What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GanjaAL

look like meg whitman will be our next governor. she is extremely anti pot....

She will sign the bills but it is the Dems who own this state and have for a long time. They are licking their chops at the chance to spend more of our hard earned money by this new law.

Again... taxation is the enemy of Decriminalization.

Why decriminalize when you can tax it baby!

CaptainTrips

Whitman is a reefer madness kind from what ive heard lol I really doubt she will sign anything that would bring in money from from weed... IE expanding prop 19 she will do everything to bring it down, not that it is likely to pass anyway.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just wonder how she will play a role in all this. she said she would bring in the national guard to secure our borders, pretty hardcore if you ask me.
if prop 19 passes, what would, could she do?

215forLife

If Nutmeg becomes governor I'm going to be slinging pounds at the capitol to peeps with recs and they won't be able to do shit about it.

215forLife

Well she could force law enforcement to take a hardline stance to make sure everyone is legal. Every city hall could get a search warrant and supeanas for all the "city legal" operations. They would go through everyones books, gardens, and records with a meticulous fine toothed comb.

She could veto any new legislation that comes accross her desk in regards to cannabis,.. damn going to miss Ahnold he did a lot for the weed team actually.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
No it is not about that... if you want to vote for a farce then be my guest. When you take current laws and go backwards... how is that not prohibition???? So screw the youth who will fill our prisons and still do. Sorry but your comment only supports voting no

Huh? What are you blathering on about?

Right now it is a 100.00 fine for giving someone 18-20 for an oz or less, With prop 19 it turns that into a 6 month stay in the state pen and a 1000.00 fine. Sorry but that is back ass word!

No. with Prop 19 it turns into *UP TO* 6 months in jail and/or *UP TO* 1000 fine.

So, for instance, the 21 year old who smokes a joint with the 20 year old friend is likely to get a slap on the wrist with no jail time and a minimal fine... but the 40 year old who supplies an entire high school is likely to get the 6 months & $1000 fine.

Vote No on the enslavement act that is Prop 19.

Legalized, regulated cannabis is the same as slavery? Even when it doesn't affect med laws? What are you smoking?

As a vet I fought for peoples rights... why would I vote on a law that would take those away?

Whose rights are being taken away again?

Sorry but I am backing Jack Herer's dream... Decriminalization!

The moment Prop JH comes to the vote, I'll vote for it too. But that's not currently an option. Currently, the best option we've seen in more than 70 years is the one before you now. The one you're equating with slavery!

Legalization does not equal taxation no matter how much you say it does.

None of us are arguing that we are for taxation. You don't have to pay the tax unless you are SELLING IT COMMERCIALLY! Can you name anything else that you can sell legally that you don't have to pay a tax on? I'm waiting...

Also fact:
The highest incarceration rates are between the ages 15-24... so like you said... fuck the 18-20 year olds and those who provide for them????

If you're providing for non-medical 18-20 year olds you're a drug dealer. Plain and simple. Yes, fuck the drug dealers. Legalize weed!

If you're providing for medical 18-20 year olds.... you will not be affected by this damn law so quit acting tardy!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I guess you missed this one so I will reposted it for you. Some of my friends are 18 and have families.... old enough to die for your country but not old enough to smoke weed to handle the stress of being in combat... your welcome.

Well, maybe you should tell your friends to drink a couple of beers to relax after combat... oh wait. That's illegal. So is cannabis RIGHT NOW. You are arguing that we shouldn't legalize cannabis because it won't be fair to the 'barely legal' vets? Are you retarded or just really, really stupid?

IT'S ILLEGAL NOW!

I am glad you agree with having the laws repealed backwards in order to support a taxation. You are the true enemy of Decriminaliztion as you want to jump in bed with the feds.

What is being repealed backwards? Med laws are not affected. So the only people this will affect are the people who are not Medical Cannabis users. And this will affect them in a very positive way, not a negative way.

So what's your problem?

I don't need to hear any more about vets. Just tell me what your ACTUAL problem is.

Will rephrase for you... everywhere you show "I" insert MMJ patients. Hope that helps you understand.

MMJ patients are not affected by this bill, tardo. All you have to do is read the thread you're posting in to know that we've covered this on nearly EVERY SINGLE PAGE.

Besides you are in NY... so could it be you hope to have it shipped to you from cali???? that could be the real reason you are supporting this so adamantly.

What tard-tastic reasoning!

CaptainTrips

Huh? What are you blathering on about?

No. with Prop 19 it turns into *UP TO* 6 months in jail and/or *UP TO* 1000 fine.

So, for instance, the 21 year old who smokes a joint with the 20 year old friend is likely to get a slap on the wrist with no jail time and a minimal fine... but the 40 year old who supplies an entire high school is likely to get the 6 months & $1000 fine.

Legalized, regulated cannabis is the same as slavery? Even when it doesn't affect med laws? What are you smoking?

Whose rights are being taken away again?

The moment Prop JH comes to the vote, I'll vote for it too. But that's not currently an option. Currently, the best option we've seen in more than 70 years is the one before you now. The one you're equating with slavery!

None of us are arguing that we are for taxation. You don't have to pay the tax unless you are SELLING IT COMMERCIALLY! Can you name anything else that you can sell legally that you don't have to pay a tax on? I'm waiting...

You pay income tax when you sell other things. When weed becomes "legal", your going to be paying income tax, sales tax, and a special "x amount per ounce" weed tax on top of that.

215forLife

Anti the issue isn't sales tax its an excise tax. The only things that have consumption based taxes are firearms bullets, petroluem (gas oil), alcohol, and tobacco,...

Gee I do see how cannabis DOESN'T belong with the most deadly things known to man.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
You pay income tax when you sell other things. When weed becomes "legal", your going to be paying income tax, sales tax, and a special "x amount per ounce" weed tax on top of that.

I don't know if you're aware.. but there are taxes on alcohol and cigarettes, too. Above and beyond sales and income tax, I mean.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
itll be weird if meg & 19 get the greenlight on the same day

sure will make california different than a fucking fortune fivehundred company, eh meg?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Anti the issue isn't sales tax its an excise tax. The only things that have consumption based taxes are firearms bullets, petroluem (gas oil), alcohol, and tobacco,...

Gee I do see how cannabis DOESN'T belong with the most deadly things known to man.

How are you going to get conservatives to vote yes for this? Uphold the freedom of everybody being able to toke just because? Or tell them that you're inventing a new tax stream that will help pay for things instead of raising their taxes? Which do you think non-smoking conservatives will more likely support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts