say "we're sorry, just go ahead & do what you want." the path to what we BOTH want is going to be a hell of a lot more than one step, believe me. they finally ended alcohol prohibition, but there are still regulations, age limits, etc. pot being legalized is going to be no different, but how is that not better than the cluster fuck we are dealing with now? saying that "if i don't get everything i want RIGHT NOW, then the rest of you can go to hell" is the most selfish attitude i have ever heard in my life...

Hazelnuts

It will not go down--
They are banking on it!!

Uuhhhh... If I recall correctly, the tax on the weed that would be sold under this proposition is applied per ounce sold, not per amount of money made from it... So in fact what they'd like is that weed gets extremely cheap, so more people buy more ounces which means more taxes for the state

Neo 420

Veteran
Uuhhhh... If I recall correctly, the tax on the weed that would be sold under this proposition is applied per ounce sold, not per amount of money made from it... So in fact what they'd like is that weed gets extremely cheap, so more people buy more ounces which means more taxes for the state

Uhhhh......No your statement is incorrect. The amount of tax on MJ per quantity has not been established in this bill. That is up to the local city to decide. The 50$ a ounce was a different billed that stalled and never made it.....

Hazelnuts

Uhhhh......No your statement is incorrect. The amount of tax on MJ per quantity has not been established in this bill. That is up to the local city to decide. The 50$ a ounce was a different billed that stalled and never made it.....

Ohh OK... Still, they can't fix prices once there's some form of open market with not too many hurtles to jump over in order to get your own MJ business started, if big syndicates try to push the prices up, small players will just open their own shops and fuck them up with lower prices. We have to stop seeing everything as bad and take what we can get, if we expect full 100% legalization from the stop-go we're never going to get anywhere

OC80

i feel the less ppl who dilute the med system the better it is in the publics eyes.

So by that logic, YOU should tear up your card and your paperwork and fail to renew next year... Just to look good for the public, you know?

What makes you so special?

Neo 420

Veteran
This is nuts!! The one time some sort of legalization finally appears and the whole community becomes divided over it..Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought it would come down to this......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't say the whole community is divided there are some. I do believe this will pass. Also the counter culture is not what it was. Now it's about money,greed and what can I get out of it.

Leon Brooks

So by that logic, YOU should tear up your card and your paperwork and fail to renew next year... Just to look good for the public, you know?

What makes you so special?

i just had a tumor removed and am prone to more tumor growths. cannabis has been shown to keep tumors in check and sometimes reverse them.

What is your reason for getting a med card. ALOT of ppl get their card just so they can smoke and not get in trouble. thats where the negative public image comes into play. you seem to be one of those ppl. i could be wrong cause, like you, I know nothing about you or your conditon, should you have one.

its like ppl on welfare who dont want to get a job. your abusing the system and making the rest look bad.

Now... what the fuck makes you so special?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
i just had a tumor removed and am prone to more tumor growths. cannabis has been shown to keep tumors in check and sometimes reverse them.

What is your reason for getting a med card. ALOT of ppl get their card just so they can smoke and not get in trouble. thats where the negative public image comes into play. you seem to be one of those ppl. i could be wrong cause, like you, I know nothing about you or your conditon, should you have one.

its like ppl on welfare who dont want to get a job. your abusing the system and making the rest look bad.

Now... what the fuck makes you so special?

Any and all use is Medicinal-- If it does no more than make you happy....that in itself is good enough in my books--
You have tumors...for that, I empathize with you friend...but to the person (me) who is an ex-heroin addict (18 years, 14 years off it) who has back pain, and does not want to do Vicodin or Oxys....it is Medicine!!
Peace!!:tiphat:

ChronJohn

Well in California if the Tax2010 passes there will be counties where you can have a canna-business and counties you can't so collective large scale production may happen in some places and destitution and small gardens will happen in others.

It's a funky-dance that looks like True Legalization.

This is the option for alcohol, yet it is seen as wacky and unconventional when a county is "dry".. so too shall the day come when the same can be said for cannabis. Many counties will get tired of citizens complaining about having to drive 20-30 miles just to cop an oz, and eventually fall to the pressure. My prediction anyways.

Neo 420

Veteran
mSeTxOiNcEaRn

I know you neg repping me twice is no accident.
:fsu:
Right on for the ability not to respect opinions.
:bashhead:
You little jerk.
:weakestli:

M

mSeTxOiNcEaRn

mSeTxOiNcEaRn

I know you neg repping me twice is no accident.
:fsu:
Right on for the ability not to respect opinions.
:bashhead:
You little jerk.
:weakestli:

LOL i meant to bad rep someone else, dont get your panties all tangled up, thats why i used the PM. But i wont call you any childish names, you did enough of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts